As the summer heat is increasing day after another, there might be several people who are going to search for the finest cooling appliance, which is going to provide the required relaxation. There is a really wide range of appliances on the market that are capable of doing that for you. But, if you are searching for a budget appliance to beat that summer heat, then these best air coolers are surely the best choice which you may opt for. The air coolers are the best products to cool down your room while there isn’t any humidity in the air and the dry heat is prevailing all over the surroundings.
Comprising of features such as the dominant air delivery, cool trap technology, ice boxes, 4-way deflection function, rust-resistant body, and a lot more, the air coolers which we have reviewed down here will surely provide you with the comfort and cooling that you predominantly want. If there are a few users who are unable to find the best air cooler for their home, we have also provided a buyer’s guide for air coolers, which will help ease out the overall buying procedure for you!
Best Air Cooler Reviews
Orient made its way into the market with the ceiling fans and since then has not seen back. The air coolers from Orient are also fabulous in each and every aspect and offer many sound features. Feel comfortable through its influential air throw and the superb cooling capabilities. Having a tank volume of 50 liters, an amazing air throw of 11-metre and its automatic fill proficiency, the snowbreeze super cooler makes sure that the winter season is back.
Symphony gets you a portable cooler that turns your life relaxed. You may also effortlessly transport this convenient cooler to every corner and sense the breeze when it chills your home. This handy air cooler comes in with a 4 side highly efficient honeycomb pad, multi-directional wheel to offer easy mobility, and the much-needed empty water tank alarm. The air cooler is also energy-efficient and offers a large water tank capacity for longer cooling.
The Bajaj Desert DC air cooler comprises of a 3-way speed regulator, Castor helms for simple movement Chill Trap Technology Four modes air ricochet Honeycomb chilling media, effortlessly detachable pads Icebox for improved cooling. The cooler’s body has been made up of corrosion-free, planned thermoplastic stuff for hard-wearing performance. The air cooler offers quiet operation and it even works on an inverter.
The desert coolers from Cello are commanding but never power starved. They are operational in the most sweltering summer heats but ingest really low energy. The wavering louvers and turbo chilling offer cooling in every corner. This solid air cooler merges a fashionable design having a big tank. It further has the enhanced and solid honeycomb chilling pads which turns cooling even further efficient. Since the air gushes through the honeycomb cooling pads, the air touches more water as compared to usual cooling pads and cools quicker.
This Havells Air cooler has been formulated with classy material and it has been particularly meant for rooms only. This is India ’s first advanced air cooler variety that has exclusive features such as – totally folding louvers, 3-side cleanable dirt filter nets, water chamber cover, and automatic drain as well. The humidity regulating system, display for temperature, cord twisting station, 3 edges honeycomb chilling pads along with very low noise are features that avoid dust & pests from arriving at the air cooler.
Voltas is a brand that has made its name in the market with its products like air conditioners, refrigerators, coolers, and lots more. The air coolers provided by the company are also as efficient as its air conditioning units. The Voltas VB P15MH air cooler is the unit that offers effective air throw, castor wheels for simple mobility, a really powerful blower, and the honeycomb pads to offer optimum cooling effect.
The home and kitchen appliances from Bajaj are known to be the best units in the market as company assures its customer on quality as well as nice customer service. This air cooler from Bajaj is also a nice unit with amazing features. The icon digital room cooler has a unique iconic design and styling, bigger capacity to offer longer cooling, anti-rust material structure, wood wool evaporative pads, and comes in with a remote as well.
Kenstar is a prevalent brand in the sector of home and kitchen appliances. The brand provides effective cooling systems as well. Thus, you may buy the Kenstar Double Cool DX air cooler to make you feel relaxed and cool during the course of the summer season. This air cooler is corrosion free, the plastic body has been thermally re-engineered and it comprises of 50 liters of water tank volume. This air cooler is appropriate for arid and parched climates and is also perfect for any house or any room.
Crompton Greaves is a brand that deals basically in fans and air coolers along with many other fabulous products. The Crompton Ozone air cooler is a desert cooler for all those who want comfort at their home. This air cooler offers amazing air throw as well as air delivery providing a bigger cooling area. Along with these standard features, it offers you portability, honeycomb pads for better cooling, a very large capacity of 75 liters, and further, it saves a lot of power which makes it energy-efficient.
Top 10 Best Air Coolers To Buy Online
Summers in India are rough. Temperatures can go as high as 45 degrees Celsius in some regions. The need of the hour in such regions is an air conditioner, but sometimes, the budget just doesn’t allow any room for such an investment.
So, if you’re on a budget, don’t fret and sweat! Buy the next best thing that’s so much more economical than an air-conditioner – an air cooler. This form of evaporative cooling is cheaper and more energy-efficient than traditional cooling methods.
Air coolers have a box-like body that’s enclosed with cooling pads on three sides and consists of a fan and a pump. They work by taking in hot and dry air from the surroundings and moistening it with water vapours. This lowers the air temperature significantly and cool air is released into the room.
Types of Air Coolers
Desert Cooler and Room Cooler are the two kinds of coolers that are available. While they both have the same functionality, there are a few features that distinguish them.
- A desert cooler takes in the air from outside and is typically installed outside a window. The fan in this cooler functions like an exhaust. They help combat some serious heat and are ideal for cooling medium to large sized rooms. However, they need more space, water and power.
- A room cooler is typically kept on a trolley inside the room and can be easily moved around. The fan in this cooler functions like a blower and forces air out. They are ideal for cooling small to medium sized rooms. They use less water, space and power than desert coolers and are also more economical.
Below, we have curated the best air-coolers under Rs. 15,000. Take your pick from among them and beat the summer heat on a budget!
Buying Guide for Air Coolers
Here are a few points to consider before purchasing an air cooler:
- First and foremost, it is important to understand your own requirement. Do you need an air cooler for a large room or a small one? Do you want one that’s fitted in windows or kept inside the room? Before you purchase an air cooler, make sure you have answers to these questions.
- Take the climatic conditions of your region into account. Air coolers work effectively in hot and dry areas with a humidity of around 60%. However, in coastal regions with muggy conditions, they are virtually ineffective.
- Air coolers now-a-days come with a lot of features. These features generally influence the buying decision. Therefore, it is recommended to know about them and make an informed decision:
- Cooling pads: Cooling pads are of two types – Honeycomb and Aspen. Honeycomb cooling pads are durable, efficient and low maintenance, but they are also very expensive. Aspen cooling pads on the other hand are economical but not durable and efficient and also require more maintenance.
- Water level indicator: The water level indicator shows the water level in the tank. It saves the effort of opening the cooler and manually checking the water level.
- Adjustable speed knob: This helps in increasing or decreasing the fan speed. This way you can control the noise level of the cooler and also the temperature.
- Timer: Some air coolers have the timer feature, which allows you to turn it ON or OFF at a specified time. This is particularly helpful at night. You don’t need to get up to switch off the cooler.
- Remote control: Just like air-conditioners, air coolers also come with a remote control. Use can use it to change the mode, adjust air speed, set the timer, etc.
- Ice cube tray: This feature improves cooling efficiency. Adding ice makes the cooling pads colder, resulting in cooler air being released into the room.
- Empty tank alarm: This feature is currently offered by high-end coolers only. When the water in the tank falls below the required level, an alarm rings indicating low water level.
- Wheels: The presence of castor or multi-functional wheels makes it easy to move the cooler from room to room.
- Last but not the least, brand matters. The market it flooded with local and duplicate brands that claim to offer effective and efficient cooling. But that’s not always so. The performance of an air cooler is determined by the technology used to design and materials used to manufacture it. Never compromise with quality. Go for established brands with renowned quality.
There are a few things that you must perform so as to upturn the lifespan of the air cooler. The tips using which you may do so are as follows:
Last Updated on