A refrigerator has a lot of different capabilities. Its basic function, food preservation, is only the tip of the iceberg. The more expensive the refrigerator comes out to be, more features you can expect out of the appliance. That said, one of the most overlooked feature almost every refrigerator on the market comes with, is the coolpad. If you are wondering what is coolpad in refrigerator, read on ahead to get the full insights. Sometimes also called cool pack, this particular component commonly found in most, if not all refrigerators, is easily one of the more helpful things it comes with.
On this page
What is Coolpad in Refrigerator? – Explained 2023
The cool pack, or a coolpad is one of the most essential parts of a refrigerator. It helps to keep food chilled and fresh for longer periods of time. The cool pack works by absorbing heat from the food and then releasing it into the air. This process helps to keep the food at a constant temperature, which prevents spoilage and bacteria growth. The cool pack is usually made from gel or polyurethane, and it can be reused many times.
You will see the best brand of refrigerators often adding a coolpad to their appliances as a rule of thumb. While they are decreasingly common in the newer models, some refrigerators still boast a coolpad or two.
What are Cool Packs/Coolpads? – How do they help?
Cool packs, also known as cool pads, are a type of thermodynamic pack that can be used to keep food and drinks cool for extended periods of time. They are typically made from an inner layer of gel or liquid, enclosed within an outer layer of plastic. The inner layer contains a heat-absorbing material, such as calcium chloride, which helps to draw heat away from the contents of the pack. Cool packs can be reused multiple times by placing them in the freezer for several hours prior to use.
When placed in a cooler, they help to keep the contents cool for extended periods of time, making them ideal for picnics, camping trips, and other outdoor activities.
In addition, cool packs can also be used to relieve pain and swelling from injuries or bruising. By applying a cool pack to the affected area, the flow of blood can be reduced, providing relief from pain and inflammation.
Refrigerator Coolpads – Uses and Advantages
If you are wondering about the function of a coolpad, refrigerator coolpads are used to keep food and drinks cool. For example, if you are planning on taking out some food that you want to remain cool, you can easily bring out your frozen coolpad and lay down your food on that to give it a good few more minutes at a cool temperature.
Similarly, you can also use an already frozen coolpad in your freezer to quickly cool down a food or beverage. Simply keep it over the the coolpad and you get an additional boost of cooling.
They can also be used in direct cool refrigerators to absorb a lot of that floating moisture that turns into frost. Frost free refrigerators do not need coolpads for that reason, but often come with one or two for their other uses.
The refrigerator gel cooling pad is easily one of the more useful features in the best Samsung refrigerator in India. Simply freeze it first, then you can even take them out on picnics. Stored in a dark, cool place, your coolpad will easily keep your food cool for a few hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you put ice pack in fridge?
If you are tending to an injury and are using an ice pack, you can easily store it in your refrigerator for use further on.
What are coolpads in refrigerators?
Coolpads in refrigerators provided additional cooling for your food. If you want to cool foods quickly, or are taking food out that you want to remain cold, you can use a coolpad easily and effectively.
What is this blue liquid box that comes with refrigerator?
That is actually a coolpad. Coolpads are basically gel pads that once cooled and frozen, will remain so for a very long time. You can easily use it to keep your food cool during either a power cut, or if you took some food out of the freezer and want it to stay cool for a while. A coolpad is actually really useful and work very well even for their simple design.
Is coolpad necessary for fridge?
No, it is not necessary for a refrigerator. If you do not have a use for the coolpad, you can permanently retire it. However, it can be quite helpful if you have the use for it. While they are not necessary, they do provide added convenience.
Coolpad is a special type of material that is used in refrigerators to help keep food and drinks cold. It is made up of a series of thin, flexible metal sheets that are layered together to form a pad. The metal sheets are filled with a substance called a phase change material (gel), which changes from a liquid to a solid when it gets cold. When the phase change material reaches its freezing point, it releases energy in the form of heat.
This helps to keep the food and drinks inside the refrigerator cold. Coolpad is an effective way to keep food and drinks cold, and it can be used in both commercial and residential refrigerators.
Other Refrigerator Blogs
Refrigerator Buying Guide
Refrigerator By Features
- Best Refrigerator With Bottom Freezer
- 10 Best Refrigerators Without Freezer
- Best Double Door Refrigerator
- Best Refrigerator Above 500 Litres
- Top 5 Best Multi Door Refrigerators
- Best 5 Star Refrigerator In India
Refrigerator By Types
- LG 360 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Haier Fridge Review – Is Haier a Reliable Brand?
- Whirlpool Protton 330L 3 Door Refrigerator Review
- Haier 8 in 1 Convertible Refrigerator Review
- Panasonic 584 Litres Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- LG 687 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator Review
- Bosch 559 Litre Refrigerator Review
- Voltas Beko Refrigerator Review
- Hisense Fridge Review
- MarQ Refrigerator Review
- Bosch Refrigerator Review
- Why Refrigerator Is Not Cooling?
- Why Is My Refrigerator Making Noise?
- Why Is The Refrigerator Not Dispensing Water?
- Common Refrigerator Problems
- Refrigerator Not Making Ice [Causes & Solutions]
- Refrigerator Starts And Stops Frequently [Causes & Solutions]
- Vegetables Freezing In Refrigerator [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge Compressor Not Working [Causes & Solutions]
- Fridge not Cooling but Freezer Works [Fix]
- Fridge is not Cooling but the Light is On [Fix]
- Why is Fridge Light Not Working? [Fix]
Refrigerator By Brands
- 10 Best LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Hitachi Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- Best Samsung Refrigerator
- LG Refrigerator Double Door 5 Star Latest Model
- Best Refrigerator Under 30000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 15000 In India
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000
- Top 10 Best Refrigerator Brands
- What to Keep in Mini Fridge?
- Best Storage Containers for Refrigerators
- Guide On How to Adjust Refrigerator Temperature Control
- What is Inverter Technology in Refrigerator?
- What Is Star Rating in Refrigerator?
- How Many Units of Electricity Consumed by Refrigerator?
- What is Frost Free Refrigerator?
- What is Smart Refrigerator?
- What Is the Right Noise Level of Refrigerator?
- How To Clean A Refrigerator?
- How To Organise The Refrigerator?
- How to use the refrigerator?
- What is Convertible Refrigerator?
- Where to Keep Refrigerator?
- Best Stabiliser for Refrigerator
- How Does Refrigerator Works?
- What Food Items Do You Preserve in a Refrigerator?
- What is Defrosting in Refrigerator?
- Know which Gas is Used in Refrigerator?
- What is a Direct Cool Refrigerator?
- How Long Do Refrigerators Last?
- Different Parts of Refrigerator
- What is French Door Refrigerator?