Mini refrigerators are great, especially if you are using it in a bedroom or in your living room. A lot of people wonder, what to keep in mini fridge. Well, there are a lot of things you can, and a few things you should not. Mini refrigerators are great appliances for a set uses, however, if you start using them as a normal refrigerator, you might not find a lot of usage out of them. If you are using your refrigerator for your dorm room, or for your PG situation, chances are you are going to have a lot of fun with it.
Let us see in detail what to keep in a mini fridge.
What to Keep in Mini Fridge – Top Food Items to Store in a Mini Refrigerator
Now, mini refrigerators can be used in a dorm, in an office, in your bedroom, and even in your living room. If you watch movies or play games, a mini refrigerator by your side can really help you with all your beverage and snacking needs.
Here are a few things to keep in a mini refrigerator.
- Cheese: One of the best things to store in your mini refrigerator is your collection of cheeses. If you are a cheese connoisseur and are generally stocked up on them, keeping a mini refrigerator just for that would be really grate for you.. *pun intended.
- Deli meats: Deli meats and cold cuts like sausages and salamis can leave a musky smell in your freezer. This is why getting a mini fridge specifically for those can be really convenient for you. Keep the cold cuts close to you for anytime snacking, and add a few condiments in there to make them a little more exciting.
- Vegetables and fruits: A lot of people also store vegetables and fruits in the refrigerator. Large families tend to get themselves a mini fridge just for storing fresh produce. You can easily do the same to save space in your main fridge. You can also keep fruits in your mini refrigerator and keep them in your living room for your guests or you to snack on in you are into healthy living.
- Beverages and booze: One of the best ways to use a mini refrigerator is to keep beverages and booze in it. A living room fridge would do wonderfully with a few cans of the cold ones or some cola.
- Juice boxes: If you have kids running around and you do not want them to keep opening the main fridge to grab a juice box, a mini fridge just for juice boxes is perfect for the little ones. The fridge itself is small and can be placed on the low counters of your kitchen, easy for your kids to reach.
- Leftovers: If you are living alone, or in a PG, or a dorm room, you can easily use your mini refrigerator to store your leftovers. They are perfectly sized for leftovers and provide a cool space for your food.
- Chocolates: If you have a sweet tooth, keeping chocolates in the mini refrigerator would prove quite useful to be honest, I know I would. A bedroom mini fridge would do perfectly with a few chocolates and sweet goodies.
- Water: I mean you could and totally should, especially if you keep booze in there.
Mini Fridges for Different Situations
Depending on where you use a mini refrigerator, you can add different things to it with ease.
1. Mini Fridge For the Dorm Room
- Beverages (Juice or carbonated beverages)
- Dairy (Milk or soy)
- Vegetables and fruits
- Quick snack foods (Sandwiches)
2. Mini Fridge For the Bedroom
- Booze or beer
- Quick snack foods like sandwiches
- Desserts like cake
- Chilled noodles
3. Mini Fridge For the Living Room
- Booze and beverages
- Quick snacks
4. Mini Fridge For Outdoor Parties
- Booze and beverages
- Quick snacks
5. Mini Fridge For Offices
- Cold and iced coffee
- Booze for office parties
- Juice and Beverages
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I organize my mini-fridge?
Organizing a mini refrigerator can be difficult since you do not have a lot of space at your disposal. Make sure you shelf similar things together. Keep things that out to remain colder on the top shelf, since there is where the compressor is. Keep fruits and vegetables at the bottom shelf. Make sure you leave ample space for the air inside to circulate, otherwise cooling will not occur.
Can you put milk in a mini-fridge?
Yes, you can put milk in a mini refrigerator. You would have to make sure not to overload your refrigerator, or you run the risk of ruining everything in there. Mini refrigerators are not that powerful and cannot be stuffed full with food.
So, mini refrigerators are great if you want a secondary refrigerator. If you live alone, you can even use it as your primary one. The things you can store in a mini fridge might vary slightly from the things you can add to a normal fridge. For example, adding ice cream to a mini fridge is not suggested. Mini refrigerators are not that powerful and that will only result in melted ice cream. As for everything else, a mini fridge works perfectly.
Other Refrigerator Blogs
Refrigerator Buying Guide
Refrigerator By Features
- Best Refrigerator With Bottom Freezer
- 10 Best Refrigerators Without Freezer
- Best Double Door Refrigerator
- Best Refrigerator Above 500 Litres
- Top 5 Best Multi Door Refrigerators
- Best 5 Star Refrigerator In India
Refrigerator By Types
- LG 360 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Haier Fridge Review – Is Haier a Reliable Brand?
- Whirlpool Protton 330L 3 Door Refrigerator Review
- Haier 8 in 1 Convertible Refrigerator Review
- Panasonic 584 Litres Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- LG 687 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- Bosch 559 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Voltas Beko Refrigerator Review
- Hisense Fridge Review
- MarQ Refrigerator Review
- Bosch Refrigerator Review
- Why Refrigerator Is Not Cooling?
- Why Is My Refrigerator Making Noise?
- Why Is The Refrigerator Not Dispensing Water?
- Common Refrigerator Problems
- Refrigerator Not Making Ice [Causes & Solutions]
- Refrigerator Starts And Stops Frequently [Causes & Solutions]
- Vegetables Freezing In Refrigerator [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge Compressor Not Working [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge not Cooling but Freezer Works [Fix]
- Fridge is not Cooling but the Light is On [Fix]
- Why is Fridge Light Not Working? [Fix]
Refrigerator By Brands
- 10 Best LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Hitachi Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Samsung Refrigerator
- LG Refrigerator Double Door 5 Star Latest Model
- Best Refrigerator Under 30000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 15000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000
- Top 10 Best Refrigerator Brands
- Best Storage Containers for Refrigerators
- Guide On How to Adjust Refrigerator Temperature Control
- What is Inverter Technology in Refrigerator?
- What Is Star Rating in Refrigerator?
- How Many Units of Electricity Consumed by Refrigerator?
- What is Frost Free Refrigerator?
- What is Smart Refrigerator?
- What is Coolpad in Refrigerator?
- What Is the Right Noise Level of Refrigerator?
- How To Clean A Refrigerator?
- How To Organise The Refrigerator?
- How to use the refrigerator?
- What is Convertible Refrigerator?
- Where to Keep Refrigerator?
- Best Stabiliser for Refrigerator
- How Does Refrigerator Works?
- What Food Items Do You Preserve in a Refrigerator?
- What is Defrosting in Refrigerator?
- Know which Gas is Used in Refrigerator?
- What is a Direct Cool Refrigerator?
- How Long Do Refrigerators Last?
- Different Parts of Refrigerator
- What is French Door Refrigerator?