When it comes to VPNs, one of the biggest VPN services in the world is undoubtedly NordVPN. VPNs are being widely used these days by users trying to protect themselves from the dangers of the online arena. For the Indian consumer, VPNs can be a life saver, given the amount of content that is barred from our view, and the lackluster security on most of our systems. NordVPN India is the way to go if you want to protect yourself and your data.
A good VPN is a must have especially for people who work with sensitive data. For people who want to make sure their entertainment isn’t barred due to geo-restrictions, a VPN can also come in handy.
Since there are simply so many different VPNs out there, generally consumers do get confused as to which one to spend their money on. If you are having that sort of problem, we suggest you go for NordVPN immediately. Their services are literally the most user-friendly in the market, while allowing you to use their exceptional services at a slightly higher price margin than the other services.
That said, even if you pay a little more for NordVPN, their services are totally worthwhile. If you have limited knowledge about VPNs, NordVPN could be the perfect pick for you, given its ease of use and convenience.
Let us discuss more in detail about VPNs, NordVPN, and their services in India.
Understanding VPNs – Features and Potential
Before we start talking specifically about NordVPN, let us first discuss the potential of a good VPN. There are a lot of different VPNs in the market, and they are all priced at different margins, providing very different features and uses.
While the primary use for all VPNs remains the same, some might provide you with more features, while others can be cheaper.
Let us see what a VPN really is, and what benefit it proves to you.
What is a VPN?
A VPN, or a Virtual Private Network is a simple software that allows you to achieve a private network over a public one. For the layman, a VPN can allow you to hide your location, your identity, your IP, and a lot more, in order to protect you from third parties looking to track your activities, steal your data, or break into your system with malicious intent.
While you are browsing the internet, certain trackers are set in place by websites to figure out your transactions on them. These trackers can be harmless, tracking your activities to target you with ads, and these trackers can be incredibly harmful to your online identity, planted by notorious individuals looking to harm you in one way or another.
For this purpose, a VPN comes in handy. A VPN effectively hides your activities, location, identity and more to make sure your time spent online is as safe as can be.
A VPN simply uses a bank of servers on their end to constantly move your location around so that hackers and nefarious folk do not have any chance at stealing your data.
A simple to use software, VPNs provide a lot of security as well as unblocks content that you might not be able to view due to geo-restrictions.
How does a VPN work?
A VPN is a very basic software available on most devices that have internet availability. They can be paid versions, or even free ones that provide very basic features.
A VPN works by hiding your IP address by letting the network redirect it through a remote server run by the VPN host itself. Basically, it allows you a safe passage to use the internet without sharing your IP which can be used for malicious purposes.
Once you start surfing the internet using a VPN, the VPN server becomes the source of your data which cannot be tracked back to you. Neither your ISP, or any third party can see which websites you visit, or what data you send and receive online. The data sent or received from and at your side gets encrypted and adds a level of safety and security no antivirus can achieve.
How does a VPN benefit you?
New users often get confused while using a VPN. Most people do not realize the potential of a good VPN.
Firstly, a VPN encrypts your data which stays well protected from the prying eyes and folks with malicious intent. Unencrypted data can be read and edited by anyone with the right tactics and understanding. However, using a VPN essentially adds an unassailable wall between your data and people who would go out of their way to intercept it.
Secondly, you can also use a VPN to view blocked content. If you wish to play a game, something like PUBG which is banned in India, you can easily use a VPN and play the game without worrying about the blocks placed by the government.
Here are some of the primary benefits of using a VPN,
- Secure encryption: Once your data is encrypted using a VPN, without the right encryption key, no one would be able to read your data or intercept it for malicious purposes. It would take a computer hundreds of years to break the encryption code and reach your data.
- Securing your location: If you are worried about disclosing your location, a VPN comes in handy. A VPN server acts as your proxies over the internet. It constantly shifts your location data which does not allow your actual location to be to determined. The server itself does not log your activities or where you were surfing while using them, which means all your internet activity would be permanently hidden if you use a VPN.
- Access to content: Now, there is also a lot of content that is not available in a lot of countries. You can find ways to find that specific content, TV show, movie, or the video game, but using a VPN is perhaps the most secure way to indulge in your favorite news or entertainment that might otherwise be blocked in your country. Using a feature of VPNs called location spoofing, you can easily switch to a server where the content is available by “changing” your location. Easy as that.
- Secure data transfer: If you work somewhere very private and secretive like a bank, or something similar, protecting your data is just as important as protecting your identity. This is for remote workers as well, who might require access to important files on your company’s network. A VPN might allow you to access these private servers using encryption methods to reduce the risk of any potential data leakage.
Now we know all about the potential of a good VPN, let us discuss about one of the best ones available on the market, NordVPN India.
NordVPN India – Reviewed 2022
NordVPN India is easily one of the best VPN services in India. With such stiff competition within the industry NordVPN still shines through with its incredible range of features that include convenience and top-notch security.
There are more VPN services out there that might provide more for a lesser price, but that is literally because NordVPN had a stranglehold on the VPN industry. Services like Surfshark and ExpressVPN provide great features at a lesser price than NordVPN, but the potential and trust NordVPN carries with its name is something users have always come back to.
There is one thing NordVPN does the best though – it offers all the best features of a good VPN service in a single package. They have an enormous bank of servers all across the world, which users can use to their own benefit. NordVPN offers consistent speed and performance, great security options, and compatibility across all devices that can run internet.
NordVPN comes with a bunch of top-notch features that makes it one of the biggest VPN services in the world. Their well thought-out feature sets along with a strong sense of privacy has allowed NordVPN to consistently outperform its competition.
When you connect to a VPN, all your online traffic is supposed to be routed through the VPN network. That includes the DNS queries we mentioned before. They should go through the encrypted tunnel straight to your VPN provider’s DNS servers.
But that’s not always the case. A DNS leak is a security flaw that allows your queries to travel to the default DNS servers, which belong to your internet service provider (ISP).
When you connect to NordVPN, your device only uses DNS servers operated by NordVPN. All your DNS queries travel over the encrypted tunnel and are resolved on the same VPN server you are connected to.
Here are the primary features of NordVPN India –
- Strict no-logs policy – NordVPN does not store any of your data, website traffic, location, IP address, and so on. Nothing is stored, nothing is shared.
- Next-gen encryption – VPN encryption scrambles your data so that third parties cannot read it.
- CyberSec – NordVPNs advanced threat protection makes sure you digital security is on high priority. It identifies malware-ridden files, blocks trackers and ads, and prohibits you from landing on malicious websites.
- DoubleVPN – NordVPN runs your data through two separate VPNs and encrypts your data twice for added protection.
- Automatic kill switch – The VPN kill switch prevents your data from any accidental exposure. It is the last line of defense which cuts off the internet access to your computer in case of a malicious break-in.
- DNS leak protection – NordVPN makes it mandatory for your device to use the DNS servers operated only by NordVPN, which encrypts it without it leaking anywhere else.
- Onion over VPN – Onion Over VPN is a special feature of NordVPN which gives you all the advantages of The Onion Router (Tor) combined with the added security of a VPN tunnel.
- Smartplay – This is a NordVPN feature that helps you securely access all kinds of content regardless of your location and network.
- Stream support – You don’t need to fear bandwidth throttling or slowdowns with NordVPN. By routing your stream through an encrypted virtual tunnel and hiding your IP address, NordVPN prevents your ISP from messing with your connection and allowing you a seamless streaming experience.
- High performance and speed – Easily one of the fastest VPN networks in the world, NordVPN India allows you blazing fast speeds along with an unlimited bandwidth.
- Connect up to 6 devices simultaneously – One NordVPN account will cover 6 devices at once, providing you 6 times the protection.
- Dedicated IP – NordVPN India allows you to use a dedicated IP and stay secure while your real IP stays hidden from third parties, no matter whether it’s dedicated or shared.
- VPN apps and additional features – NordVPN also offers a ton of additional features and highly convenient combability across all devices.
- Browser proxy extensions – With some really convenient browser extensions, NordVPN India really brings it home when it comes to user experience.
- 24/7 customer support – NordVPN’s customer support is literally one of the best we have ever come across. With active customer support and actually helpful solutions, NordVPN’s customer support consistently gets top marks from all its active users.
NordVPN – Pros and Cons
Like most softwares, NordVPN also comes with its set of pros and cons. While it remains a brilliant VPN service, even one of the best in the world if not the best, it still has a few flaws that have managed to slip through the cracks.
That said, NordVPN is always being updated and their services enhanced, so we can even hope these rather yielding flaws might simply disappear one day.
- No logging policy
- Effective kill switch
- Unblocks most streaming services
- Great customer care support
- Good number of servers
- High performance and speeds
- Split tunneling
- Tor connections
- Very easy to use
- User interface is easy to use but cramped
NordVPN – Price
NordVPN is priced a little higher than the other VPN services found on the market. However, with the amount of security and convenience they offer, NordVPN is actually very fairly priced. There are also really good discount offers going on their official website, so you can easily save a ton more if you visit them at the right time.
All these plans include unlimited bandwidth and uncapped speeds.
1-month plan for NordVPN costs $11.99/mo
1-year plan for NordVPN costs $4.99/mo, where you pay $59.88 for the entire year.
2-year plan for NordVPN costs $3.99/mo, where you pay $95.76 for two full years.
With the 2-year plan, you can sometimes even receive a 2-year extension, giving you full access to NordVPN for 4-full years. Finding this offer available might not be easy, but if you visit them at the right time, you could potentially be able to avail this massive discount.
Quick tip – NordVPN has a massive affiliate program where you can find a lot of YouTubers and bloggers providing extra discounts and offers. If you purchase NordVPN using their affiliate link. It is a great way to save a little more money on a brilliant service.
What VPN Protocols Does NordVPN Offer?
NordVPN primarily uses an implementation of WireGuard called NordLynx. It also comes with a backup protocol, OpenVPN to make sure there are no cracks in their services. WireGuard is available over Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows, whereas IKEv2 is available for iOS and macOS exclusively.
OpenVPN and IKEv2 have been the most widely used VPN standards, while WireGuard is only just become popular and has not shown any signs of slowing down due to its actively convenient approach. WireGuard is actually much faster than OpenVPN and it also uses more latest encryption techniques.
NordVPN’s Servers and Server Locations
NordVPN has a incredible bank of servers spread across 59 countries. This allows its users a good enough geographic diversity when it comes to their servers. The bulk of their servers exist in the US and UK, with a few in Asia, South America, and Europe. They also have servers in India and the Middle East, hence their services are actually really popular and effective in India. NordVPN India is easily one of the better VPNs to use in this country.
Now, NordVPN does not have the most servers amongst its peers. However, since they are spread out well enough, you can get effective service all across the globe without any issues whatsoever.
They also have a server in the continent of Africa, where other VPNs lack any real server base. NordVPN also offers servers in Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Turkey, all of which have restrictive internet policies.
When it comes to their server potential, NordVPN even switched several of its servers to 10Gpbs from the traditional 1Gbps machines.
Also, NordVPN has improved their physical infrastructure by employing diskless servers. This is a tamper-resistant measure, where since nothing is being written to any disk, nobody can obtain anything if in case the server is seized. Adding another protection layer over your invaluable data.
- Speed – 9/10
- Security – 10/10
- Features – 9/10
- Value for Money – 9/10
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about NordVPN
Should I get a VPN in India?
No matter where you are, a VPN is highly beneficial at making sure your identity remains safe, and your data remains untampered with. For Indian consumers, getting a VPN is a very good idea since we have a lot of blocked content worthy of checking out. If you want added security while browsing the internet, then too a VPN would prove incredibly useful.
Which is the best VPN for India?
If you are looking for a good stable VPN for India, we suggest getting NordVPN. NordVPN has servers in India which makes it ideal for the Indian consumer. Besides that, there are a lot of great features it comes with and a highly potent security system in place.
Is NordVPN good?
Yes, totally. NordVPN is one of the best, most highly rated VPN services in the world. If you want a good VPN service that provides a good set of features and ample security, NordVPN is the way to go. NordVPN India is also a very reliable service since they have a few servers in the country as well.
Can I use NordVPN for playing PUBG?
You can use any VPN to play PUBG in India. If you want a stable network to maximize performance, NordVPN is one of the best you can get for yourself.
How good is NordVPN for online gaming?
NordVPN boasts the highest speeds and performance out of all the VPN services in the world. If you want to play games online, NordVPN proves incredibly helpful.
Does NordVPN slow down your internet connection?
Any and all VPNs slow down your internet speeds since by nature they have to reroute the incoming data, which takes time. NordVPN is faster than most others and thus proves a much better service if you are looking to protect yourself or reach blocked content.
VPNs are crucial to people who need to secure their presence online. If you wish to reach blocked content, keep your identity safe from prying eyes, and keep your data secure, a VPN proves incredibly helpful. Now, as consumers, choosing the best service can prove really daunting. Same is the case with VPNs, where getting a subpar service leaves you susceptible to damage and the dangers of the online scene. For that purpose, we bring to you a comprehensive guide on NordVPN India, one of the best VPN services in the world.
As an Indian consumer, NordVPN proves useful to you since they have a good number of servers in the country where you can directly connect to and enjoy blazing fast speeds despite being connected to a VPN.