Air Cooler Buying Guide – All you need to know before buying an Air Cooler
There has been dynamic change when temperature and weather is concerned. The reason is said to be Global Warming. But as the winter is about to end and summer is on the onset, common man run towards pacifying oneself from the scorching heat waves. Yes, Air Conditions are the best option to keep one cold and away from such waves but is it affordable by all? The answer is no. ACs are much costlier than various other mediums to keep oneself cool. One such way is having an Air Cooler.
Summers are made pleasant and happening with cooling the air down. But what among everything is the most efficient way of cooling?
Research states that Air coolers are the most efficient ways of cooling during the summers in terms of energy efficiency. It is obvious that most families will go with something very efficient to beat the scorching summers. Air conditioners are first picks for people today, but if you are thinking about something in a budget, air coolers will be the great one. Air coolers are very beneficial as they are very reasonable with price as well as energy efficient also.
One of the best reasons to buy the air coolers is that they are environment-friendly. They do not cause any environmental problems which is a big issue in Air Conditioners.
Different types of air coolers are available in the market like room coolers used for bedrooms, cabins, jumbo coolers used for halls, bigger office spaces, duct coolers used for central air cooling, etc. according to the areas they cool. But the basic principle of working remains the same for all of these air coolers.
Below is the top selling air coolers in India under Rs 10000 which are listed on the basis of their performance, build quality, customer review, and rating. This list will, of course, provide you the viable choice.
Top 10 Best Air Coolers Brands in India
In Summer Season every one is searching for Best Brands of Air Coolers. Here we have listed the top 10 best-Branded Air coolers that are selling fastly in India. Check the List Below.
Below we picked Top 10 Best Air Coolers with most number of sales in this season. you can buy them form either flipkart or amazon your choice.
Here are the Top 10 Best Air Cooler Price Under 10000 in India
How Air Cooler Works?
Air Cooler is an alternative of Ac which works with the simple funda of getting cool air with the help of water. They are available in various shapes and sizes but the work done is almost same. The air cooler has to be filled with sufficient quantity of water. An Air Cooler have a Pump, Cooling fan, and water soaked pads. After the water is filled and Air Cooler is switched on, the fan helps in circulating the water to the pads thus gives cooler air.
Types of Air Coolers
In the market there are two types are air coolers are available.
- Personal Air Cooler
- Desert Air Cooler
Below we tabulate the differences between personal air cooler and desert air cooler
|Features||Personal Air Cooler||Desert Air Cooler|
|Romm Size||Small to medium size rooms||medium to large size rooms|
|Water Tank Capacity||10-30 liters||30-60 liters|
|Air Circulation||Huge fans||Blowers|
|Price||Rs 5,000 Onwards||Rs 8,000 onwards|
Advantages for Air Coolers
We are listing few advantages of air coolers below.
- Air coolers are portable. we can use them any wear in our house.
- the best advantage of an air cooler is their cost. AIr coolers are very cheap when compared to the other options. The best air coolers come under Rs 6,000. If you choose air conditioner its starting price is Rs 30,000.
- Air coolers are eco-friendly. Its working process is very natural. Air cooler flows fresh air through the cold water it’s more eco-friendly.
- Less Maintenance cost, air cooler operating cost is not a burden actually it is very less.
Air Cooler Installation
The portable air cooler Don’t need any installation. You can your efforlessly any wear in your room. All you have to do is filling the water regularly. The window air cooler installed in an open window. Keep your air cooler clean and fill the water as per the requirement for the better performance.
Things to Consider while buying Air Cooler
- The thickness of Pads: Coolers pads are very important to get best-cooled air. Cooler pads thickness is around 90mm will give you best performance.
- Speed Control: It always feels Good when you have too many speed options for regulation air cooler speed. Here on this page, you can get a cooler that let you control the speed of the fan.
- Water Level Controller: Buys a cooler that has an automatic water level controller. So that you can maintain water in air cooler at a preset level and stop is from seeping away.
- Remote Control: This will give you the comfort while using the air cooler.
- Size: The Size will matter for any home appliances. Buy an air cooler as per room size. Buy a small air cooler for the large room will not going to cool your room properly.
- Budget Friendly: Budget is the primary thing for middle-class families. Everyone feels difficult to find best air coolers under affordable budget. We are here to Help you, On This page, you can find top air coolers under the budget Rs 10,000
Tips for Air Coolers for better Performance
- Open all the doors and windows of your room will help to flow fresh air into the room. Placing air cooler at the window will be an advantage and that will help to cool the room fast.
- if any fuel smell is coming from the cooler, it means you need to clean your cooler. for better performance and long lifetime clean cooler in every 20 days.
- Adding Ice water replacement of normal water will lower the temperature even faster. So use ice water for fast cooling.
What things to consider while buying air cooler?
With so many of brands and models available to chose from, people always tend to get confused as to which Air Cooler would be best for their home/surroundings. If the air cooler bought is not as per the requirements, you would lose out money on some not so usable air cooler. So, let us check out some of the important things to be kept in mind while buying an air cooler:-
The size of air coolers
Depending upon the size of the room and height of the ceiling, the air cooler need to be purchased. If your room is spacious and big, then go for a big sized cooler and if it is a small and cozy room, a comparative smaller cooler would do the needful.
Branded or Local
To avoid getting a hole in the pocket, people tend to buy air coolers which are cheap and are of a local brand. But if possible, try to choose a trusted brand Air Cooler as they have higher ratings and usability which have reliable performance. Also, some of the brands provide long-term warranty as well keeping your equipment safe and secure. The branded air coolers do have service centers where you can repair them.
Features to be looked upon
Different air Coolers provide Different features but a must in air cooler for effective cooling should have the following:-
- The water Soaked cooling pads are considered to be the one which evaporates the heat and provide cool air. Do ensure to have a Honeycomb Cooling pad in the air cooler as they tend to provide maximum cooling. Also, the Cooling pad thickness should also be checked upon as minimum of 90mm thickness is considered good.
- There should be a few speed options to regulate as per the climatic conditions.
- Water Level controllers is again a feature to be looked at as they help in setting up the water level and avoid water to seep out.
- Movable air coolers with Castors attached help in porting the Air cooler from one place to another.
- Make sure you purchase an air cooler with a remote as that would make it more easy and comfortable to operate even with a distance.
At last chose an air cooler which best suits your budget. Taking an air cooler which is budget friendly as well as environmental friendly will be a much more feasible option as that would not consume much electricity as well.
After an extensive research and feedback from the near and dear ones, you will end up having the appropriate air cooler for yourself which will make your life hassle free in the Summer time!
Best Air Coolers Under 10000 Rs. Reviews
Symphony Winter-XL 56-Litre Air Cooler
The Symphony Winter-XL 56-Litre Air Cooler is highly popular in Indian market. As per the specifications, the cooler is capable of 56 litre water tank capacity which covers room area up to 119 m3/ 4200 ft3. The cooler comes with 4 Side high-efficiency honeycomb pad with dura-pump technology. When water empties in cooler tank resounding an alarm. It has a 3 castor wheel for a move to easily anywhere.
Bajaj Glacier DC2016 67-Litre Room Cooler
Bajaj Glacier DC2016 67-Litre Room Cooler is the second choice of best air coolers under 10000 in India. The mega size cooler is powerful and covers your whole room. Mega size it means it water tank capacity for longer cooling with continuous water supply system. It is ideal for big halls, banks, offices and restaurants. Comfortable and easy-to-use, it used advanced cooling technology which is cooling perfectly in a hot weather.
Symphony Hicool I 31-Litre Air Cooler
Symphony Hicool I 31-Litre Air Cooler is my third recommendation for the best air cooler under 10000 in India. It has a sturdy, durable, compact and powerful air cooler is perfect for you. It comes with 31-litre water tank capacity to run 7-hour timer. It also comes with 185 W power consumption, 3 speed of setting regulator with remote control and empty water tank alarm system.
Bajaj Icon DC2015 43-Litre Room Cooler
Bajaj Icon DC2015 43-Litre Room Cooler is highly efficient and fourth best air cooler under 10000 in India. A cooler always keep in ventilator area side else cooler won’t work effectively. It wood wool evaporative pads are through a cooling air. This air cooler is made of corrosion free engineering thermoplastic for durable performance. It comes with a capped castor wheels for easy to mobility.
Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H 20 Litres Air Cooler
Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H 20 Litres Air Cooler is a fifth best air cooler under 10000 in India. This cooler has a large 20 litres water tank capacity. The great things about air cooler are portability and compatible to the inventor. It delivers air 1100 cubic meters per hour with a 3-speed motor.
All you need to know before buying a good cooler is here. Check some features that are must have for every cooler:
Air cooler come with a variety of features but here are some of the important ones that can be of great benefit to you.
The cooling pads used in air coolers these days are the honeycomb as they are made to offer highest cooling efficiencies, low-pressure drop and durability. It is important to check for pad thickness also. Ideally, it must be a minimum of 90 mm broad in order to cool the air.
Water level controller
Air cooler with automatic water level controllers can maintain water in the unit at pre-set levels. The automatic controller allows or prevents the water from the connection to flow into the cooler tank. This prevents flooding of excess water.
The indicator on the water tank guides you to estimate how much water there is in the tank. This cuts down the effort of opening and closing the cooler to check the water level.
Automatic shutoff dampers
These shutoff dampeners are flaps that open when the fan starts and shuts when the fan is put off. Having this feature covers the cooler when it’s not in use thus reducing the loss of cooling from the cooler.
Coolers with variable speed lets you control the speed as per your choice and aids you to control the temperature in case it gets a little too cold.
Movable air coolers have castors at the bottom which lets you move the cooler around easily. This makes it easy when you want to drag it from one room to another or change the air flow direction.
The modern air coolers come with remote controls that get things quick and convenient when customising the modes.
Some air coolers have a timer, where you can set a sleep time on the unit. This is particularly helpful if you don’t want to keep the cooler switched on all night.
Here are some quick tips to fasten up your cooler buying:
- Validate Settings and check if manual and speed setting is available or not.
- Tank size and water capacity
- Pick automatic shut down system after certain hours
- Measure and adjust your bed height and match with cooler
- Must check your room size because small air cooler helps only small areas
So, what’s keeping you waiting just get going with your summer plans with indoors sorted with a perfect budget air cooler without having to worry about the electricity bills!