Hosting a website over the internet takes a lot more resources than you might think. It is not only just designing the interface and URL registration, but takes a reliable web host to really spring up a system that your users can easily work with. If you are planning to start your own online business, that must be your first step towards building your presence in the web space. For that purpose, we bring to you the best web hosting in India. Services that can help not only build your presence, but also help it grow.
One of the best parts about web hosting is that there are a wide range of services available that can help you host your own website. From these many options, you can easily choose the one that suits you the best and provides the exact resources that you require.
Choosing the best web hosting in India is not an easy task. Yes, you get a lot of options to choose from, but there lies the problem itself – how really to choose the best one for yourself.
Let us talk about what web hosting really is, then we can check out the best web hosting in India and figure out which one works best for you.
Everything about Web Hosting in India – An Overview
If you are planning to build your own website for an online business, you require the services of a web host to host your website online. The hosting provider allocates space on the web server for your website to store data, files, and the rest. Each website you have visited in your life is hosted over a server which makes up the files that comprise that specific website. All the code, images, data, is stored on the host’s end and whenever a user requests for a set of data, the host makes it available for viewing.
It is crucial to make sure you choose your web host with care so that your website is quick and responsive and does not lag when bogged down by user requests. The amount of space your website would require depends on the amount of data present on the website, obviously. The space allocated on a particular server in turn depends on the type of hosting you would choose for yourself.
There are four primary kinds of hosting, shared, dedicated, VPS, and reseller hosting. Each hosting plan comes with its own set of resources, advantages, and disadvantages. While shared hosting is best for small, just starting out businesses, dedicated servers are a much better option for larger websites with an actual ton of data and information.
VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and web hosting are effective ways to make sure your medium-sized business has enough resources to serve the users that show up on your website.
Web Hosting – In a Nutshell
In a nutshell, web hosting is essentially a process of renting out, or buying online space to house your website. All your website content, the code itself, the images on it, data, and rest of the information is effectively stored on the server hosted by the service provider.
The server in question, is essentially a computer that connects users to your website. It comes with a set of pre-allocated resources, depending on the plan you choose, provides connectivity, stores all the data your website requires to run, and provides a reliable solution to making sure users can easily reach the website and interact with it.
Also, web hosting has no cap on it. Depending on the size of your website and your requirements, there are a variety of plans a web host can potentially offer you. You can run anything from a small blog, to build a large multifaceted website.
To build your online presence, reliable web hosting is crucial. Choosing the right hosting plan proves that much more important as well. Having the right resources and allocating them viably is the only way your users can visit your website and interact with it. If your website takes too long to load, or does not show up at all, your potential customers might simply move to another space. This makes it pivotal to choose the right web host and the right resources to run your online space.
Why is Good Hosting Important?
So, essentially when you buy a web host, you rent out or purchase a server space to upload all the files that make up your website. Whenever any user requests information over your website, or tries to access it, the server host delivers the requested files or webpage. If your web host is reliable, your business can benefit from quick access and a high performance website.
You can expect the best web hosting in India to provide you with –
- High speed and performance: A well performing website can improve the incoming traffic and engagement. If you website is hosted on an inadequate server, your users can experience lag which for consumers is a huge deal breaker.
- High website uptime: If your web host cannot provide the allocated resources as soon as, and whenever asked for, your users might not be able to visit your website and use your services. A good web host ensures access to your website 24/7 without any issues.
- Cost effective: Web hosting can be pricey if you want ample resources to run your website. Finding a web host that provides all the resources without really being extravagantly priced is the way to go.
- Customer support: There could potentially be technical or non-technical queries that you as a business owner might have with your web host. For that purpose, a good customer support system is always a plus on the server end of things.
What to Look for in a Web Hosting Service?
A good web hosting service not only provides ample resources, but also allows you to manage them well. Yes, premium services do ask for a premium price, but that is valid when you realize all of your business is actually dependent on it. That said, it does not mean you have to spend a whole lot of money on web hosting. Having a budget friendly, feature-rich web host is the way to go.
When talking about web hosting services, here are the few things to keep in mind.
- Up-time: Up-time for any website is an indicator of performance on the hosting provider end. Up-time for a good website is over 99% generally, which means your website is up and running constantly without any snags.
- Speed: To ensure the traffic that comes to your website has easy and fast access to the data within is one of the most crucial aspects of running an online business. If users find your website slow and tedious to move around in, they might just find another service that provides faster speeds.
- Budget: There are so many different web hosts that provide good features. The best ones are obviously more expensive and offer great up-time, speed, resources, and customer support. However, that does not mean you spend all your fortune on their services. Depending on the kind of resources you need, you should choose a web host accordingly.
- Features: A few web hosts aim higher and provide their customers with some extra features. These could include email services, website monitoring, caching, unlimited bandwidth and such. If you have use for one or more of these features, do be sure to check them out against the web host you have chosen for your business.
P.S. We suggest you look at ample user reviews for the service you have chosen. Sometimes what is stated can be very different from the actual potential of the web host. Most times than not, user ratings and reviews can be a really good way to figure out if their services are worth investing in or not.
How Does Web Hosting Work?
Web hosting is essentially running your website over a bunch of resources provided by a web host. On the host’s end, a server is set that with a set amount of resources. RAM, hard disks, SSDs, and bandwidth are allocated to the website who would be using it. The server resources depends on the type of hosting plan a business owner would choose. If your needs are high, you might invest in a server with a greater potential. Similarly, if your website would not take a lot of resources to run, you can easily get a server with resources that match your requirements.
Here is an explanation for the Layman – Imagine searching for an office space. If your organization has 10 people, you would potentially invest in an office space that seats at least 10 people and has enough resources to handle more if you hire more people. Similarly, if your company has a 100 employees, you would get an office space that can hold that amount of people.
Here is another aspect of web hosting. What if you do not want a separate space for yourself, but instead choose a co-working space for your small team?
Well, that is what hosting provides you. You reach out to a service and let them provide you with the resources to keep your business running. There are multiple kinds of hosting and each comes with its own set of pros and cons.
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is the most common for small businesses. Shared hosting is done over a server that other business owners also use. On the server side, all resources are allocated, software and OS installed, and you only have to start using their services as they reach you. Shared hosting is less towards the customizable side, and more towards the ease of use side.
- VPS Hosting: VPS hosting is a good way to get yourself a server and all the dedicated resources without really having to spend a huge sum on its subscription. We have a dedicated blog on VPS hosting if you wish to know more about it.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting is like renting an entire building as your office space. Nobody else but you would use that space. Similarly, you would essentially rent out an entire server, or build your own in your own space and use that to run your website and online business.
Here is everything you need to know about web hosting. We have listed the best web hosting in India below. Check them out and find the one that best suits your needs.
Top Picks – Best Web Hosting in India
Best Overall – Hostinger
Value for Money – A2 Hosting
Cheapest Hosting – iPage
Best Web Hosting in India – Reviewed 2022
|S. No.||Web Hosting Service|
Hostinger is one of the OG web hosting services available in the market. They started out in 2007 as a free web hosting service, and have since become one of the biggest and best web hosting in India and the world. They provide high-quality hosting at a very reasonable price. If you are looking to upgrade, Hostinger might just be the thing.
Hostinger provides incredibly well-tuned servers with high-potential and fast load times. Their free website builder and free domain proves really helpful to new users. However, they do have some limitations. They have very limited features on their budget plans which can really hamper the potential of your website. You can always opt for the premium version, but that is obviously more expensive than the less feature-full ones.
Hostinger offers some of the best prices out there for any web hosting service. You can even get more discounts if you subscribe to their services for a longer time.
- Easy to set up
- WordPress support
- 24/7 chat support
- Scalable plans
- User-friendly control panel
- Money back guarantee
- 99.9% uptime
- Limited support
Bluehost is one of the biggest names in the web hosting space. They also offer some of the best web hosting plans for businesses to use from. If you are new to web hosting, Bluehost is literally one of the best services we have come across, perfect if you are just starting out your own website or online business. They offer some of the best hosting plans and make sure all your needs are accommodated.
Since Bluehost is designed with beginners in mind, it offers increased control while removing a lot of the responsibilities from your shoulders. It offers a massive knowledge base for new users to learn all there is to know about web or VPS hosting, making it easier for newbies to work with the system.
With a brilliant customer support team, multi-server management, and comprehensive guides around web hosting, Bluehost prices are rather straightforward. They do not ask a premium, and for the price they ask, the features you get are more than enough. They even provide a free domain name for just signing up.
- Solid uptime
- Cheap initial term
- Generous storage
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Speed could be better
- Only US servers
One of the biggest names in the web hosting scene, and easily one of the best web hosting in India, Hostgator has amassed a huge following with its loyal customer base. Their plans are top-notch, offering really potent servers while asking for a rather nominal price. What Hostgator does best is with their customer support. They realize that web hosting is generally used by new and growing businesses, folks who might not know how to use web hosting or a VPS to its full potential. Their customer care proves top-notch help for newbies and a stepping stone into the world of hosting.
Hostgator offers plans at reasonable prices. They might be a little more than the others available over the internet, but for the features they offer, HostGator proves to be an excellent service.
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Host unlimited domains
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- cPanel interface
- 99.9% uptime
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Not the most economical option for business hosting
- Slow customer support
iPage was founded in 1998 as a full web service provider. The company has helped millions of users launch their online businesses and remains one of the most trusted web hosting service in the world today. Though they re-launched themselves as a web hosting provider in 2009, they have allowed a lot of customers reach a steady web presence with their range of affordable yet feature-full web hosting services. They have kept their subscription prices low and maintained a brilliant customer support system.
If you are looking for a reliable web hosting service in India, iPage could be the way to go.
iPage is actually one of the cheapest web hosting services you can find online. Its low prices coupled with excellent support from their end allows iPage to remain one of the best web hosting in India.
- Discount sale prices
- Host unlimited sites
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- User-friendly graphic based control panel
- Free security suite
- Two website builders available
- Multiple domain hosting process not as easy as before.
- Occasional upselling
InMotion actually specializes in VPS hosting. InMotion is one of the few services that has some incredible features if you wish to use their VPS hosting services. Their plans are well-priced and come as two options. You can either choose their cloud hosting, or their web hosting services. For developers and website managers, they offer even more control over the server. With a brilliant set of high-quality hardware, you can be sure InMotion provides you with high customizability, full root access, and a 99.9% uptime.
They also offer resource monitoring dashboard, unlimited domains, email accounts, and free site migrations.
InMotion’s plans are ideal for business owners. They are too heavy on the pocket, and manage to provide some of the best web hosting features out there. They offer free server management, updates, and more.
- No bandwidth limitation
- Easy to use
- Good customer support
- UltraStack infrastructure
- Managed & unmanaged plans
- cPanel & WHM tools
- Web design services
- Free SSL certificates
- No free backups
- Missing advanced features
One of the biggest web hosting services, especially in the U.S. market, GreenGeeks has an incredibly reliable platform. Best known for their WordPress hosting, they offer enhanced security, free CDN, free site migration, and even allows you to choose between the 5 different data center locations. Their price range is also really reasonable while providing a lot of discounts to new users. One of their USPs is that that they aim to be as environmentally friendly as possible. They offer great hosting plans for everyone from beginners to large organizations. If you want an affordable web host that includes plenty of features, GreekGeeks is the way to go.
Not the cheapest web hosting by any margin, but GreekGeeks really pushes the envelope when it comes to getting the most done in the least amount of money.
- Eco-friendly Hosting
- Free Domain Name
- Great customer support
- 1-click WordPress install
- Free SSL, CDN, and Website Backups
- Built-in Performance Tools
- Customer support is not the best
GoDaddy is one of the very well known web hosting service. Also, it is literally one of the best web hosting in India. They boast really high prices and expensive security options, but GoDaddy still remains one of the most high functioning web hosting service out there. If you want an easy and flushed out interface, GoDaddy might be the way to go. Their high performing servers allow your website to really scale up within a rather secure environment. Yes, you might pay a premium for their service, but it all comes out to be worth it by the end. Also kudos to their customer support team for being ready with all queries whenever you want their help.
GoDaddy is actually a premium web hosting platform. You can expect high prices, but for that you are guaranteed to receive a great amount of potential from your server.
- Modern and easy to use interface
- Generous server resources
- Free domain is included
- Servers location choice in the US, Europe, and Asia
- Fast and reliable server performance
- Prices could be lower
- Security measures are lacking
8. A2 Hosting
A2 web hosting has been around for quite some time. Even then a lot of people remain relatively unaware of its potential. They are most well known when it comes to loading speeds and up-time. From what we have seen, A2 delivers some of the fastest server speeds in the web hosting market. With its reliable potential, A2 remains one of the best web hosting in India. Their prices are relatively cheap during your initial time with it, but renewal prices can really scale up as you keep using their services. With this only downside, we believe A2 has the potential to be a highly reliable and functional web hosting service.
A2 Hosting Price
A2 hosting has been around for a very long time. This has allowed them to set up their plans according to users’ needs while making sure they get enough features to make use of.
- Reliable uptime of 99.98%
- Super-fast page loading speed
- 24/7 server monitoring and malware scanning
- Free site migrations
- Content management systems (CMS) and developer-friendly tools
- Green web hosting
- Domain name is not free
- High renewal rates
- Restrictions on the cheapest plan
Web hosting is one of the crucial steps in building an online presence. Hosting a website, you might think just requires you to build one using HTML and CSS, but that is not the case. If your business is growing, you would need to build a secure environment for your users to use and interact with. Web hosting doesn’t just allow you a server space, but also all the features including security and the rest. If you have just started a new online community or a business, it is crucial to understand web hosting from the ground up. For that purpose, we bring to you the best web hosting in India.
Have a look and choose the one that best suits your needs. It might not be easy, but understanding web hosting, its features and its potential can really give you a good idea about how to really scale your online business.