Last Updated on
Nowadays, People are looking for a healthy alternative to modern-day non-stick vessels. Everyone started going back to age-old and traditional utensils. These include Iron, Stone, Soapstone, Clay, Bronze etc.
Cast iron cookware is made from molten iron. Cast iron gives a healthy dose of iron to your food. Khojdeal has made a list of top 10 best cast iron cookware that you should have in your kitchen. We have also made a list of top cast iron cookware brands that we have shared latter.
List of Top 10 Best Cast Iron Utensils 2020
No matter what your budget, below you’ll find the best cast iron utensils to fit your price range. For more background information on cast iron cookware, see our FAQs and buying advice below.
Top 10 Best Cast Iron Cookware 2020 – Reviewed
- Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – 12-inch
- Zishta Traditional Cast Iron Kadai Combo: 3 Kadais of 3 Sizes
- Crisol Cast Iron Pre-seasoned Dutch Oven 4.3 Lt.
- Wonderchef Ferro Cast Iron Casserole with Lid, 5 Liters/26 cm
- Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Skillet – 10.25-inch
- Alpha Global Cast Iron Non-Stick Dutch Oven Cookware Black 6 inch
- Healthy Choices – Cast Iron Cookware, 3.5 Litre Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven
- Ferus Premium Cast Iron Kadhai
- Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 Inch
- Siva Naturals Cast Iron Tawa, 12-inch
1. Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – 12-inch
- Comes with a 12 inches skillet.
- Cast iron material provides better heat retention for more even cooking.
- Factory Pre-seasoning is more durable than home seasoning.
- Saute, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart's content.
- Product Dimensions: 48.3 x 33 x 15.2 cm ; 998 g.
2. Zishta Traditional Cast Iron Kadai Combo: 3 Kadais of 3 Sizes
- Zishta Kadai: Set of 3 Kadais: 6 inches, 8.5 Inch and 10 Inch Kadai, Tested and Certified for adhering to EU standards for Hazardous substances in cookware.
- Hand-made Cast Iron Kadai, pre-treated with heat. To be seasoned once before first use.
- Traditional cookware made by the last generation of artisans from Thenkasi district of Tamil Nadu.
- Holistic traditional cooking for your curries: Has rough surface just like traditional cookware - smoothens with usage.
- Directions to use: Wash well before use. Keep it dry after usage. Pre-treated with heat and oil. Seasoning to be done before first use: Cut onion to fine pieces and fry it in the Kadai with 3-4 spoons of oil for 20-25 minutes and discard the fried onion. After this - the Kadai is ready to use!
3. Crisol Cast Iron Pre-seasoned Dutch Oven 4.3 Lt.
- Perfect for outdoor camping.
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use.
- Dimensions: (12.5L 10W 5H) Weight: 5.2 Kg.
- Self-basting domed lid preserves moisture; steady handles aid in carrying.
- Care Instructions: Rinse the oven with hot water immediately. Use mild or no soap at all.
4. Wonderchef Ferro Cast Iron Casserole with Lid, 5 Liters/26 cm
- Designed for old-style slow-cooking.
- Make tender, succulent dishes with these heavy pans.
- Color: Red, Material: Cast Iron.
- Package Contents: 1-Piece Casserole with Lid (5Liters/26cm).
- Warranty: 5 years manufacturer warranty.
5. Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Skillet – 10.25-inch
- Versatile 10.25-inch cast-iron deep skillet for moderate-sized cooking tasks.
- Preseasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use.
- Cast-iron construction heats slowly and evenly.
- Includes looped cast-iron side handle and opposite helper handle; hand washes only.
- Measures 3 inches deep.
6. Alpha Global Cast Iron Non-Stick Dutch Oven Cookware Black 6 inch
- Colour: Black; Material: Cast-Iron; It is pre-seasoned in vegetable oil, ready to use & easy to clean.
- Product Dimensions: Diameter-6 inch, Weight-2.18 kg, Depth-2.3 inch , Thickness-3 mm. , Capacity: 1L.
- Superior heat retention and even cooking.
- Versatile uses: Can be used in Stovetop or Induction.
- As it is natural cast iron product, sometimes it is bound to have some minute sand holes on the surface area. The cast-iron products are meant to be oven safe though please refer the manufacturer manual before using.
7. Healthy Choices – Cast Iron Cookware, 3.5 Litre Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven
- 3.5 Litre pre-seasoned cast iron Dutch Oven for cooking, boiling, baking, braising, roasting, and more. Can be used for cooking anything from roasts to cakes, biscuits, and slices of bread. The product gets better and more flavorful with use over time, for lasting durability with proper care. To keep delicate foods from sticking, wipe the product with a light coating of oil before cooking.
- Designed for the unique ability to maintain even temperature cooking for all kinds of dishes. This product can be used on all types of heat sources – gas stove, electric, induction, oven, ceramic, or over an open fire. Skip the butter or oils and use medium-high heat for smokeless cooking results.
- Metal bail handle on the kettle, keeps food warmer than ordinary pots and pans, heavy cast iron lid keeps food moist while cooking.
- Convenient loop handle on the lid. Two loop side handles for a steady, secure hold when lifting or carrying, even when wearing thick oven mitts.
- Easy to clean and lasts forever with proper care - simply hand wash with gentle soap and warm water and dry thoroughly. Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil. L: 29cm, W: 27.5cm, H: 13.5cm, Thickness: 0.3cm, Weight: 5.2kg (weight of pot: 3.2kg + weight of lid: 2kg).
- Product Dimensions: 29 x 27.5 x 13.5 cm.
8. Ferus Premium Cast Iron Kadhai
- Color: Red and Grey; Material: Cast iron.
- Size (L x W): 26 cm x 26 cm.
- Package Content: 1 Kadhai.
- Finish: Metallic; Cookware Feature: Gas Stovetop Compatible.
- Care Instruction: Wash with Water After Use, Dry & apply Oil before storing.
9. Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 Inch
- Ideal for cutting down on oil and butter use.
- Use on gas, electric or induction stovetops.
- Increases iron content of the food.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Colour: Black, Material: Cast Iron, Shape: Round.
10. Siva Naturals Cast Iron Tawa, 12-inch
- Traditional cookware is hand-made by rural artisans of Tamil Nadu.
- Pre-treated with heat and oil. Has no chemical/Teflon coating. Seasoning to be done before first use: Cut onion to fine pieces and fry it in the Tawa with 3-4 spoons of oil for 20-25 minutes and discard the fried onion.
- Rustic finish to enhance rural artistic value.
- Ideal for making dosas, Utapams.
- Healthy and holistic cooking: One-time purchase lasts for generations.
What are the Benefits of Using Cast Iron Utensils?
- Cooking food in cast iron utensils increases the iron level in your food. This is especially helpful for your health.
- Unlike the non-stick cookware, cast iron utensils are free from any harmful chemicals.
- Cheaper compared to non-stick. Remember, you will need to replace your non-stick cookware every few years.
- Unlike non-stick cookware, you can use metal spatula without worry about scratching the surface.
Foods That You Should Not Cook In Cast Iron Cookware
You must be wondering about what not to cook in cast iron cookware. Don’t worry, below we’ve made an infographic to show what you can avoid cooking in cast iron pan or skillet.
Top 10 Best Cast Iron Cookware Brands in India
Khojdeal has listed down top 10 best selling cookware brands dealing in cast iron. This list will help you choose the best cast iron skillet for your home.
- Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware
- Indus Valley
- Siva Naturals
- Dynamic Cookwares
- Healthy Choices
We hope you found our article helpful. If you still have questions, do ask them in the comments section below With #Khojdeal. and we will try to answer them at the earliest.
Finally, don’t forget to share the article with your friends and family.