Removing blackheads permanently and preventing reappearance is not an easy feat. It takes a little patience and a few small tricks and Home Remedies For Removing Blackheads.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are the unsightly dots that are mainly formed on the face, favoring the nose, chin, cheeks and the area around the lips. They are made up of dead cells and sebum. They appear dark after oxidation that occurs when they come into contact with air.
They are not always related to acne (unlike what you might think), but they are always caused by excessive fat production in the skin. For this reason, they are more frequent in the summer months.
It is an aesthetic problem that affects men and women and not only during adolescence, but at any age, when the skin produces too much sebum and is not cleaned properly. Eliminating blackheads requires perseverance, but it’s not impossible.
It is important, first of all, to cleanse your face carefully in the morning and in the evening. This operation allows you to eliminate traces of sweat, make-up and atmospheric pollution which facilitate the formation of blackheads. After cleaning do not forget about hydration.
Once the blackheads have been eliminated, you must continue to take care of your skin so that it does not appear again. Try to keep your pores clean and closed. To do this, always finish cleaning your face with cold water.
Every now and then treat yourself to a homemade treatment, based on oats, yogurt or sugar, all excellent exfoliators.
Home Remedies For Removing Blackheads – How to remove blackheads?
There are numerous methods for removing blackheads from the face and improving the skin. Here are the most effective Home Remedies For Removing Blackheads.
Remove blackheads mechanically
- Use the black dot patches. There are several brands, each with specific application methods. Before using them, open the pores by exposing your face to the steam of a pot with boiling water, covering your head with a towel. Alternatively, apply the patch after showering.
- The best way to actually remove blackheads is to arm yourself with patience (and delicacy) and squeeze them one by one. Wash your hands well, rinse your face with warm water or open the pores with steam and press gently. They should come out easily, unless they are very deep.
- One technique that can help is to use tweezers to remove them once they have emerged from the skin. This way you will avoid leaving marks on your face with your nails.
- Here is an interesting method – Beat an egg white and apply it on the face, insisting on the areas where blackheads are most formed. Put two veils of toilet paper or a napkin and wait an hour, so that they dry well, that is until the paper has hardened.
- Gently remove it, rinse your face with warm water and dab gently.
- Use a mild exfoliator (home-made or purchased) to remove dead cells. After cleaning the skin, place a gauze moistened with warm water on your face. Keep it for about 10 minutes. It will help make blackheads softer. Spend the exfoliator with a gentle circular massage. Rinse and moisturize the skin.
- The following method requires a clean toothbrush and toothpaste. Apply the toothpaste on the toothbrush and wet it, as if you were going to brush your teeth. Rinse your face with warm water. Gently brush the area where the blackheads are present for a few moments.
- Wash your face well and apply a moisturizer. At the end, sterilize the brush in boiling water and always use it for this unique purpose. Repeat this every day before going to sleep.
The sweetness of the oil to remove blackheads
- Prepare a lotion with lime juice, almond oil and glycerin, in equal parts. Apply it to your face every evening and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. When finished, wash your face with warm water. This will eliminate blackheads and also reduce any skin blemishes.
- Rinse your face with warm water to allow the pores to open. Wet the corner of a cloth with a little olive oil or almond oil. Add some toothpaste.
- Apply gently, but firmly, on the nose or on areas where there are blackheads. Do circular massages. If you deem it necessary, you can prepare the mixture of oil and toothpaste again. Wait 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Bicarbonate mask for blackheads on the nose
- One way to remove blackheads is a simple recipe that involves the use of a rather thick paste obtained by mixing a few drops of water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Apply it to the affected area of the face, massaging in small circular movements.
- Use a little lemon juice to get rid of the residues of this DIY scrub. At the time of rinsing, the combination of ingredients could lead to the production of foam and result in a slight burning sensation, but the result is definitely guaranteed.
Natural recipes to eliminate blackheads
And now a couple of easy and effective recipes to purify the skin, limit the appearance of blackheads and eliminate those already present.
Green clay mask
One of the natural remedies against blackheads is the green clay mask, which ‘dries’ the skin and is a natural antibacterial.
To make this mask you will need the following ingredients:
- 30 gm of coarse sea salt
- 10 tablespoons of green clay
- 2L of water
To prepare, pour the ingredients into a bowl and mix them well. Apply it on the affected area and leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water. This mask can be used twice a week.
Anti-blackhead cinnamon mask
In this mask, the exfoliating power of buckwheat flour and rich anti-oxidant properties of plums are combined with the antiseptic, bactericidal and disinfectant action of cinnamon. Yogurt adds nourishment, hydration & moisturizing; lemon lightens and honey acts as an emollient.
To make this mask you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
- 100 gm of soft dried plums
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of natural white yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
To prepare, take a large bowl to combine the buckwheat flour and cinnamon with pitted and chopped prunes. Stir and gradually add the yogurt and honey, continuing to mix the concoction until it becomes thick and creamy.
How to remove blackheads using an aspirator?
Blackhead vacuums are electrical devices that help eliminate skin impurities. They can be used by both men & women and are also effective against acne and other imperfections that make the skin dull and do not allow it to breathe.
In order to use it, just follow a few simple steps.
- First, you need to rinse your face with warm water. The heat dilates the pores and makes blackheads more accessible and easier to remove.
- Then, you need to make sure you dry yourself well.
Once the preparation is finished, it’s time to start using the aspirator.
Each aspirator is equipped with different types of heads, all with different dimensions. To choose the right head, you need to evaluate the size and depth of the blackheads, as indicated on the package. It is advisable not to work on the same area for more than a few minutes at a time, to avoid excessive redness.
When all the impurities have been removed, it is necessary to massage the face with a moisturizer, to refresh the “stressed” part of the treatment.
If you have a tendency to develop blackheads, take note. Some actions are necessary to avoid the formation of blackheads. Here’s what you need to do to remove blackheads naturally – follow a healthy diet (with lots of fruit and vegetables, omega-3 rich foods and oil seeds); hydrate properly with a non-greasy and sebum-balancing cream such as aloe vera gel; always clean your skin before going to sleep with a tea tree oil or clay soap and dilate the pores to clean deeply once a week.
- Best Food For Skin Glow – Eat Your Way To A Healthy & Radiant Looking skin
- DIY Face Mask At Home – Get A Glowing Skin In A Few Steps
- How To Do Facial At Home In 6 Simple and Easy Steps
Loved our blog on Home Remedies For Removing Blackheads? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.