Best Mosquito Killer Machine In India: The list of mosquito-borne diseases to be concerned about seems to get longer and scarier each year. Whether you’re enjoying the great outdoors on a tropical island or in your own backyard, you need the best and most effective protection from biting mosquito.
While anti-mosquito lotions, ointments, sprays and regular chemical fogging can come in really handy for warding off these thirsty bloodsuckers, electric and propane mosquito repellents are becoming increasingly popular.
Listed below are our top 10 picks for the best electronic mosquito killers available in the market today.
Top 10 Best Electronic Mosquito Killers In India 2019
Which is the best electronic mosquito killer in India?
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
- Aspectek 20W Electronic Bug Insect Killer
- Lightsmax Electric Mosquito Killer Lamp with Light Sensor
- Stinger Portable Rechargeable Cordless Insect Zapper
- Hoont Powerful Indoor Electric Fly Zapper
- SereneLife Waterproof Bug Zapper
- Mosclean Electronic Mosquito Killer
- Clody Household Mosquito Killer
- Bebug Bug Zapper
- Hansel Electronic Mute Mosquito Killer
Top 10 best electronic mosquito killers in India 2019 Reviewed
- Patented, high efficiency, non-clogging killing grid
- Killing grid powered by high voltage transformer
- One 15-watt high intensity ultraviolet, (black light), bulb BF-35
- USDA tested Octenol attractant, a proven mosquito lure – Free 30-day cartridge
- Rugged, weatherproof polycarbonate construction; will not rust, crack or fade
- Easy bulb replacement – no tools required
- Avoids the continuing expense and inconvenience of chemical insecticides
- Operates for pennies a day
- Two-year limited warranty
- Assembled unit size: 8-1/2″L x 8-1/2″W x 13-1/2″H
- Shipping weight: 5 lbs
- 1/2 Acre Coverage
This patented and highly efficient electronic mosquito killer from Flowtron ensures that your outdoor living areas are free of flying insects – without harming the environment! Insect remains, uncontaminated by pesticides, fall to the ground to be naturally reabsorbed into the ecosystem. The maintenance-free operation of this mosquito killer machine features a UV light and an electrified grid powered by a high voltage transformer that eliminates thousands of flying pests for just pennies a day. Its rugged, weatherproof polycarbonate construction making this mosquito killer durable and ensures that it will not rust, crack or fade. The decorative lantern even doubles as security lighting! Add optional Octenol attractant for improved effectiveness.
- Two UV bulbs that emit powerful ultraviolet rays
- Powerful 2800-volt shock zap
- Effective for a large area of up to 5,000 sq. feet
- Get rid of bugs fast without sticky, messy poisons and sprays
- No zap sound
- Easy to use and maintain
- Safe for home use
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 38 x 28 cm
- Weight: 1.29 kg
Equipped with two UV bulbs that emit powerful ultraviolet rays, this Aspectek electronic mosquito killer attracts flies, mosquitoes and other flying insects from up to 80 feet away. This vast coverage range lures insects to the machine where they are zapped by a powerful 2800-volt shock. Since this mosquito killer machine provides a chemical and an odour free performance, it is great for places where pesticides and insecticides cannot be sprayed like kitchen, hospitals, restaurants, etc. Besides offering powerful protection from pesky insects, this machine is also easy to use and maintain. Insects are caught in an easy to remove and washable tray. The protective net is also removable. Despite the powerful electrical grid, this electronic mosquito killer is CE certified & RoHS compliant and therefore safe for home use.
- UV mosquito killer
- Ultra-quite operation
- Light sensor mode
- Input voltage: AC100-240V
- Power: 12-watts
- Chemical free
- Safe to use
- Easy to clean
- 400 sq. ft. coverage
The Lightmax electric mosquito killer uses an attractive violet lightwave to capture mosquitoes 360-degrees. By using phototaxis and thermotaxis, this electric mosquito machine attracts insects so that they can be handled by the voltage. It is equipped with an ingenious light sensor mode that automatically turns on at night and turns off during the daytime. Since its cordless, lightweight and easy to carry, this bug zapper can be used anywhere – porches, warehouses, garages, homes, living rooms, kitchens, offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, etc.
- Portable, cordless and rechargeable
- UV Black light attracts & kills 40% more insects such as mosquitoes, moths, flies, beetles & more
- Covers up to 625 sq. ft. approximately the size of a 25×25 patio, deck or camping space
- Up to 3.5 hour run time, 3-hour recharge time
- Lantern-only feature LED light for accent lighting
- Quiet zapping operation
- Decorative lantern style to complement outdoor décor
- For outdoor use
- Includes Nosquito® Mosquito Octenol Replacement Lure to boost mosquito attraction
- Product dimensions: Dimensions: 5.75″ x 12″ x 5.75″
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Stinger Cordless Insect Zapper Lantern is designed to attract and kill a wide range of flying insects like mosquitoes, flies, beetles and moths. The ultraviolet (UV) light given off by this electric mosquito killer machine is within the luminescent range that has proven effective to lure these insects. It can eliminate up to 40% more flying insects than the UV white light. Insects are attracted to the light and killed as they contact the electrically charged grid area. This electric mosquito killer machine is equipped with a protective outer cage that helps prevent pets, birds, butterflies, and children’s fingers from coming in contact with the charged grids. This Cordless Insect Zapper Lantern has 2 operating modes – Bug Zapping (UV) or Lantern-Only (LED). In Bug Zapping mode, this electric mosquito killer machine effectively covers up to 625 sq. ft. Being easily portable, this mosquito killer machine is ideal for patio spaces, decks and camping grounds.
- Power: 40-Watts
- Size: 17 x 10 x 3.5 inches
- Cord Length: 5 ft.
- Bulbs: Two 10-Watt UV bulbs (replaceable)
- Coverage Area: up to 6,000 sq. ft.
- Pesticide, chemical & odour free operation
- Safe to operate 24/7
- Non-clogging and easy to clean electric grid
- Kills a limitless amount of insects
- Ideal for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Use
- Weight: 5.53 lbs
The Hoont Bug Zapper features two high intensity 10-watt ultraviolet (UV) bulbs that attract all annoying flying insects into the device. When they come in contact with the extremely powerful high voltage electrically charged metal grid, they are killed instantly. Designed to spread light in all four directions, this electric mosquito killer is effective for a large area of up to 6,000 sq. ft. This makes it perfect for home, office, kitchens, restaurants, schools, hospitals, etc. and for commercial and industrial use as well. The Hoont electronic mosquito killer is also safe to operate and easy to clean. It can be free standing or can be wall mounted to keep out-of-reach of children and pets. Dead insects get collected at the tray at bottom of the unit, which can then be easily removed for cleaning and bug disposal.
- Effectively Eliminates Unwanted Bugs & Pests
- Weather-Resistant Waterproof Housing
- Integrated UV Light Attracts Insects
- Eco-Friendly: No Harmful Chemicals
- Electric Zapper Pest Control
- Hassle Free Operation: Simply Plug it In
- Extra Wide Coverage Area
- Rugged & Durable Construction
- Built-in Fan Draws Pests Inward
- Easily Removable Waste Bucket Tray
- Traps Annoying Flies, Mosquitoes, Beatles, Moths
- Convenient Hook for Hanging
- For Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Construction Material: Engineered ABS
- Lamp Type: UV (Ultra-Violet) Black Light
- Area Coverage: Over 330+ Square Feet
- Marine Grade Rating: IP-X4
- Power: 120V
- Power Cord Length: 7.2′ Ft.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.5” x 8.5” x 12.6”
- Weight: 4.46 lbs.
- Warranty: 1-year
The SereneLife electronic mosquito killer consists of a 7W ultraviolet (UV) light, a tube shield with a reflector function, a built-in powerful DC suction fan and an anti-insect escaping device to lure and kill more insects and provide hassle-free pest control. To ensure a healthy home, this electric mosquito killer offers a completely eco-friendly performance. It does not use any chemicals or harmful substances to eliminate pesky insects. To reduce the risk of electric shocks, this mosquito killer machine for home has a polarized plug and also double insulation. The marine grade weatherproof and water-resistant construction of this mosquito killer lamp is perfect for outdoor placement on your patio or deck.
- Size: 260 x 320 mm
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 1,205g
- Attractant source: Optimized UV LEDs + CO₂
- Coverage: 1 acre (4,046 square metre)
- Power consumption: 9.6-watts
- Power: DC 12V Adaptor, 100~240V
- Installation: Hanging hole / Stand top
The Mosclean electric mosquito killer lures and traps mosquitoes by emitting a 365nm UV LED light and is up to 13 times more effective in trapping Aedes aegypti, which spreads the microcephaly causing Zika virus. Designed to be eco-friendly without using any mercury lamps or chemical substances, this mosquito killer light guarantees suitable safety for infants, pregnant women and the elderly. The wide effective range of 4,000 square metres and water resistance feature of this product makes it ideal for camping and outdoor use. With a low power design that consumes only 9.6-watts, it costs only 36 rupees per month for 24 hours of operation.
- Intelligent light control technology
- Safe to use
- Easy to clean 360-degree clamshell design
- Noise reduction
- Removable power supply
- Ultra-low power consumption: consumes only 1 kWh per month
- Dimensions: 12.2 cm(D) x 17.6 cm(H)
- Warranty not applicable for this product
This electronic mosquito killer is equipped with an intelligent light control technology that automatically switches off during the day and switches on at night thereby saving power. By emitting 365nm UV LED light, the mosquito killer light attracts parasites and kills them with a powerful zap. The insects are collected in a 360-degree clamshell design bottom box that’s easy to clean. Being non-hazardous and non-radiative, the Clody Household Mosquito Killer is safe to use.
- Outdoor mosquito killer for camping, night fishing, party, etc
- The mosquito lamp emits purple light, which has a fatal attraction to mosquitoes
- USB charging
- Voltage click mosquito killer
- Night light
- Placement location: 1m above the ground, 2m from the human body
- Ultraviolet LED: 4*0.06W
- UV wavelength: 360-400nm
- Working time after fully charge: 15 hours
- Fully charge time via USB input cable: approx 3 hours
- Grid voltage: 1000V
- Power: 5W
- Lantern: 100% lighting (180LM) – 50% lighting (90LM) – 20% lighting (30LM)
- Repellent Type: Ultrasonic Pest Repellers
- Pest Type: Mosquitoes
- Rated Voltage: 100-240V
- LED Photocatalyst
- Colour: Champagne Gold
Top 6 Best Mosquito Killer Racket In India 2019
The number of mosquitoes present in the cities always increase quickly during the summer season. They can cause many diseases like malaria, dengue, west Nile virus, chikungunya, yellow fever, filariasis, tularaemia, dirofilariasis, Japanese encephalitis, etc. One of the best insect killers you can invest in to protect yourself from bug bites is a mosquito killer racket.
Listed Below Are The Top 6 Best Mosquito Killer Racket In India 2019.
Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Spray in India 2019
There are the fun parts of summer — think swimming, s’mores, vacations, camping — and then there are the less-desirable ones, mostly represented by insects and pests. To keep insects like Zika-carrying mosquitoes and Lyme-carrying ticks at bay, you need a good, dependable bug spray. One of the best insect killers you can invest in to protect yourself from bug bites is a mosquito killer spray.
Listed below are the Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Spray in India 2019.
Top 5 Best Electronic Mosquito Killer Night Lamp in India 2019
Listed below are the Top 5 Best Electronic Mosquito Killer Night Lamp in India 2019.
Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Light In India 2019
Listed below are the Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Light In India 2019.
Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Agarbatti In India 2019
Listed below are the Top 5 Best Mosquito Killer Agarbatti In India 2019.
Electronic Mosquito Killer Buying Guide – How to select the best mosquito killer machine?
An electric mosquito killer is an electronic insect control system that uses light to attract insects and then kills them by electrocution. If you are bothered by bugs and want to live pest free, you need to know what to look for in a mosquito killer.
Examine the bug zappers housing. It should not allow children or pets to touch the electrified grids inside.
Make sure the light source will attract the insects you are trying to get rid of, not harmless ones. Mosquito killers use mercury neon or ultraviolet light sources. Many insects see ultraviolet lights better than light in the visible spectrum.
Buy a mosquito zapper that also emits a mosquito attractant if you want to eliminate mosquitoes are not attracted to ultraviolet light.
Two Wire Meshes
Select a design that has two wire meshes surrounding the light source.
Choose a design that delivers enough voltage to kill the insects you wish to eliminate. Some bug zappers have a voltage output of 2,000 volts or more.
Natural Mosquito Killer: 7 Plants That Repel Mosquitoes And Other Insects
Mosquitoes and flies are two insects that regularly fly around our house and annoy us, and as if that wasn’t already bad enough, they can also transmit diseases. Whenever we notice them around our house, our first reaction is usually to grab some repellent to keep them away. But did you know that there are some plants that can also keep these insects far away from your home? The best part is that they’re natural and smell much better than bug spray. These plants repel insects due to the essential oils present in them.
Basil: Basil is great at repelling mosquitoes and flies, and since it does best in direct sunlight, it should be placed near doors or windows.
Marigolds: Just like basil, marigolds also emit a pleasant smell that scares off bugs.
Catnip: While catnip may attract cats, it keeps mosquitoes away. A study has shown that it’s 10x more potent than most store-bought repellents.
Rosemary: Most people are already aware of rosemary oil’s health benefits, but its fragrance is also able to keep mosquitoes and other flying insects away.
Chrysanthemum: Chrysanthemums contain pyrethrin, a natural insecticide. This substance repels mosquitoes and other insects such as cockroaches, beetles and flies. You can also use this plant to avoid getting bug bites by rubbing the leaves on your skin.
Geranium: One of the most common plants used to repel insects and decorate front porches is the geranium. Geraniums smell strongly of lemon and citronella. There are also ivy geraniums which contain a substance that serves as a natural insecticide and repellent, so it keeps mosquitoes away.
Citronella: This is probably one of the best-known alternatives to repel insects, and it’s used to make candles and oils. The plant serves as a repellent on its own, but you can use it directly on your skin to further prevent bug bites. Try crushing some citronella leaves and rubbing them straight on your body.
Homemade Mosquito Killer – How To Make Mosquito Insect Killer At Home?
1. Open all the screws of the mosquito swatter racket and remove the plastic cover.
2. Desolder the wires and separate the circuit board.
3. Join the metal grid wires and connect additional wires.
4. Insulate the connection using heat shrink tubes.
5. Cut a piece of cardboard as big as the mosquito racket.
6. Paint the cardboard with any suitable colour.
7. Short the power switch on the circuit board.
8. Remove all the indicator lights.
9. Connect a Li-ion Battery to TP4056 charging module.
10. Connect the battery to the mosquito killer circuit board.
11. Connect an ultraviolet LED to the circuit board.
12. Solder the metal grid wires to the circuit.
13. Attach the circuit to the mosquito killer machine.
14. Cover the ultraviolet LED with a diffused cap.
15. Close the Mosquito Insect killer machine
16. Connect a 5V micro USB charger
17. Power ON the Mosquito Insect Killer machine
Frequently Asked Questions About Electronic Mosquito Killers
There’s lots you can do to keep mosquitoes from swarming your summer. Here’s how you can protect yourself and your yard from these common pests.
1. Repellent comes in many forms, including spray, cream, stick, and clip-on. Natural repellents like oils can also be effective. The CDC recommends using repellent that contains at least 20% DEET and reapplying every few hours for maximum effectiveness. Sprays are affordable and simple to apply. Waterproof wearable repellents are another easy to use option. You can also apply certain natural oils to your skin to keep mosquitoes away.
2. Available in sprays and dunks, larvicides eliminate lava and pupa before they develop. They’re used in water where mosquitoes generally lay their eggs.
3. Bug zappers are another good option attract and kill mosquitoes using a combination of heat and carbon dioxide. The traps lure mosquitoes by replicating human scent.
4. Mixing oils like peppermint, camphor, or citronella with water can also create an effective room spray.
5. Mosquito candles are great for lawn tables and decks but are ineffective in windy conditions and shouldn’t be used in enclosed spaces.
6. If you want to protect a large area, refillable torches are a great option.
7. Keep standing water areas clean and clear out your gutters regularly.
8. It’s always best to trim plants around bodies of water in your yard to help cut down on mosquitoes.
1. Electronic mosquito killers are housed in a protective cage of plastic or grounded metal bars to prevent people or animals from touching the high voltage grid.
2. The light source, a fluorescent lamp designed to emit both visible and ultraviolet light, is fitted inside. It attracts insects to the electronic mosquito killer. Some mosquito killers also use octenol and other such chemicals to attracts insects.
3. The light is surrounded by a pair of interwoven high-voltage bare wire grids or spirals.
4. These grids generates a voltage of 2,000 volts or more. This is high enough to zap any insect that touches the grid, but not high enough to spark across the air gap.
5. Many bug zappers are fitted with trays that collect the electrocuted insects. Some models use a fan to help to trap the insect.
Electronic devices that claim to repel mosquitoes by emitting high frequency or ultrasounds are ineffective. They also appear to have some negative effects on pets, who can hear ultrasound or high frequency ranges. Electronic mosquito killers also kill the wrong bugs. Electrocuting bug zappers that use ultraviolet light to attract insects kill beneficial insects, such as beetles and moths, not mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are not strongly attracted to UV light, but many pollinating insects are.
A mosquito magnet is a kind of mosquito trap that aims to kill all mosquitoes by setting up a fake mammal for the mosquitoes to be attracted to and then vacuums them up. Mosquito magnets produce warmth, carbon dioxide, plant chemicals or sweat chemical to attract mosquitoes. These traps attract mosquitoes with a combination of carbon dioxide (some traps use propane) and octenol (another chemical attractant). Mosquito magnet-type traps can be extremely effective if they are put in the right place, set up properly and tuned to attract the species of mosquitoes that live in your area.
The best indoor electronic mosquito killers are listed below:
1. Gloue Bug Zapper Electronic Mosquito Killer
2. Dynatrap Insect Trap
3. Hitsan Incorporation Electronic Bug Zapper
4. Zinnor Electronic Indoor Bug Zapper
5. Smiledrive Photo Catalyst Mosquito Fly Killer Trap
Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide and water vapor in the breath of mammals, not ultraviolet light. However, there are now bug zappers that emit carbon dioxide or use an external bait, such as octenol, to better attract biting insects into the light.
Electronic mosquito killers should be positioned at least 15-20 feet away from humans and pets. They work best when hung 5-7 feet from ground-level. Hanging the electronic mosquito killer on a tree or shepherd hook works best.
Here are five things that might be making you a mosquito magnet — and what, if anything, you can do to lessen your appeal.
1. Carbon Dioxide: You’ve probably heard that mosquitoes find their human targets by our exhaled breaths — and that’s true, but there’s even more to it than that. What they’re attracted to is the carbon dioxide you breathe out. Scientists think that there are two ways CO2 increases your odds of getting bit. One, it ‘activates’ the mosquito — meaning it triggers them to fly, and to fly more quickly. And two, it’s an attractant. Scientists think they use it to orient themselves to the source of the gas with the help of air currents.
2. Sweat: The sweat you produce can also draw in mosquitoes. Although moisture is an attractant for them, what they’re mostly sensing is how you smell. Many of the chemicals in your sweat are considered volatile compounds, meaning they can easily turn into a vapor. This includes things like lactic acid, amines, sulphides, and carboxylic acids. And most of these are formed by the communities of bacteria that live on your skin. One of those sweat compounds in particular — lactic acid — might play a bigger role in mosquito attraction than the others.
3. Pathogens: Mosquito bites aren’t just annoying. Every bite has the potential to pass along mosquito-carried infections too — nasty stuff like encephalitis, West Nile virus, yellow fever, and, of course, malaria. But what’s even more disturbing is that these pathogens seem to change something about people to make them more attractive to the mosquitoes that spread them around. The big question is what the pathogen is changing to make the person it’s infecting more attractive. Scientists think it ultimately comes down to odour.
4. Clothes: Most of the things that make you a mosquito magnet aren’t all that easy to change. But one thing is: your clothes. A bunch of studies have shown that mosquitoes love to land on dark coloured surfaces — everything from painted barn roofs to boxes and, of course, clothing. Black, blue and red were the most attractive to mosquitoes — they didn’t care as much for yellow or white. A study also found that how much light reflected off the cloth determined how attractive the traps were — basically, mosquitoes like things that aren’t super reflective. Also, the mosquitoes like shorter wavelengths of light, in the 400 to 600 nanometre range — basically, violet to orange colours — while anything with a wavelength over 600 nanometres was pretty much a no go. So, you could opt for a light-coloured outfit or anything reflective.
5. Alcohol: If you’re drinking booze, you’re probably making yourself more of a mosquito target. Studies suggest that as alcohol metabolizes, it increases other chemicals in a person’s breath or sweat that make them a tastier-smelling target. Though it’s not clear what these other chemicals are.
Conclusion – Which is the best Electronic Mosquito Killer In India?
There are a ton of electronic mosquito killers for you to choose from. Make sure you pick one that fits all of your needs and requirements like usage location, power source, coverage, noise, portability and size.
Must-Read: Top 10 Best Juicer Mixer Grinder In India
Loved our blog on Top 10 Best Electronic Mosquito Killers? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Last Updated on