The refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in the kitchen, so it’s important to figure out where to keep refrigerator. There are a few factors to consider when deciding where to keep your refrigerator, including traffic flow, proximity to other appliances, and space constraints. With a little planning, you can find the perfect spot for your fridge that will keep your food fresh and prevent unwanted spills.
One of the most important appliances in the home is the refrigerator. Numerous brands in India offer many different models fitting everyone’s budget. Refrigerators can cost anywhere between 15,000 rupees to 4,00,000 rupees. It keeps food fresh and prevents spoilage. However, many people don’t realize that the placement of the refrigerator is just as important as its contents. You must place your refrigerator in the right spot for several reasons. To find out more about the reasons and about best refrigerator placement in kitchen, continue reading!
How to Know Which Placement is Correct?
Where to keep refrigerator? The answer depends on a few factors, including the type of fridge you have and the layout of your kitchen. Here are a few tips to help pick the right refrigerator placement in kitchen:
If you have a top-freezer fridge, it’s best to keep it in a cool, dry place. The top of the fridge will be closer to the ambient temperature of the room, so it’s important to keep it away from heat sources like the oven or dishwasher. Also, be sure to leave enough clearance around the sides and back of the fridge so that air can circulate freely.
If you have a bottom-freezer fridge, on the other hand, it’s best to keep it in a warmer spot in the kitchen. The bottom freezer compartment is more efficient at keeping food cold, so it doesn’t need to be as close to the ambient temperature of the room. Just be sure to leave enough clearance around the sides and back of the fridge so that air can circulate freely.
Although there are no precise placement guidelines as such where to keep refrigerator, the following elements are considered:
- First and foremost, the technical qualities of the product and the size, form, and height of the ceiling must be considered.
- The refrigerator should not be placed too close to the stove, even if space is limited. This causes the equipment to overheat and become contaminated quickly.
- The area where the refrigeration unit will be installed must have a perfectly flat floor. Too many vibrations have a negative impact on the machinery, causing it to wear out quickly.
- It’s a good idea to think about the location of the nearest store ahead of time.
- A functional triangle between the refrigerator, sink, stove, range hood, and storage systems is ideal.
- Refrigerators, freezers, sinks, dishwashers, and washing machines are all considered water elements in Feng Shui. Hence they should not be put near an oven, stove, or microwave, considered fire elements. According to this theory, a refrigerator should not be placed in front of the kitchen door. The appliance should be placed on the right or left side of the opening.
Where to Keep Refrigerator?
When you purchase a refrigerator, it is likely that you are looking to figure out where to keep your device. This is especially true for smaller homes. So where to put fridge in small kitchen? Keep reading to get an idea!
In a Corner
A refrigerator in the corner can considerably reduce the amount of usable space in the kitchen, making this solution appropriate for a compact space. The two-chamber big corner version is less bulky, blends in seamlessly with the surrounding design, and does not detract from it.
In a Niche
Mechanical stress, pollutants, and sunshine are less damaging to a piece of refrigerator in a niche. A free recess above a low refrigerator can be furnished with shelves or cupboards when it is installed, which means this is one of the best answers to the question of where to put fridge in small kitchen!
This method, however, has disadvantages since the unit pushed into the hole may overheat due to inadequate air circulation and have difficulty opening the doors.
A refrigerator with a headset mount saves space in the kitchen. When closed, it blends in with the façade, visually brightening the room and creating a more orderly and appealing scenario.
Near the Window
When placing a refrigerator near a window, make sure the side of the refrigerator does not protrude from the wall and obstruct the opening. It would help if you kept in mind that sunlight disrupts the temperature regime and raises the danger of rapid equipment wear.
A real thing is frequently utilized under the window to install a refrigerator.
Beneath the Counter
Installing a freezer or refrigerator in the headset’s bottom cabinets is a convenient alternative for cutting down product delivery time while cooking. The small device is built into an island or peninsula beneath the work surface.
Location of Entry
The refrigerator near the kitchen’s entrance serves as an additional partition and zoning device. Still, it also makes it easier to load with groceries once you’ve returned from the store.
In this situation, the gadget can be installed in a drywall niche. The door can be disassembled to create a broader and more open path that visually facilitates the interior.
Close to the Sink
This option is quite convenient and can save a lot of time when washing things that will be sent from the refrigerator if there is a specified distance between the sink and the refrigerated unit.
Smack Dab in the Heart of the Kitchen
The refrigerator unit can be positioned in the center of the kitchen in a large room. However, such an arrangement isn’t always practical because the device detracts from the headset’s appearance and obscures the tabletop area.
Put in a Different Room
A combined balcony will be an appropriate position for the refrigerator when there is no space for fridge in kitchen. This space should be well ventilated, separated, and humidified to a comfortable level.
The refrigerator will fit seamlessly into the wall and operate as a zoning element in the kitchen coupled with the living room or kitchen studio.
It is ideal for placing the unit in a vast storage space in the hall or hallway. The most important thing is to keep the product away from the walls so that air may circulate freely.
Away from Oven
Ideally, your fridge should be about 3-4 feet from your oven. This way, you’ll be able to reach both without too much difficulty. If you have a smaller kitchen, you may need to put your fridge closer to your oven. Just make sure that there’s enough space between them so that they don’t get in the way of each other.
Where To Keep Refrigerator: FAQs
Can my refrigerator be next to the stove?
Many people are unsure about how close their stove and refrigerator should be. Installers typically recommend a distance of 15-20 inches between the two appliances. This is especially important if the stove is gas, as the heat from gas appliances can be more intense. However, a minimum distance of nine inches is usually sufficient to prevent any potential problems.
Can the Refrigerator be placed next to the sink?
When planning a kitchen or renovating an existing one, it’s important to keep the “work triangle” in mind. This refers to the path that you take when moving between the sink, main refrigerator, and stove. You should try to maintain a distance of 4-9 feet between each point to allow for easy maneuvering.
Where To Keep Refrigerator: Conclusion
For anyone who has recently invested in one, where to keep refrigerator, is one of the first questions that may arise in their mind. As mentioned throughout the blog, the best place to keep your refrigerator is in a cool, dry location. This will help extend the life of your appliance and keep your food fresh.
Avoid placing your refrigerator near heat sources or in direct sunlight, as this can cause the unit to work harder and use more energy. If possible, keep your refrigerator away from the kitchen stove or oven, as this will help to prevent cooking odors from seeping into your food. By keeping the abovementioned tips and tricks in mind, you will find the right place to keep your appliance!
Other Refrigerator Blogs
Refrigerator Buying Guide
Refrigerator By Features
- Best Refrigerator With Bottom Freezer
- 10 Best Refrigerators Without Freezer
- Best Double Door Refrigerator
- Best Refrigerator Above 500 Litres
- Top 5 Best Multi Door Refrigerators
- Best 5 Star Refrigerator In India
Refrigerator By Types
- LG 360 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Haier Fridge Review – Is Haier a Reliable Brand?
- Whirlpool Protton 330L 3 Door Refrigerator Review
- Haier 8 in 1 Convertible Refrigerator Review
- Panasonic 584 Litres Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- LG 687 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- Bosch 559 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Voltas Beko Refrigerator Review
- Hisense Fridge Review
- MarQ Refrigerator Review
- Bosch Refrigerator Review
- Why Refrigerator Is Not Cooling?
- Why Is My Refrigerator Making Noise?
- Why Is The Refrigerator Not Dispensing Water?
- Common Refrigerator Problems
- Refrigerator Not Making Ice [Causes & Solutions]
- Refrigerator Starts And Stops Frequently [Causes & Solutions]
- Vegetables Freezing In Refrigerator [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge Compressor Not Working [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge not Cooling but Freezer Works [Fix]
- Fridge is not Cooling but the Light is On [Fix]
- Why is Fridge Light Not Working? [Fix]
Refrigerator By Brands
- 10 Best LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Hitachi Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Samsung Refrigerator
- LG Refrigerator Double Door 5 Star Latest Model
- Best Refrigerator Under 30000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 15000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000
- Top 10 Best Refrigerator Brands
- What to Keep in Mini Fridge?
- Best Storage Containers for Refrigerators
- Guide On How to Adjust Refrigerator Temperature Control
- What is Inverter Technology in Refrigerator?
- What Is Star Rating in Refrigerator?
- How Many Units of Electricity Consumed by Refrigerator?
- What is Frost Free Refrigerator?
- What is Smart Refrigerator?
- What is Coolpad in Refrigerator?
- What Is the Right Noise Level of Refrigerator?
- How To Clean A Refrigerator?
- How To Organise The Refrigerator?
- How to use the refrigerator?
- What is Convertible Refrigerator?
- Best Stabiliser for Refrigerator
- How Does Refrigerator Works?
- What Food Items Do You Preserve in a Refrigerator?
- What is Defrosting in Refrigerator?
- Know which Gas is Used in Refrigerator?
- What is a Direct Cool Refrigerator?
- How Long Do Refrigerators Last?
- Different Parts of Refrigerator
- What is French Door Refrigerator?