Have you decided to start a blog with WordPress but don’t know which hosting to choose? In this article we will find out together which is the best WordPress hosting in India by analyzing the pros and cons of the best offers currently on the market.
The best WordPress hosting in India is Bluehost because they have a wide variety of options for users and are extremely affordable. Additionally, their customer service is top notch, which makes them an excellent choice for beginners who are just starting out with WordPress.
Choosing a good hosting for WordPress is not an easy operation, especially if you do not have a minimum of experience in the world of web hosting. There are thousands of hosting companies nowadays, but only a few of them offer a fully optimized package for the world’s most popular CMS (Content Management System) platform, namely WordPress.
Our goal in this article is to analyze them in detail one by one and finally find out which is the best and why it is. There are several factors to consider before buying a WordPress hosting such as: speed, uptime, extra features, ease of installation, support, value for money etc.
List of Best WordPress Hosting Providers in India
A blog is an important marketing tool for businesses of all sizes. It allows you to communicate directly with your customers and share news, insights, tips and more. If you’re looking for the best WordPress hosting in India, look no further.
In this post, we’ll share our top picks and explain what to look for when choosing a WordPress host. So, whether you’re just starting out or looking to switch hosts, read on for the best WordPress hosting options in India.
|S. No.||Best WordPress Hosting In India||Price|
|1.||Bluehost||Plans start at Rs. 179/mo|
|2.||Inmotion Hosting||Plans start at $7.99/mo|
|3.||iPage||Plans start at $3.75/mo|
|4.||WPEngine||Plans start at $25/mo|
|5.||Resellerclub||Plans start at Rs. 205/mo|
|6.||HostPapa||Plans start at Rs. 199/mo|
|7.||SiteGround||Plans start at $3.99/mo|
|8.||Kinsta||Plans start at $30/mo|
|9.||Hostinger||Plans start at Rs. 99/mo|
|10.||GoDaddy||Plans start at Rs. 329/mo|
Best WordPress Hosting In India
About this hosting provider
Bluehost is a leading web hosting company that was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah, USA. They provide powerful hosting solutions that empower people to fully harness digital media. Millions of people around the world use Bluehost to get their business online.
Whether you’re a professional or novice web user, they have what you’re looking for in terms of unbeatable packages and reliable service. Bluehost helps you make your website or online shop a reality with their range of products and services. From shared hosting to WordPress customization options (including templates) and domain name registration – everything’s possible on this powerful platform.
Plans offered and pricing
- Basic – Rs. 179/mo
- Plus – Rs. 279/mo
- Choice plus – Rs. 279/mo
- Automatic WordPress Installation: With automatic installation of a secure and up-to-date version of WordPress, you’ll be able to get your site up and running in no time.
- Easy Drag-n-Drop Website Builder: With Bluehost, beginners and pros alike can build beautiful websites in minutes. Drag-and-drop website builder makes it easy for beginners, while custom CSS and stock image library help pros take their website design to the next level.
- Free Domain for 1 Year: With Bluehost’s WordPress Hosting, you get free domain registration for a year, making it easy and affordable to get started with your own website.
- Automatic WordPress Updates: Bluehost’s WordPress Hosting plans include automatic updates for both the core WordPress software and any plugins you have installed.
- WordPress Staging Environment: Bluehost’s WordPress staging environment allows you to test any changes to your website before making them visible to your visitors. This helps ensure that everything is perfect before your website goes live. With Bluehost, you can build with confidence.
- Free SSL Certificate Protection: All Bluehost plans have a free SSL certificate protection. SSL certificate protection is a technology that helps protect your website’s data and privacy by creating an encrypted connection between your website and your visitors’ web browsers. This encrypted connection helps keep hackers from being able to steal sensitive information like passwords, credit card numbers, and other personal data.
- Automatic Daily Malware Scan: Automatic Daily Malware Scan with Sitelock is a security service that scans your website for malware and vulnerabilities every day.
- SSD storage: All Bluehost hosting plans provide SSD storage. While the basic plan gives 50GB SSD storage, the Plus and Choice Plus plans give unmetered SSD storage. The benefits of SSD storage include faster read and write speeds, increased reliability, and lower power consumption.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: All plans offered by Bluehost give unmetered bandwidth. Typically, with unmetered bandwidth, a customer is allowed to use as much bandwidth as they like without fear of being billed for overages.
2. Inmotion Hosting
About this hosting provider
InMotion Hosting is a privately-owned technology company co-founded by Sunil Saxena and Todd Robinson in 2001. It has offices in Los Angeles, CA, Virginia Beach, VA and Denver, CO. InMotion Hosting understands that every business is unique, and their needs vary. They provide web hosting, cloud-based solutions and managed services for entrepreneurs and businesses around the world.
InMotion’s mission is to provide the best tools and services to anyone who wants a better online presence. With over 170,000 customers across 100+ countries they are doing just that. All InMotion services and products are backed by live 24/7 customer support experts in the United States.
Plans offered and pricing
- WP-1000S – $7.99/mo
- WP-2000S – $7.99/mo
- WP-3000S – $13.99/mo
- WP-4000S – $22.99/mo
- Faster WordPress Websites: InMotion Hosting is the perfect solution for your WordPress website. Their performance-optimized WordPress Hosting includes free NVMe SSD storage, NGINX, PHP 7, and PHP 8 – all of which will help keep your website running quickly and smoothly. Plus, their free CDN ensures that your website loads quickly for users around the world.
- Safety and Security: InMotion Hosting’s WordPress Security Package is perfect for businesses that need added security for their WordPress website. Services include hack and malware protection, automatic backups, and more. With InMotion Hosting, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your website is safe from the latest threats.
- WordPress simplified: InMotion has made it simple and easy to use WordPress, with automatic security patches and optional automatic updates.
- Free Migration Tools: With free migration tools, you can trust that your website will be transferred with no downtime. Plus, their support team is available to assist you with the process every step of the way.
- Free WordPress Themes: InMotion WordPress Hosting offers free access to premium WordPress themes and templates that will save you time and money when building your website. With these tools, you can easily create a custom website that looks great and functions perfectly for your business.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: InMotion’s unlimited bandwidth WordPress hosting will allow you to bring in as many visitors as you want without having to worry about hitting data limits. You’ll have plenty of room to grow your website and reach new audiences while keeping it running quickly and smoothly.
- Unlimited Professional Email: InMotion WordPress hosting provides business email addresses that are professional, reliable, and easy to access from any device. With unlimited storage and spam filtering, you can keep in touch with customers and partners easily and confidently.
- Premium Plugins Included: InMotion Hosting offers top-quality WordPress hosting with premium plugins included. Their plans come with Jetpack, Speed Coach, Total Upkeep, and other great features to help you build a successful website.
About this hosting provider
Initially, iPage was founded as a full-service provider of web services in 1998. However, the company relaunched its operations in 2009 as a web hosting provider. Endurance International Group currently owns it. At present, iPage hosts more than 1 million websites in its two data centers.
Since 1998, iPage has hosted websites for clients from all walks of life, including personal, business, and social. They are equipped with the processes, tools, and expertise to help customers launch their business or idea online. Over 19 years, businesses and individuals have trusted iPage with their websites. Their data center is monitored 24 hours a day and regularly backed-up to ensure that their clients’ websites remain online.
Plans offered and pricing
- WP Starter – $3.75/mo
- WP Essential – $6.95/mo
- Built-in function and style: WordPress is a great platform for your website, but sometimes getting everything set up and running can be difficult. Not with iPage WordPress Hosting, though. They’ll take care of everything for you, from hand-picking the best theme for your site to installing all the necessary plugins. Plus, they’ll give you a customized control panel so you can manage your site like a pro.
- Speed and security: iPage WordPress hosting includes a suite of powerful features to help increase your website’s speed by up to 2.5 times, as well as a deluxe security bundle from SiteLock. Plus, their custom firewall provides an extra layer of protection against online threats.
- WordPress Support: The iPage customer service is top-notch and their team of WordPress specialists are there to help you every step of the way – from installing WordPress to troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Free domain registration for one year: iPage gives you a free domain name registration for one year, plus a wide variety of features to help you get your website online. You can choose from dozens of templates or create your own design, and their easy-to-use editor makes it simple to add content and customize your site.
- Unlimited storage: If you’re looking for unlimited storage space for your WordPress site, iPage is the perfect hosting provider for you. Their robust platform ensures that your website will run smoothly and reliably, no matter how much traffic you receive.
- Unlimited bandwidth: The unlimited bandwidth plan means your site will always be up and running, and you’ll never be out of resources. It is perfect for businesses of all sizes.
- Automatic malware removal: iPage WordPress hosting provides automatic malware removal to keep your website safe and secure. Their service is fast, reliable, and affordable, making it the perfect choice for small businesses and bloggers.
- Uptime and Response Time: With 99.95% uptime and a 1,373 ms response time, you can count on your website being up and running when your customers need it the most.
About this hosting provider
WP Engine is the most popular WordPress digital experience platform. It is a new type of technology company that combines software innovation with service. The platform gives brands the tools they need to build amazing WordPress sites and apps that propel their business forward.
WP Engine offers managed WordPress hosting, eCommerce solutions and enterprise offerings. Their WordPress experience platform, headless WordPress solution, and other enterprise offerings include their WordPress experience platform, which powers 1.5 million digital experiences worldwide for agencies and companies of all sizes. It offers top-notch service for WordPress sites with their award-winning platform designed to make your life easier.
Plans offered and pricing
- Managed hosting startup – $25/mo
- Managed hosting professional – $49/mo
- Managed hosting growth – $95/mo
- Managed hosting scale – $241/mo
- Managed hosting plus startup – $28/mo
- Managed hosting plus professional – $52/mo
- Managed hosting plus growth – $104/mo
- Managed hosting plus scale – $258/mo
- Secure hosting startup – $44/mo
- Secure hosting professional – $75/mo
- Secure hosting growth – $125/mo
- Secure hosting scale – $291/mo
- Speed: WPEngine provide best-in-class performance and security to help you build a successful WordPress website. Their platform is optimized for speed and built to scale, so you can be confident that your site will perform well no matter how much traffic it receives.
- Security: WPEngine is the most secure WordPress hosting solution available. They take care of all the updates, backups, and monitoring for you so that you can focus on your business.
- Support: WPEngine offers award-winning support 24x7x365 to help you achieve your website dreams. Their team of experts are passionate about their customers’ success, and they have the accolades to prove it.
- Workflow tools: This hosting provider makes online creation and publication faster, easier, and better-looking than any other platform out there. With WPEngine, you’ll have access to an optimized WordPress ecosystem with beautiful StudioPress themes and plugins galore.
- Migrations: Their platform is designed to make your business website migration easy and stress-free, with a free automated migration plugin and 24x7x365 expert support. With WP Engine, you can focus on what you do best – running your business.
- World-class Hosting Infrastructure: WPEngine is the perfect place to host your WordPress site. Their world-class hosting infrastructure, caching technology, and data centers around the world make them the best place to host your WordPress site.
- Dedicated & Advanced Security: With platform-level protection, automatic updates, and free SSL certificates, WPEngine is optimized for WordPress and keeps your website safe from Attacks. Activity logs and user permissions help you keep track of what’s happening on your website while multi-factor password authentication helps keep your site secure.
- One-click staging sites: WPEngine makes it easy for you to create one-click staging sites so that you can test your changes before pushing them live.
- SSH access: WPEngine provides SSH access with WP-CLI, MySQL, and bash out of the box. This gives you the ability to manage your WordPress site from the command line, making it faster and easier to get things done.
- GIT & SFTP connections: WPEngine offers GIT & SFTP connections for developers who want to take their site to the next level.
About this hosting provider
ResellerClub was established with the goal of providing domain names and hosting products for web designers, developers, and web hosts. It is a marketplace that offers all the products and services a Web professional needs to help small businesses build a web presence.
The company provides Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting and Dedicated Servers. It also offers Email, Backup, Security, and many other services. Many of these options are available with multi-brand options. ResellerClub offers an integrated solution for managing 500+ gTLDs, new domains, and ccTLDs. It is a platform that’s specifically designed for web professionals. It aims to provide the most diverse range of web presence products.
Plans offered and pricing
- Starter lite – Rs. 205/mo
- Performance lite – Rs. 225/mo
- Business lite – Rs. 305/mo
- Professional lite – Rs. 385/mo
- Standard – Rs. 450/mo
- Business – Rs. 675/mo
- Pro – Rs. 900/mo
- Elite – Rs. 1665/mo
- Simplified WordPress Hosting Plans: Resellerclub’s WordPress hosting plans make it simple and easy to get your site up and running. They pre-install WordPress on all their plans, so you can start building your website right away. A feature-rich, intuitive control panel is also provided which makes managing your site a breeze.
- Adapt to Traffic Spikes: Built on the Cloud, this platform is scalable and can easily accommodate your resource demands. Plus, with one click you can upgrade your CPU / RAM to meet your needs. So, whether you’re expecting a surge in visitors for a special event or simply want to be prepared for the unexpected, Resellerclub WordPress Hosting product is perfect for you.
- Automated Backups and Security: Resellerclub WordPress hosting plans include SiteLock’s Malware scan and removal and CodeGuard’s daily, automatic cloud backup service. This ensures that your website is protected from all kinds of threats.
- Solid infrastructure: Resellerclub’s WordPress Hosting is built on the battle-tested Cloud Hosting architecture, which gives each package an incredible foundation. Plus, all data is mirrored, with 2 copies stored across a virtualization layer – meaning you can rest assured your site will stay up and running, no matter what.
- Unlimited Email accounts: With unlimited email accounts, you can keep your business correspondence organized and efficient.
About this hosting provider
HostPapa entered dedicated and hosted application market in 2002 and began offering web hosting services in 2005 through its first domain. Jamie Opalchuk, the Canadian founder of HostPapa, founded it in 2006. The 2012 “Who’s Your Papa?” logo design contest resulted in the current logo which also includes the “Papa” character. Since its inception, HostPapa received numerous awards including the NCM Online and WHTop Uptime Awards.
HostPapa offers web hosting infrastructure that includes Hewlett-Packard hardware, servers, and is networked with Cisco equipment in several tier one data centers across Canada and the world. HostPapa relies on 100% renewable energy for its data centers, web servers and office computers. This helps in reducing carbon emissions.
Plans offered and pricing
- WP Starter – Rs. 199/mo
- WP Business – Rs. 299/mo
- WP Business Pro – Rs. 699/mo
- Get Started Building Fast: The zero-click WordPress installation makes it easy for you to get started building your website as soon as you sign up and the optimized performance ensures that your website will run smoothly.
- Free SSL Certificate: Keep your website visitors safe with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate from HostPapa. All their WordPress hosting plans come with everything you need to get your website online, including automatic updates and daily backups.
- Get Faster with WordPress Caching: WordPress Hosting from HostPapa is the perfect way to give your website the speed and performance it needs. The enhanced content caching helps your pages load faster for Google and Visitors alike.
- Auto-Detect and Remove Malware: Protect your website with HostPapa’s advanced malware detection and removal software. The software crawls your site and servers, detecting any malicious activity and removing it quickly and easily.
- Global Speed and Performance: HostPapa has partnered with Cloudflare, the world’s largest and fastest content delivery network, to give you free access to their global caching service. This means that your content will be cached locally around the globe, providing you with the fastest WordPress hosting experience possible.
- Secure WordPress Hosting with Advanced Firewall: Their advanced firewall will stop malicious traffic before it reaches your website, keeping your data safe and your site running smoothly.
- Jetpack Security Features: The Jetpack Security Features include brute force attack protection, malware scanning, and spam filtering – ensuring that your website is safe from unwanted intrusions.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of website hosting that’s designed to host WordPress websites. It comes with easy one-click installation that makes it easy for WordPress novices to install and get started with their blogs.
WordPress hosting companies typically offer preconfigured software stacks with the most popular PHP and database versions, built-in caching layers, automated backups, and even automatic scaling. This way they allow their customers to focus on building their websites and blogs instead of spending time on configuring the underlying stack.
WordPress hosting companies offer a range of configurations and pricing, yet the majority of them can be divided into four main categories:
- Shared Hosting: This is the most affordable and popular type of hosting that comes with a choice between unmanaged or managed plans. Unmanaged plans are cheaper, but they lack support and come with certain limitations. If you go for the managed plans, you’ll get more features for your money, but keep in mind that they come with a higher price tag.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS): VPS hosting is the middle ground between shared and dedicated hosting. It offers a higher level of control and comes with root access, but it’s more expensive than shared hosting.
- Dedicated Server: This is the most expensive and advanced type of hosting. It’s guaranteed to have a specific amount of CPU, memory, or disk space that other types of hosting don’t offer. However, this is also the type of hosting that requires you to manage everything on your own, so if you’re not experienced or you simply don’t have time to keep an eye on your hosting, this option might not be for you.
- Cloud hosting: Cloud Hosting is a type of web hosting where your website files are stored on a remote server. With cloud hosting, you can access your website files from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. This makes it a great option for people who need access to their website files from multiple locations or devices. Cloud WordPress Hosting is also a great option for people who want to avoid the hassle and expense of managing their own server. With cloud hosting, the provider takes care of all of the server maintenance and upgrades for you. This leaves you free to focus on developing and marketing your website.
Features that a WordPress hosting must have
Let’s analyze together the characteristics that a WordPress hosting must absolutely have in our opinion, which among other things were the criteria used by us to create the above-mentioned ranking.
Speed is the key to the success of a website or blog. Did you know that a site that loads quickly has SEO advantages (i.e., it ranks better in search engines) than a slow site that takes a lifetime to load?
Make sure the hosting company you are about to purchase has:
- A Server Sided Cacher type SuperCacher with three levels: Static, Dynamic, Memcached.
- Alternatively, pagespeed_mod already installed and preconfigured on the server to automatically minimize your html, CSS, and images resources.
- Professional CDN included in the price, or alternatively a free CDN like that of CloudFlare that can be activated with 1 click via cPanel.
- WordPress is written in the PHP language. Make sure the hosting company you are about to buy supports version 7.0 onwards. Some companies only support up to version 5.6 (which is earlier than 7.0). The new version has a 30% to 40% better performance.
- Position of the servers near your readers. For example, if your readers are Indian, take a server located either in India or in Singapore.
Another factor that many don’t consider important is the security of your site. A good hosting will give you all the tools necessary to ensure the necessary security for both you and your users, such as:
- The possibility of obtaining SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates directly from the cPanel, both for a fee and for free with programs such as Let’s Encrypt.
- Daily or weekly scans of your site.
- Automatic backups and updates of your WordPress site.
In addition to these 3 factors, once you have bought your hosting plan and created your site with WordPress, make sure you also install an anti-malware and firewall like Sucuri on your site in combination with the premium version of CloudFlare, for TOP protection from both malware that from any DDoS attacks (CloudFlare will also improve the speed of your WordPress site).
Bandwidth is the amount of data that can continuously be transferred from or to your website on a monthly basis. Bandwidth is measured in Gigabytes or GB. Unlike disk space, which is a fixed and known resource that you buy with your hosting plan, bandwidth is a dynamic and often unpredictable factor.
We all need bandwidth to access the Internet, but it is not always easy to predict how much bandwidth will be used when you publish your site. The decision about how many GBs of monthly bandwidth you should buy is part of the overall hosting plan decision. On most web hosting plans, there are two types of data transfer included in the plan:
- Incoming Data Transfer: The amount of data your site visitors send to you, usually measured on a daily basis.
- Outgoing Data Transfer: The amount of data you send from your web site to a visitor, usually measured on a monthly basis.
Bandwidth quotas vary from one hosting plan to another, but typically they include the traffic going both to and from your web site. In most cases they do not include traffic generated by streaming media (such as music or video clips), but they usually do include normal web site traffic.
4. Disk space
WordPress hosting should have some disk space allocated to your account, which you use for storage of all data related to your website. A minimum of 10-20 GB is usually enough for a typical site. You can use external storage, such as Amazon S3 or an FTP server to store and protect your data. The data is either stored on SSDs or HDDs.
SSD storage uses Solid State Drives, instead of traditional spinning hard drives. SSDs are much faster than traditional hard drives, and as a result, can provide a significantly better user experience for websites and applications. Because SSDs are more expensive than traditional hard drives, not all hosts offer SSD storage. However, those that do typically charge a premium for the service.
On the other hand, HDD storage is one where files and folders are stored on physical hard disk drives (HDDs). This type of storage is typically less expensive than other options, but it can be more prone to outages due to hardware failures. For businesses that don’t need the extra security or performance offered by SDD storage, HDD storage can be a cost-effective way to store files and host a website. However, because hard drives are susceptible to failure, it’s important to ensure that your data is backed up regularly in case of an unexpected outage.
5. Managed or Unmanaged
In a managed hosting package, the hosting company offers support for any problem or update that may occur in the server, including the operating system, cPanel, MySQL and database and much more. Obviously for a code problem on your WordPress site, the hosting provider will not help you, but for all other problems they will. In addition, they regularly scan your sites automatically and make weekly (some even daily) backups to your site.
An unmanaged hosting is a cheaper solution than a managed one, as the server is not managed by the company but totally by you. The company will obviously replace the faulty server hardware pieces, keep the lights on for you and reboot the total server when needed. However, it will absolutely not help you in any way with installing software, databases, caches, security systems and backups. etc. All the software side will have to be managed by you.
If you have a limited experience with operating systems (especially Linux), opt for an unmanaged hosting. Not only will it cost you much less, but you will have total freedom to install any program and script on it.
If, on the other hand, you do not have budget problems and do not have time available to keep up with everything, opt for a managed WordPress hosting.
Each hosting calls this feature differently: one click install, automatic installer, etc. But what is it?
This is an automated method to install and configure a new WordPress directly from your hosting provider’s dashboard.
Thanks to this feature, even the less experienced will be able to launch their WordPress blog without having to worry about databases, MySQL, permissions, uploads, FTP and so on.
Some hosting providers allow you to install WordPress using Softaculous. Softaculous is a script library that automates the installation of commercial and open-source web applications on websites.
7. Frequent backups and long redemption period
WordPress is very famous, and for this reason, it is often the victim of attacks by hackers from all over the world.
The best way to protect yourself is to constantly update the CMS, its plugins, and themes, as well as to put into practice the best cybersecurity policies. Often, however, this is not enough.
In the event that a WordPress site has been permanently compromised, it is desirable to have a full backup available for two reasons. It is possible to regain the original information and it is possible to restore WP to a previous state (safe and infection-free).
The more serious hosting allows you to perform automatic backups on a periodic basis, even daily or weekly, and “save” these backups for a very long period of time (called redemption period).
At first it may seem like a secondary feature, but it is good to protect yourself in advance to avoid unpleasant future “disasters”.
No matter how good you are, sooner or later you will still need help. And this is where good support makes the difference, why bother when they can take care of your site’s technical issues for you? Good support is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a hosting. Make sure the company you choose has a fast response time (less than 20 minutes) and is reachable by phone, chat, email and via raising a ticket.
9. Staging environment
A staging environment is a replica of your production environment that you use for testing and development. In other words, it’s an exact copy of your live site, but with the exception that changes made to the staging environment won’t affect your live site. This is a valuable tool for developers because it allows them to test new features and make changes without risking any damage to the live site.
A staging environment can also be helpful for QA teams who need to test updates or new features before they’re released into production. And finally, it can be used by marketing teams for A/B testing or for testing different versions of landing pages.
Many hosting providers give a free staging environment that can be used to test codes, builds, and updates.
10. Free page builder
A page builder is a software application that allows users to create and design web pages without having to write any code. They typically provide a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface, which makes it very easy for people with no coding experience to get started. Many page builders also include features that allow users to animate their designs, add multimedia content, and create custom forms and buttons.
Many hosting providers like Bluehost, InMotion, GoDaddy etc. have their own page/website builders that they provide to customers free of cost as a part of the hosting plan.
11. Other features
Before buying a hosting plan, always look at the extra services and features and the ease of installation it offers. An optimized WordPress hosting will not only allow you to install it with just one click in less than a couple of minutes but will perform automatic backups and updates to your WordPress site constantly. Furthermore, we recommend that you purchase a hosting that has the following features and extra services:
- Free top-level domain
- Free migration
- Unlimited Addon Domains – Multidomain
- Paid SEO Tools
- Email Marketing
- Premium plugins
Is WordPress Hosting Right For You?
WordPress hosting is different from traditional web hosting in that it’s specifically designed to accommodate WordPress websites. In addition to standard web hosting features like unlimited storage, bandwidth, domains, and email accounts, most WordPress hosts also provide built-in caching, automatic updates, and security features. It is a great option for small businesses and bloggers who are looking for an affordable, reliable, and easy-to-use hosting solution.
WordPress is a popular content management system that powers millions of websites around the world, and with WordPress hosting you get access to all of the features and functionality of the WordPress platform.
Plus, with managed WordPress hosting you get expert support from your host’s team of WordPress experts. They’ll help you with everything from installing WordPress to optimizing your site for performance and security. So, if you’re looking for a hassle-free way to set up and manage your website, then a managed WordPress hosting is definitely worth checking out.
Advantages of WordPress hosting
When you consider the millions of websites running WordPress today, it’s easy to understand why so many hosting companies have focused their efforts on providing these services. But what are some of the advantages of WordPress hosting? Let’s take a look.
1. Unlimited Disk Space and Bandwidth
There is never any need to worry about running out of disk space, and your website will never go offline due to lack of bandwidth. With traditional hosting, you may face these issues if you run out of space or bandwidth, but many WordPress hosting providers now feature unlimited storage and transfer to ensure that your site will stay online even as its traffic and file storage grow and expand.
2. Expert Technical Support
When you sign up for WordPress hosting, the provider will have a team of experts on staff for technical support. These techs are well-versed in WordPress management and are familiar with the constant updates that this platform faces. The support technicians can provide answers within minutes, which is impressive when you consider the complexity of WordPress updates and changes. Even if you are new to WordPress, you can have peace of mind knowing that your hosting provider is there to provide assistance quickly if you ever need it.
3. Server Uptime Guarantee
When you choose WordPress hosting, the provider will usually offer a 99% or higher server up-time guarantee. This is because they have taken the necessary steps to ensure that their servers are high-powered, and that their network connections are fast and efficient. This means that you will have the best possible performance on your website, and not be faced with any outages or downtime due to server issues.
4. WordPress Staging Environment
One of the biggest advantages to WordPress hosting is that you gain access to a staging environment. This means that you can test out major changes to your website before actually applying them live. This great for businesses who are always looking to introduce new features or functionality, but don’t want to risk the possibility of any issues or glitches with their live site. You can test everything out in the staging environment without affecting your live visitors.
5. A Secure Network with DDoS Protection
WordPress hosting providers understand the importance of a secure network, and that it’s essential to have a plan for dealing with potential attacks from hackers. WordPress hosting providers invest in top-notch hardware and software to prevent unauthorized access, but if a malicious hacker ever does gain access to your site, they also have security protocols in place to prevent any data loss or damage.
6. Easy WordPress Installation and Management
Most WordPress hosting providers have a simple installation process and provide step-by-step instructions for getting your website online. Once you’ve installed WordPress, the provider will also provide ongoing management to ensure that your website is always up to date. They are also able to provide assistance with managing plugins, themes, and any updates to WordPress itself.
7. Optimized for WordPress
The hosting platform is optimized specifically for WordPress, which means that it will usually run faster than a regular hosting platform. The servers feature SSD storage and data transfer capabilities, along with memory caching to ensure that your website pages load quickly. This optimizes the performance of your WordPress site, which is important since web users tend to expect fast responses and page load times thanks to their high-powered mobile devices.
Frequently Asked Questions about WordPress Hosting
1. Does WordPress provide hosting?
WordPress does not provide hosting, but there are several companies that do. If you’re looking for more flexibility or want to be able to use plugins that require PHP or MySQL, then you’ll need to purchase hosting from a third-party provider. This can get expensive, but there are several great options available. Another option is to use a free WordPress host. These hosts will give you a subdomain (yoursite.wordpress.com) and will host your site for free. However, they often place ads on your site and limit the features you have access to.
2. Which is best hosting for WordPress?
Bluehost is one of the best WordPress hosting providers in India. Bluehost India is popular for its advanced features that make it faster and easier to manage WordPress websites. This managed hosting service provider offers 1-click WordPress installation, free domain name registration, fast servers, and exclusive WordPress specific tools to manage the websites easily. Bluehost takes care of your entire hosting needs so you can focus on your business.
3. Is WordPress hosting free?
It exists but we strongly advise against considering hosts offering free WordPress hosting. Or just use them for a few days to familiarize yourself with the whole thing. Because the free offers are too limited and will never allow you to break into the world of the web.
4. Can I run a website without hosting?
Technically you could run a website without hosting, but it wouldn’t be accessible to anyone besides yourself. For a website to be accessible by other people, it needs to be hosted on a web server. There are several ways to host a website. You can either rent space on a server from a web hosting company, or you can set up your own server in-house. You can also use a third-party provider such as Wix, Squarespace, or Weebly to create and manage your website. These providers host your website for you and provide all the necessary tools to create and manage your site.
5. Can I build a WordPress site before hosting?
You could, but we don’t recommend it. It’s better to host your website first and then build it afterward. That way, you can be sure that your site is up and running correctly and that there aren’t any major problems with the hosting setup. Once everything is working smoothly, then you can start customizing your site and adding all the bells and whistles.
6. What is difference between WordPress hosting and Web hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting that is specifically optimized for WordPress. All the features and resources of the host server are configured to work best with WordPress, which includes features like caching, PHP7 support, and automatic updates. Web hosting is a type of hosting that can be used to host any kind of website, including WordPress websites. However, not all web hosts are created equal in terms of their support for WordPress. So, it’s important to do your research before choosing a web host to make sure they are compatible with WordPress.
7. How much does it cost to host a WordPress website?
The cost of hosting a WordPress website can vary depending on the size and type of website, as well as the hosting company that is used. Typically, however, it costs between $5 and $50 per month to host a WordPress website. In some cases, it may be more expensive or less expensive, but this is a good estimate for the average cost.
8. Can I migrate from one WordPress hosting to another?
Yes, absolutely. Remember that your new hosting provider will have a vested interest in facilitating the migration, so it is often offered as a free service. Just provide some information and in a few minutes the new hosting provider will take care of the migration for you.
Ultimately, the WordPress hosting you choose should reflect the budget you have to work with, your site’s goals, and the niche you work in. However, you can make an educated guess as to which WP hosting choice will be the best fit, before weighing each option further.
For example, if you’re a novice blogger just starting their WordPress journey, shared hosting will likely be the best option, mainly because it’s cheaper. As your blog attracts a following, you can then look into other hosting options that meet your site’s growing needs.