Yoga is a mix of physical, mental and spiritual practices to help bring discipline in life and form. Khojdeal brings to you, Simplified Kundalini Yoga.
Kundalini yoga is defined in the Hindu lore as energy that lies dormant at the base of the spine until activated and channeled through the chakras in the process of spiritual meditation. Associated with the divine feminine, Kundalini Yoga is said to alter mental and physical state of your being.
Simplified Kundalini Yoga
Kundalini Yoga is an ancient practice of expanding your mental space and altering consciousness to bring in peace, higher understanding of self and the power associated with it. Often considered one of the most difficult and dangerous forms of yoga, Kundalini has a lot to do with subtle energies.
Here is Simplified Kundalini Yoga.
Feel Better With the Kundalini Yoga Flow
- Preparation – Kundalini Yoga is often referred to as a very dangerous form of yoga, due to the energies you are dealing with. Without proper preparation and guidance, practicing Kundalini can have adverse effects on the mental and physical being.
- Practice – To raise your body awareness and prepare your nervous system to handle the energies of Kundalini one has to work with kriyas (exercises and postures) and meditation. Focusing on the navel and spinal activities and selective pressurization of body points, along with breathwork is said to release and direct control of the Kundalini energy from the lower points of your body to higher energy centers.
- Perception – Kundalini, or yoga in general is practiced to help bring in a wider perception. A deeper understanding of self and a different dimensional perception of the world is what Kundalini offers, along with the energies that are necessary to get there.
- The Beginning – Kundalini Yoga is the combination of breathing, postures, gestures, movement, and mantras. Derived from the Sanskrit word, Kundal, or “coiled energy”, it is the idea or fact that all our energy is gathered at the base of our spine. With Kundalini Yoga, this energy is brought up through the chakras of our body to the metaphysical representation of our “third eye”, or crown of our head.
📌Also Read: Best Yoga Mat in India
- Prana Apana: Prana refers to the life force in the air we breathe and the food we eat. Kundalini enhances its absorption. Apana on the other hand is the energy to eliminate or to give back. With both energies, Prana and Apana, Tappa, or heat are created, this heat awakens the Kundalini.
- Kriyas: Exercises in combination with visualization and projection in a specific sequence produces special effects. Kriya in simple words means ‘action’.
- Asanas: Poses used to stimulate organs and bring about certain body awareness and to calm the mind.
- Mudras: The position, usually of the hands that guide energy flow. By crossing your feet, locking and stretching fingers we can talk to the body and mind, by essentially reflexing on certain parts of the body that are connected to the mind.
- Chakras: The centers for exchange of physical and metaphysical energies within your body. Situated in the spine, they are often described as spinning discs of light.
- Mantra: A word, syllable or a phrase in one sacred language which elevates your consciousness through its own meaning. Mantra is referred to as the yoga of the mind.
- Pranayam: Breathing techniques to direct the flow of energies and bring about the correct form of consciousness.
- Meditation: Bringing stillness to reasoning, ego, rationality and body to allow your mind to focus on awareness and reality beyond intellectual concepts.
Kundalini Yoga is the ancient mixture of art and science dealing with the transformation and expansion of consciousness, and bringing forth and channeling of Kundalini energy.
Practiced by uniting cosmic energy and eliminating energy, by using certain breathing exercises, body movements, exercises, postures and sacred sounds.
- Simplified Kundalini Yoga: Tips to Revitalize Yourself
- Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss: 6 Basic Poses To Help You Lose Weight
- Core Muscle Strengthening: Exercises for a Stronger Core
- 5 facial exercises to rejuvenate the face
- 10 Minute Cardio Workout at Home for Beginners
Loved our blog on Simplified Kundalini Yoga? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.