If your stomach is often upset and gastric issues are ruining the quality of your life then it is a clear sign of microbial disturbance in your intestines. Bifilac tablet might be the perfect solution for that. It is a drug that helps in balancing the microbial composition required for digestion.
The good bacteria from this drug cancel out the bad bacteria and restore the healthy functioning of your stomach. It is an effective treatment for AAD or antibiotic-associated diarrhea and further prevents other intestinal infections. No prescription is required for this drug and it is available in many convenient packages- capsules, sachets, syrups, and lozenges.
But before you jump into buying the Bifilac tablets for yourself, it is important that you do proper research and know about the right dosage, usage, and probable side effects. Check further along to know more about this intestine-friendly drug.
- 1 What is Bifilac tablet?
- 2 Bifilac Tablets: Benefits
- 3 How Does Bifilac Tablet Work?
- 4 Bifilac Tablet Dosage
- 5 Bifilac Tablet Side Effects
- 6 Overdosage
- 7 Allergic Reaction
- 8 Precautions
- 9 Drug Interactions of Bifilac tablets
- 10 Bifilac Tablets: Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions About Bifilac Tablets
- 12 Conclusion
What is Bifilac tablet?
Bifilac tablet is a drug that contains good bacteria like Clostridium butyricum, Streptococcus faecalis, Lactobacillus sporogenes, Bacillus mesentericus as its active components. The good bacteria from this drug directly work on intestinal problems like diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), stomatitis, inflammatory bowel disorders (IBD), aphthous ulcers amongst others.
Simply put, Bifilac tablets improve digestion. They contain good bacteria to balance out the bacterial composition of the intestines that may get disturbed because of various infections or usage of antibiotics.
It is good for the gut because it cancels out the growth of harmful bacteria and replaces it with good bacteria. The tablets can be taken as a dietary supplement that would act as a probiotic for the intestines and restore the healthy bacterial level.
Manufactured by: Tablets India Ltd
Type of drug: Anti-diarrhea/ probiotic
Prescription: Not required
Available: as capsules, syrups, sachets.
Price: 10 capsules for 99.50
Expiry: Within 24 months from the manufacturing date.
Composition: Clostridium butyricum: 2 million spores; Lactobacillus sporogenes: 50 million spores; Bacillus Mesentericus: 1 million spores; Streptococcus Faecalis: 30 million spores
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, and dry place.
Substitutes of Bifilac: Vibact Sachet, Becelac PB, Gutpro Powder, Vizylac capsule, Cyfolac capsule, Darolac Capsule
Shop from: Netmeds. Also, avail discounts using Netmeds coupons here.
Bifilac Tablets: Benefits
Bifilac tablets have many benefits apart from improving digestion. It is an effective treatment for the following:
1. Diarrhea: Bifilac tablets treat diarrhea caused due to antibiotic usage and intestinal infections. Infections such as gastroenteritis and Travellers’ diarrhea can be effectively prevented with Bifilac tablets.
Bifilac tablets are not only efficient in the treatment and prevention of diarrhea in adults but also in children. Rotavirus diarrhea which is common in infants and children can be treated and prevented with Bifilac tablets.
2. Microbial misbalance: Our intestines have a microbial composition that helps indigestion. This composition can get unbalanced due to infections, diseases amongst other reasons. Bifilac tablets restore the healthy microbial balance and remove the harmful bacteria from the guts.
3. Irritable bowel syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder of the intestines that causes pain in the stomach, diarrhea, and constipation.
4. Weak immunity: Bifilac tablets work as immunity boosters and help the body to prevent intestinal infections.
5. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): Inflammatory bowel disease is caused due to a weak immune system. Bifilac tablet is an effective treatment for inflammatory bowel disease.
6. Intolerance: increases the tolerance of intestines and improves digestion.
7. Constipation: Bifilac tablets provide good bacteria to the guts for improved digestion and treats constipation.
8. Vaginal Infection: This tablet is also used in treating vaginal infections.
How Does Bifilac Tablet Work?
- Bifilac tablets are a mixture of good bacteria like Clostridium butyricum, streptococcus faecalis, bacillus mesentericus, and lactobacillus sporogenes.
- Usage of antibiotics or infections can cause a disbalance in the pH levels of the intestines. This results in the disturbance of a healthy balance between the good and the bad bacteria. The bad bacteria increase due to infections and cause various digestive problems like diarrhea, constipation, intolerance amongst other diseases.
- When the good bacteria are administered orally through Bifilac tablets, a competition is created between the good and the bad bacteria for nutrients.
- This competition is eventually lost by bad bacteria because of the increased number of good bacteria. The bad bacteria die out and the healthy microbial balance is restored in the intestine.
Bifilac Tablet Dosage
- Consultation with your doctor is necessary for the right dosage of Bifilac tablets.
- The Bifilac tablets are usually taken twice a day after meals.
- The dosage might differ according to age, weight, and medicinal history.
- Refrain from overdosage and stick to the prescribed limit.
- Make sure to inform your doctor about the other medicinal intake be it vitamins supplements or herbal medicines, your medical history, upcoming surgeries, previous diseases, and allergies.
- Women who are pregnant or are trying to conceive should not consume this medicine without the doctor’s consultation.
- Usually recommended dose of Bifilac for adults is twice a day after meals with a gap of 4-6 hours.
- Children should not be given the tablets without consultation with the doctor.
- The tablets have to be swallowed and not chewed.
- Do not overdose and ensure a gap of 4-6 hours between both the dosages.
- Bifilac tablets are not to be consumed with alcohol. If administered with alcohol, it might cause certain side effects such as headaches and drowsiness.
- Some people experience dizziness or drowsiness after consuming Bifilac tablets therefore make sure to not drive after the intake.
- Avoid using antibiotics while you are taking Bifilac tablets as they might lower the effects of Bifilac.
- In case of any allergies after the dosage consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid taking the tablet if you are on steroids, it might increase the risk of side effects.
Bifilac Tablet Side Effects
Medication can have various side effects on the body depending upon the dosage and the reactions of the bodies. Bifilac tablets contain the good bacteria for the gut and usually have no side effects on the body. And the side effects that do occur go away without any need for serious concern. In any case, do not take any side effect lightly and report to your doctor at the slightest discomfort. But in the case of overdosage, the following side effects may occur:
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Rashes on the skin
- Gastric issues
Major overdoes of Bifilac can cause serious health issues, thus, in case of overdosage consult your doctor immediately and seek medical attention. An overdose of Bifilac can result in extreme toxicity and reactions including:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of lips, face, and throat
In case of any allergic reaction to Bifilac, consult your doctor immediately and stop the usage. If left unattended with continued usage, allergies might turn fatal. Some of the signs of an allergic reaction to Bifilac are:
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- Swelling of lips, tongue, throat, and face
Bifilac tablets are good for improving the digestive system and do not require any prescriptions as such but certain precautions are to be observed for minimizing the side effects:
- Make sure to check the expiry date on the packaging.
- Consume the tablets after or during the meals to prevent any intestinal problems.
- Avoid the intake of Bifilac tablets when you are on steroids.
- Inform your doctor of all the medicinal history, allergies, current medication including supplements, vitamins, and herbal medicines before taking BIfilac tablets.
- Read about the ingredients to make sure you are not allergic to any of the components. In case of any allergic reaction after the consumption, immediately consult your doctor.
- Women who experience any changes in their menstrual cycles, period cramps, excessive bleeding must consult their gynecologist before consuming Bifilac tablets.
- The components might contain some amounts of sugar and aspartame. Thus, people with diabetes or any other related issues should consult their doctor before taking the medicine.
Drug Interactions of Bifilac tablets
Medicines react with different foods and other drugs and cause different effects on the body. It is important to know the drug reaction of any medicine before you start the consumption. Drug interaction may alter or nullify the effects of other medicines, cause drastic reactions, or even affect the absorption of your gastrointestinal tract.
In order to avoid any drug interaction from Bifilac inform your doctor about all the current medicines, steroids, herbal supplements, and vitamins.
- Medicinal interaction: It is not possible to include all the drugs that Bifilac tablet might interact with but here is a list of the most common drug interactions: Basiliximab, Antibiotic Drugs, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine, Alcohol, Antifungals, Immunosuppressant.
- Food: There is no such interaction of Bifilac tablets with any food item.
- Diseases: Bifilac tablets might interact with medicines given for liver related problems, kidney related problems, diabetes and other related issues.
Bifilac Tablets: Buyer’s Guide
Bifilac tablets are manufactured by Tablets India Limited and come in a variety of packages including- sachets, capsules, tablets, and lozenges.
Bifilac 0.5gm sachet
- Composition: Lactobacillus 50 million spores
- Price: Rs. 13.72/pack
Bifilac Zn 1gm sachet
- Composition: Bacillus Mesenterics 1 million spores, Clostridium Butyricum 2 million spores, elemental zinc 7 mg, Lactobacillus 50 million spores, Streptococcus Thermophiles 30 million spores, L- glutamic 50mg.
Bifilac Dry Syrup 50ml
- Composition: Bacillus Mesentericus 1 million spores, Clostridium Butyricum 2 million spores, Streptococcus Thermophiles 30 million spores, Lactobacillus Sporogenes 50 million spores.
- Price: Rs. 103.50/pack
Bifilac HP Capsule
- Composition: Lactobacillus 100 million spores
- Price: Rs. 160 for 10 capsules
- Composition: Bacillus Mesentericus 1 million spores, Clostridium Butyricum 2 million spores, Lactobacillus Sporogenes 50 million spores, Streptococcus Thermophilus 30 million spores.
- Price: Rs. 141.60 for 10 lozenges
Bifilac Lozenges tablets 15S
- Composition: Bacillus Mesentricus 1 million spores, Clostridium Butyricum 2 million spores, Lactobacillus Sporogenes 50 million spores, Streptococcus Thermophilus 30 million spores.
- Price: Rs. 141.60 for 10 tablets.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bifilac Tablets
1. What to do if I miss a dose of Bifilac?
In case you miss a dose of Bifilac tablet, take it when you remember about it. But if it is already time for the next dose then do not take two tablets together because that would cause overdosage. Take one tablet at a time and resume the regular schedule from the next dosage.
If you frequently miss the dosage then the medicine will lose its effects. To make sure that you do not miss any dosage; set an alarm in your phone or smartwatch or ask your family members to remind you.
2. What happens when I take Bifilac tablets with antibiotics?
If you are on antibiotics and you do not keep a gap between the Bifilac consumption and your antibiotic intake then the Bifilac tablets will not be effective. It is necessary to ensure that you take Bifilac tablets at least two hours before the antibiotics.
3. How to take Bifilac tablets when pregnant?
It is not advisable for pregnant women to administer any medicine without consultation with the doctor. Even if you are trying to conceive or are breastfeeding, it is vital that you consult your doctor before not take this medicine on your own accord.
4. What happens if I eat an expired Bifilac tablet?
Consumption of expired Bifilac tablets might not result in any negative effects or problems. Having said this, it is necessary to check the expiration date before you consume any medicine.
5. When to Avoid taking Bifilac?
It is best to avoid Bifilac when you are suffering from other major complications. This medicine may interrupt the treatment of other diseases and even cause toxicity or other adverse reactions. Inform your doctor of all your medical history along with your current medication. Do not take Bifilac tablets in the following cases:
- Allergies and hypersensitivity: Check out for the components of the medicine and whether you are allergic to any of them.
- Kidney or renal diseases: Patients with kidney issues should avoid consuming Bifilac tablets.
- Liver diseases: In cases of liver issues Bifilac tablets should be avoided.
- Diabetes: The tablets may contain sugar and therefore diabetic patients are advised to take Bifilac tablets with caution.
- Pregnant women: Women who are pregnant, trying to conceive, or lactating must use Bifilac after proper consultation with their doctors.
- Diarrhea with high fever: In case of diarrhea accompanied by high fever it is best to consult your doctor and not self-medicate.
- Weak immunity: If your immune system is suffering from any major issues such as chemotherapy or HIV infection that avoid taking Bifilac tablets.
6. What is the use of Bifilac tablet or when to take Bifilac?
Bifilac tablets are used to improve digestion and treat problems like diarrhea, gastrointestinal infections, bloating, and other related issues. It is an effective probiotic that supplements the body with the good bacteria needed for digestion and fights off the bad bacteria that interrupts healthy digestion.
7. Is Bifilac a good probiotic?
Yes, Bifilac contains a combination of ‘good bacteria’ like Clostridium Butyricum, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Bacillus Mesentericus, and Streptococcus Thermophilus. Administration of these good bacteria by intaking Bifilac orally creates competition for nutrients between the good bacteria and the bad bacteria in the intestines. Eventually, the toxins and the bad bacteria are defeated and the healthy functioning of the intestine is restored.
8. Is Bifilac and Vizylac same?
If we compare Bifilac vs Vizylac, both are probiotics that are prescribed for improving the digestive system. Bifilac is manufactured by Tablets India Limited and Vizylac is manufactured by Unichem Laboratories Ltd. Both the tablets are used in substitute to each other because of the same composition and strength.
9. How much probiotic do you need daily?
The recommended dose of probiotics is twice a day. Consumption of probiotics should be after the meals and there should be a gap of at least 4-6 hours before both the dosages. Avoid overdosing on probiotics as it may lead to toxicity and adverse reactions.
10. Is it good to take probiotics every day?
Yes, it is totally safe to take probiotics every day. There may be few exceptions if you have allergic reactions or you are on other medications but generally, it is safe to use. They can be taken as a dietary supplement after meals twice a day to improve digestion and prevent problems like bloating.
11. What is the best natural probiotic?
Probiotics are living bacteria that improve digestion, prevent heart disease, and treat depression. Some of the natural probiotics are:
12. What are the signs you need probiotics?
If you are facing discomfort or sleepless nights due to digestive issues then it is a clear sign that the microbial balance of your intestine is disturbed. Other signs may include:
- Bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, stomach aches
- Food intolerance
- Lactose intolerance
- Intake of diet that is rich in sugar and not fiber
- Sudden weight changes
13. Do probiotics help the immune system?
Yes, probiotics boost the immune system and increase food tolerance. Bacteria like Bacillus Mesentricus produce lactic acid which is vital for removing toxins from the digestive tract. This naturally boosts the immune system and helps fight the harmful microorganisms in the body. Probiotics also restore the healthy pH balance of the digestive tracts that promotes the growth of good bacteria and eliminates the bad bacteria.
14. Should I take probiotics in the morning or at night?
The answer to this question depends on the reason why you are taking the probiotics. If you are taking it to improve digestion then it is best to consume it after every meal. While if you struggle to fall asleep then take the probiotics before going to bed.
If you have been avoiding the gastric problems as something minor, the inconvenience will soon catch up to you. Bloating, indigestion, constipation and other intestinal issues disrupt the normal functioning of life and end in sleepless nights. Bifilac tablets are your rescue. As mentioned earlier, your intestines need bacteria to digest the food and when that bacterial balance is disturbed due to infections or prolonged usage of antibiotics, it leads to digestive issues.