Now, when we talk about home electronics and home appliances, Crompton always tends to show up in the conversation. Crompton is easily one of the best water heater brands in India that work towards improving your home. Their appliances, be it geysers or ceiling fans, have been in most Indian households since the time of their inception, and are still around due to their high durability and life expectancy. You might know Crompton from your light bulbs as well. The brand has a ton of different products and all of them remain top-notch. Here is the Crompton geyser review which will explain to you all the insides and out of the brand and how their water heaters truly function.
A quick TL/DR, Crompton geysers are some of the best looking and best functioning in the market. Totally viable to purchase.
Crompton Geyser Review – How are Crompton Water Heaters?
So, Crompton the brand is actually known as Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. They are sometimes even referred to as CG, or Crompton Greaves. The Indian company was originally founded in 1937 as a subsidiary of Crompton Parkinson, a British electronics company. It was acquired in India by Karm Chand Thapar in 1947 and has since worked in India to provide its consumers with top-notch home appliances.
In February 2022, the company was listed in the S&P Global BSE Consumer Durables Index, making it one of the top 10 listed Indian consumer durables companies.
|Capacity||– 3L to 25L available|
|Ease of use||– Easy to use; Basic functionality|
|Types available||– Storage Geysers|
– Instant Geysers
|Durability||– Good durability|
|Features||– Advanced 3-Level Safety|
– Smart Energy Management
– Suitable for High-Rise
– ISI Certified Incoloy Heating Element
– Rust-Free ABS Body
– Temperature Adjustment Knob
|Price||– Rs. 3000 to Rs. 15000|
|After purchase support||– Good customer support|
|Known for||– Affordable geysers|
– Indian brand
– Great for high rise buildings
– Good safety features
Let us take a deeper dive into this Crompton geyser review.
While not all models from Crompton come with temperature control, most instant geyser models along with the new Crompton Qube come with a thermostat that allows you to control the temperature of the water inside. We won’t put Crompton into the “affordable home appliances” category since they are not very cheap when compared to other brands. However, even the more pricey geysers fail to provide a thermostat. This can be a let down for some consumers, but the overall functioning of the appliance remains great as usual.
A thermostat in the mid-range water heaters could have been a good idea though.
Ease of Installation
Crompton water heaters are incredibly easy and straightforward to use and maintain. They can be tricky to install however since there are a lot of parts they come with. Also, Crompton has some of the top 10 best instant geysers which prove exceptionally easy to install. However, the storage kind can be quite problematic to install. From what we tested and heard from past consumers, Crompton water heaters are also a little on the heavier side which can prove a hindrance if you are planning to install the water heater by yourself.
When it comes to durability, Crompton does not disappoint. In its defense, the brand has been active for a 100+ years and you can be sure they know how to build quality products. Crompton geysers will easily last you more than 8-10 years if you give them proper maintenance just once in a while. Doing that will make sure that your geyser not only lasts longer, but functions better with optimal utility usage.
Once a year, call in Crompton customer support and ask them to send in an engineer to clean and help maintain your geyser. Just doing this adds 3-4 more years to your geyser’s life cycle.
Also read: Best Geysers Guides, Reviews & Comparisons
Features and Key Technologies
When features are concerned, Crompton does it right. There are a few dozen innovations done by the brand over its years of existence and you can be sure their water heaters prove way better than most others on the market. Yes, while the overall function remains the same, a few technologies Crompton uses really helps it function better and using lesser utilities like electricity and water.
- Advanced 3-Level Safety: One of the best parts about Crompton water heaters is their advanced 3-level safety features. Certain parameters keep the geyser in check for any issues and makes sure it functions within an optimal range all the time. In case of any slight malfunction, the geyser automatically turns off.
- Nano Polybond Technology: The storage tank on Crompton geysers are made from a nano polybond technology. This ensures excellent corrosion resistance, especially from hard water.
- Smart Energy Management: Crompton geysers also tend to consume lesser electricity and perform much more efficiently overall. This smart design with standby cut off really helps you save a lot on operational bills.
- Suitable for High-Rise: With a pressure of 8Bars, Crompton water heaters are specifically designed for high-rise buildings. You can obviously use them elsewhere as well, but most geysers tend to fail in high-rise situations. Well, Crompton will not.
- ISI Certified Incoloy Heating Element: Incoloy is a special type of alloy that provides increased resistance to corrosion and other damages. The heating element in Crompton water heaters comes certified by ISI and is made to deal with hard water without breaking down.
- Rust-Free ABS Body: The ABS body on the geyser makes sure the appliance cannot catch on fire in case things go wrong. ABS is also recyclable and being a good insulator, it even cuts down the chances of you getting electrical shocks.
- Temperature Adjustment Knob: While not available in every Crompton water heater, a thermostat comes equipped with quite a few different types of Crompton water heaters. Almost all of the instant water heaters come with a temperature adjustment knob.
Crompton Geysers – Options Available
As usual, Crompton offers different geysers including the basic storage kind, instant water heaters, and gas geysers. If you are looking for a gas geyser, Crompton has one of the best gas geysers in the market. Along with that, Crompton instant water heaters come with great features and design quality. They are slightly more expensive than other brands in the market, but they are well worth it.
If you are looking for the best immersion rods in India instead, Crompton has those too.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Crompton Water Heaters
- High quality components
- Great features
- High safety
- Great build quality
- Durable and long lasting
- Great for use in high-rise buildings
- Great utility management
- Slower customer care
- More expensive than other geysers
Verdict – Should you buy Crompton Geyser?
YES! You should totally get yourself a Crompton geyser if you are in the market. If you have a good budget laid aside for a new water heater, opting for a Crompton could really be the trick here. Yes, they can be more pricey than others on the market, but Crompton geysers provide you with ample features and great durability and life expectancy.
Crompton geysers come with a variety of features that help you reduce your bills on electricity and water. This alone makes them desirable. Add their brilliant form factor, only adds to their charm.
If you are in the market for a good water heater, Crompton could be one of your best.
Crompton is one of the biggest and most trusted brands in the market. When it comes to consumer home appliances, Crompton has a ton of options to choose from between a variety of different products. Talking about water heaters, Crompton has some of the better ones in the market. They are not only durable and functional, but they also provide a lot of savings potential. With innovative technologies used in making them, Crompton water heaters save you a ton of money in lowered electricity and water bills.
So, if you are in the market for a geyser, we hope this Crompton geyser review made sense to you and helped you out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Crompton good for geyser?
Yes, Crompton is one of the best water heater brands in India. They are slightly more expensive than geysers from other brands, but they do prove really exceptional when used.
Which brand is best for geysers?
When it comes to water heaters for your home, you can choose between Bajaj, Crompton, Hindware, and Havells. These 4 are the biggest names in the market and produce some of the best water heaters out there.
Which type of geyser is best for bathroom?
For bathrooms, we suggest you get yourself a storage water heater. You can even work with an instant water heater, but only if there are only a few people who would be using them. If you have a larger family, a storage geyser with 15-20L capacity would be enough.