When it comes to managing home comfort during the hot summer months, many people ends up buying the best tower ACs as a solution. Because of their vertical design and large fans, these devices are able to remove heat with greater efficiency than other types of air conditioners. Additionally, tower ACs take up less space than standard models, making them an ideal choice for cramped rooms or small apartments. However, while tower ACs have many advantages, they also have their share of drawbacks. Wondering about all the tower AC advantages and disadvantages? Let us get into it then.
On this page
Tower Air Conditioners – How effective are they?
Tower air conditioners are one of the most effective methods for cooling large spaces. These types of AC units are characterized by a tall, narrow design that efficiently disperses cold air throughout the space. What’s more, they typically feature multiple vents, allowing air to flow into the room from various angles and mitigate hot spots or pockets of stagnant air.
Additionally, tower air conditioners tend to be highly energy-efficient, minimizing electricity costs and thereby minimizing emissions and environmental impact. Overall, then, these powerful cooling machines are an essential tool for keeping large indoor spaces comfortable during periods of extreme heat.
However, there are some drawbacks to tower air conditioners as well. For starters, they tend to be rather noisy, especially when they are operating at full capacity. Additionally, they require fairly regular maintenance in order to operate effectively and prevent the accumulation of dust and dirt inside the system. Ultimately, tower air conditioners may not be suitable for all spaces, but for most applications, they are an effective solution for cooling large areas.
📌Also Read: How does tower AC work
Tower AC Advantages and Disadvantages:
Tower air conditioners are some of the most effective appliances you can invest in for cooling your home. They are not as expensive as traditional air conditioners, and function almost as well as them. However, if you want effective cooling, like really effective cooling, traditional air conditioners still prove better. Tower ACs work well enough however and can provide a comfortable night’s sleep even in the really hot summer times.
That said, there are a ton of advantages and disadvantages of tower air conditioners. For example, they are prone to dust buildup due to the way that the towers are constructed, and some models may emit loud noises at higher speeds. Overall though, tower ACs remain a popular choice for many homeowners looking to keep cool indoors throughout the summer season.
Advantages of Tower AC [Benefits]
Tower air conditioners offer a number of benefits over traditional units. For one, they take up less space, making them ideal for small apartments or rooms. Additionally, they are often more energy-efficient than window units, helping to lower your monthly utility bills. Another benefit of tower AC is that they provide more even cooling throughout a room, as the air is distributed evenly from the top down. Lastly, many tower air conditioners come with built-in filters that help to remove dust and allergens from the air, providing you with a cleaner, healthier indoor environment.
- Affordable: Unlike traditional air conditioners that can prove to be highly expensive to purchase, tower ACs tend to be on the lower end. While you still hash out quite a bit of money, getting effective cooling is not as expensive anymore with a good tower AC.
- Easy to install and use: As standard air conditioners require professional help to install, tower ACs are a lot simpler in that regard. While we suggest you still take professional help, once you understand the appliance well enough, you can easily do it yourself. Using the appliance also proves incredibly simple and straightforward.
- Portable and versatile: Tower air conditioners are highly portable and can be moved around with quite a bit of ease. However, you should not compare them to portable air conditioners that can be freely moved into new rooms. Tower ACs still have a duct and need to be connected to it at all times to function like it is supposed to. It can moved around as much as the duct allows you to. So, when you are getting one installed, give note to this and allow your tower AC some space to move around.
- Energy efficient: One of the biggest advantages of tower air conditioners include their energy efficient nature. Essentially, you get the cooling capacity of a traditional air conditioner without spending a fortune on the appliance.
- Extra features: Tower air conditioners also come with a variety of features that help them stand toe-to-toe with some of the better traditional air conditioners on the market. Temperature controls, dehumidifiers, air filters, and more can be expected from a mid to high end appliance.
Disadvantages of Tower AC
Tower air conditioners are popular in many households and offices due to their sleek form factor and low energy consumption. While these units certainly have their benefits, they also come with certain disadvantages that should be considered before purchasing one. For example, tower air conditioners tend to be much noisier than other types of air conditioning units. Furthermore, they tend to take up a lot of space on the floor and can make it difficult for people to move around freely.
Additionally, their tall designs can interfere with overhead lighting or cabinets, making them inappropriate for smaller spaces or rooms with lots of furniture. Ultimately, the appeal of the tower air conditioner must be weighed against its disadvantages when considering whether it is the right choice for your home or business.
- Noisy operation: While some tower air conditioners come with noise dampeners, most of the other ones can be a little noisy when they are running. If you are looking to install one in your office space, or your bedroom, it is a good idea to make sure you get the appliance that comes with noise-reduction technology. They might be a little more pricey than the others, but prove quite effective at their job.
- Takes up space: Unlike split air conditioners and window air conditioners, tower ACs need to be placed inside the room, on the floor. This takes up space and the bulky design can cause you to lose your existing décor. This also means that you cannot add a tower AC to a small room without compromising on space.
- Requires modifications to the room: Do not consider tower ACs as portable ones. They have an outdoor unit just like you would find in a split air conditioner. This means that you would have to connect the two using a duct/pipe, which would in-turn require you to make modifications to your room. Do keep this in mind.
📌Also Read: Is tower AC good for home
Tower AC Pros and Cons
There are a lot of benefits of using a tower AC. However, they come with their limitations as well. If you are planning to buy one, you would need to keep in mind these few things and invest accordingly.
- Portable and easy to move
- Energy efficient
- Good cooling capacity
- No installation required
- Cheaper than traditional ACs
- Cannot be used in smaller rooms
- Big and bulky
- Not as efficient as traditional ACs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are tower ACs better than split ACs?
That is a little subjective. Split ACs are a lot better at cooling, but take a lot of electricity to run, and are generally quite expensive to purchase. On the other hand, tower ACs are more energy efficient than split ACs, but their cooling potential is no where near their counterpart. That said, for medium sized rooms, a tower AC might still prove better than split ACs.
Can I move a tower AC to another room?
This is a common misconception and people tend to confuse tower ACs with portable ACs. Tower ACs have an outdoor unit they are connected to with a pipe/duct. So there is no way you can move a tower AC to another room without still being connected to its outdoor unit.
Does a tower AC require an outdoor unit?
Yes. A Tower AC does come with an outdoor unit that connects to the main body via a pipe/duct. Much like how you would find in a split air conditioner.
Which brand tower AC is best?
If you are out looking for a tower AC, we suggest you take a look at Voltas. It is easily one of the best brand that produces some of the more feature-rich and efficient tower ACs.
There are both advantages and disadvantages to using tower air conditioners. On the plus side, they are generally more energy-efficient than window units, and they can cool a room more evenly. Additionally, they are less likely to leak water into your home. On the downside, tower air conditioners can be more expensive to purchase and install, and they can be quite loud. Overall, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of using a tower air conditioner before making a decision. If you decide that a tower unit is right for you, be sure to do your research to find the most energy-efficient model available.
Leave a Reply