Dusting is quite the hectic chore and takes a lot of time too. Not to mention the supplies you need to keep handy. Khojdeal lists Top 8 Hacks to Keep Your House Dust Free.
There are ways you can easily keep your house dust free and all the germs and dirt out of your living room altogether. The old Asian trick to remove your shoes before entering your house is probably the best way to keep any dust and dirt from entering your house in the first place.
Top 8 Hacks to Keep Your House Dust Free
Do you like keeping your house clean? It is a great habit, yes, but we know it can take up a lot of your time, not to mention the effort your go through. Fortunately, there are easy hacks you can commit to to reduce the influx of dust into your homes.
Khojdeal lists Top 8 Hacks to Keep your House Dust Free.
How to Keep Your House Dust Free
- Keep the Dust Outside : Yes, the Asian household trick to remove shoes outside when you enter your house actually helps to keep dust and dirt outside too. Most of the dirt that comes into your home, statistically proven, is from shoes. To keep your house dust free, make sure you remove any footwear before coming in. Closing windows and doors during windy weather and even generally can help against a build up of dust.
- Groom Your Pets : Pet dander constitutes a huge chunk of dust in your homes. If you own a pet, you should groom them often to get rid of any loose hairs and dander from settling on your furniture. Also bathe them regularly to clean off any dirt and dust.
- Watch for Paper and Fabric Fibers : Paper and fabric fibers also produce nasty, tiny specs that settle very easily on your furniture. If you have a lot of documents lying around, bind and settle them up to avoid any of that. Fibers from clothes also tend to constitute a lot of settled particles that you might have to clean later. Instead, use a lint roller to keep any fibers falling off onto your living space.
- Change Sheets : Changing sheets, pillow covers and curtains can also reduce the dust and dirt in your homes by quite the margin. Sheets and pillows especially contain a lot of dead skin and other nasty things that require constant cleaning.
- Air Filter/Purifier : Investing in a HEPA certified air purifier is probably the best way to keep your living space dust free. They work by sucking in the air in your home, filtering it and putting out clear, purified air. A HEPA certified air purifier ensures that fine particles of dust are efficiently filtered out.
- Vacuum Often : Vacuum cleaning ensure all the dust on the floor, carpet or furniture is effectively cleaned out, making sure your house remains dust and dirt free.
- Use Lint Rollers on Carpets and Blinds ; A lint roller works very effectively to remove any dust on carpets and blinds, where dust and dirt can easily stick and cause allergic issues and countless other problems.
- Use Newspaper : Using newspaper as a base on shelves and table tops ensures no dust settles on the furniture below. They can and must be changed regularly to avoid any dust build up on them itself, but keeps you from dusting those areas for a period of time.
If you clean often, you know dusting takes up a lot of time and effort. The best way to avoid or atleast reduce the time you spend dusting is to keep all that dust out of your house in the first place. Khojdeal lists Top 8 Hacks to Keep Your House Dust Free. It can be difficult to do so if you live in a city where construction is at a large and dust is often inevitable, but we assure you, you can significantly reduce your dusting periods by quite the margin.
- How To Cut Your Own Hair At Home?
- Every High Touch Surface You Should Clean to Help Keep Germs at Bay
- WFH 7 Things to Know Before Setting Up a Home Office
- Food Safety Tips For Handling Groceries Right Now
- 4 Tips For Creating a WFH Station That Won’t Bother Your Back
- Most Fun and Creative Hobbies You Can Start Right Now
Loved our blog on Top 8 Hacks to Keep Your House Dust Free? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.