d2h is an Indian direct broadcast satellite service provider owned by Dish TV. The service, earlier known as Videocon d2h, merged with Dish TV to form the biggest d2h provider in India. The merger happened recently on 11th November 2016 which resulted in the formation of India’s foremost cable TV providers. There is a huge number of channels d2h provides its incredibly large 29 million subscriber base. If you are wondering how to add channel in Videocon d2h, we are here to help.
Even though OTT platforms and online streaming has taken deep roots in a consumer’s viewing experience, Direct-to-Home, or dth services, have still stayed relevant and provide a huge consumer base with their entertainment.
How to Add Channel in Videocon d2h
Videocon d2h, or simply d2h, offers a lot of value-added services to its consumers. With tons of regional channels and services, hundreds of both SD and HD channels, d2h is a massive name in the Indian cable TV market. When it comes to the viewing experience of its users, d2h ensures users get exactly what they ask for.
Since users have different requirements for channels, a customization features goes a long way for any d2h service. Where some want more sports channels and lesser news, others might feel different and get only movie channels as their desired service.
If you want a properly customized experience, we are here with a step-by-step detailed guide on how to add a channel in Videocon d2h.
Here are the ways you can add or remove channels in d2h.
How to add a channel in Videocon d2h by call
Adding channels to your d2h via call is quite the easy feat. You only need to call on their number from your registered mobile number and follow these steps.
- From your registered mobile number give a missed call to 1800 3150 222.
- The customer care team will return your call shortly
- Once they do, simply let them know the channel, or channels, you want added to your service.
- If you do not have your registered number with you, you can still add channels to your d2h. Simply call 9115691165 and get your desired channels added.
How to add a channel in Videocon d2h by SMS
If you are an avid texter, adding channels to your Videocon d2h proves even easier. All you need is your phone and the d2h customer care number. Here is how to add channels to your Videocon d2h.
- Go to the messaging app on your phone.
- Type “ADD” plus the channel code.
- If you want to know the channel code, here is a list of all the Videocon d2h channels
- Send the text message to 566777, or to 9212012299.
Videocon D2H Online Channel Activation
Videocon also allows its users to choose and add channels from their official website and their mobile application. If you find it feasible, this method is actually the easiest and most accurate. To add channels to your Videocon d2h using Infinity,
- Visit Videocon d2h official website, or download their official Infinity Mobile Application.
- Login using your subscriber ID, or by using your registered mobile number.
- Choose the channels you want to add from the a-la-carte section.
- You can even click on “Add-Ons”, to get a range of regional channels to add to your d2h.
- Select the channels, or the plan you wish to subscribe to.
- Make the final payment using any payment mode.
- The channels you desired will be added to your d2h.
You can use any of these methods to add channels in Videocon d2h. Whichever you feel is the most feasible to you, try that. From what we have tested, the easiest method is to use their official website or application to get the exact channels that you require.
If you wish to know how to remove channels in Videocon d2h, here are the few ways you can do that.
How to Remove Channel in Videocon d2h
You see how easy it is to add channels to your Videocon d2h. Similarly, you can remove channels from your d2h just as easily. The few ways you can do that are shared here. Take a look at which one you would find the most feasible.
How to remove channel in Videocon d2h by call
Using a similar method to add channels, removing them proves just as easy using the call feature on your cell phone. Here is how to do that.
- From your registered number, send out a missed call to 1800 1370 111.
- The customer support team will contact you shortly.
- If you do not have your registered mobile number with you, you can use any other phone and call the number 9115691156 to get any channel removed from your subscription list.
How to remove channel in Videocon d2h by SMS
Simple as adding channels to your Videocon d2h, using the SMS app, you can easily remove any unwanted channels from your subscription list. Here is how to do that.
- Open the SMS, or messaging app on your phone.
- Type “DROP” plus the channel code.
- Here is the list of the channel codes from d2h.
- Send the text to the number 566777, or to 9212012299.
- The channel you mentioned will be removed from the list of your subscribed channels.
How to remove channel in Videocon d2h using Infinity Mobile Application
One of the most easiest method to add or remove channels from your Videocon d2h is to use their official website or their official application. Here are the steps to remove channels from your Videocon d2h subscription.
- Visit the official website of d2h, or install their Infinity mobile application on your phone.
- Login using your registered mobile number or using your subscriber ID.
- Find the menu that says consumer corner.
- Click on “Create Your Own Pack”.
- Here, you will see your existing package.
- Click on the “Delete” button next to the channel you wish to remove.
- The channel, or channels you choose will be deactivated from your pack.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is add-on in Videocon d2H?
There are certain channels that can be added-on with your existing subscribed channels. These add-ons are generally regional channels that you can add a-la-carte. Their prices depend on language, genre, region, amongst others.
How can we block a channel in d2h?
To block a channel on Videocon’s d2h service, simply click on menu on your TV, select Setup, installation, enter the pin 1234 when asked to, go to user settings, channel locking, and here you can easily lock, unlock, hide, or unhide channels. Once done, click OK, then exit.
What are the methods to add or remove channels from your Videocon d2h?
There are three methods you can employ to add or remove channels from your Videocon d2h. You can send a missed call using your registered mobile number, or send a SMS using the same, or simply visit their official website, or download their official application to manage your subscriptions. Easy as that.
Videocon d2h service is one of the biggest and most widely used in India. They provide a highly customizable experience to their users and give them the opportunity to add or remove channels based on their requirements and preferences. If you wish to know how to add channel in Videocon d2h, we have mentioned a few methods you can employ to do so. Each method is actually quite simple and does not require a lot of effort either. The best way to add or remove subscribed items is to visit their official website or use their official mobile application.