Irons are one of the few home appliances things which are required by most of the people in their everyday life. Because Nobody likes to wear messy clothes in their office, home, etc. So, In this post, I will provide you a complete guide from “what is steam iron?” To “how to choose the best steam Iron?” & I have also listed best Steam Iron which are available to buy online in India.
Working in the corporates and bigger offices isn’t that easy as apart from the sound knowledge and ability to work, you need to be properly groomed and styled. We are saying this owing to the fact that, once you wear the identity card, you are a person who is representing that brand. Therefore, to be neatly styled and groomed, the first thing that comes to mind is the clothes and to make them even classier, all you need to do is iron them.
For solving that purpose, you need to have a steam iron, which is going to provide you with the hot and steamy method to keep your garments and linens perfect and new-like. The steam irons provide you with features such as the leak-free steaming, digital displays, and automatic shut-down feature that might be able to save your time as well as money in comparison to when you use those old-fashioned irons.
Top 10 Best Steam Iron in 2019 to Buy Online
There are several options available on the market, both online and offline, but choosing an appropriate steam iron that might adhere to your ironing needs, might be a bit tricky. Therefore, we have enlisted the Top 10 Steam Irons for you to have a look at and take a really smart decision according to your ironing requirements whenever you want to buy one.
How to Choose Best Steam Iron
Here I have listed some features which you can look into your iron. These are must-have features, and you should have a look at these feature before buying any Iron.
- Temperature & Steam Controls – Before selecting any steam Iron to make sure it has different temp controls for the different mood of ironing. It should also have different steam settings because you don’t always have the same type of cloth.
- Soleplate – It is the base plate made of metal which comes directly in contact with clothes. There are two types of soleplates available stainless steel & ceramic Irons. Ceramic plates are suitable for even heat distribution. But they don’t have more dissimilarities. The main advantage to ceramic plates is their tendency to eliminate static even at high temperatures.
- Wattage – More wattage directly represents more power and ability to attain high temperature for Ironing quickly.
Philips GC38115 is the most advanced model of steam iron from Philips in this list. It is a 2400 watt iron with lots of features like 160g steam boost, etc. Let’s have a look at its specifications.
It is the second best steam iron which I recommend you. It is a 2040 watt steam iron with comfortable design & looks. Detailed specifications are mentioned below.
It is a beautifully designed 1700 watt model by Usha. Its a reliable product with good rating & reviews by customers. If you have a slightly lower budget you can also check out Usha 3412 which is a 1200 watt model.
4. Philips GC1905 Iron (1440-Watt)
GC1905 has 1440 watt steam iron which can provide continues steam up to 13g/min. It is the bestseller product on Amazon India in Steam Iron category. No wonder why it is the bestseller, It just provides almost all necessary features at such a low price.
Super Glide has some significant advantageous features like 150gram / minute steam shots which are way more than other steam irons at this price. Check out it’s more detailed specifications.
Bajaj Majesty MX3 is one of the cheapest Irons in this list with decent features. It came with 1250 watt power, steam levels and operated on 230V.
Benefits Of A Good Steam Iron
A good Iron can save your time by making the clothes crease free in couple of minutes. If you don’t find a shirt crease free, all it takes is plug it on, throw some steam on it, and you’re done. If you don’t have a good iron, other options like giving it for laundry to do it will take a day, and they’re not even consistent. There are many benefits of a good steam iron, let’s have a look on them.
Now, you don’t have to spend for ironing your clothes by a third person. You can easily do the process at your home and you can do it all by yourself. Most of the people don’t realize that it is very simple to iron, you just have to have the correct tool. They don’t take much time, and are ready within minutes. You can save the money, and spend it on something else.
Ease Up The Work
Having a sandwich maker can ease up your tensions about frequent hunger. A sandwich maker can ease up the work for your hunger. Because it is easy to make a sandwich in the maker, then by hand, and also, it doesn’t take time in grilling, just five minutes, and you can have a delicious sandwich. Operating a sandwich maker is easy, and a 5 year old can do it. They sure as hell make the work easy.
These steam irons can save whole lot of time, because with the help of them you can crease free your clothes in matter of time. You just have to plug it in, add some water in the tank, and after couple of minutes, you can glide it off on your clothes, without any damage. Steam works fine on clothes, and you will see crease going plain.Sometimes it happens that the person you assigned for doing ironing, may get late, or do unsatisfactory job. This can ruin your consistency of dressing, or you could miss your favorite shirt to wear on special day.
A good steam iron will be efficient, and reliable. It won’t get faulty, even if it gets, it should have a warranty period. A good iron, will make your cloth go crease free in couple of minutes with no leakage of water. The function of a steam iron will be smooth, glitch free. It won’t take much of electricity. Investing on a good iron is must, because you don’t want to get shock, by heat or electricity.
Makes You Self-Reliant
When you have an iron, you can pretty much work on your clothes by own. You don’t need any third person to do it. It will make you self-reliant and consistent. All you need to do is pick up and iron them clothes. You can work by yourself on any number of clothes. If you know how to use an iron and you have an iron, then you can easily make every cloth worth wearing.
Buying the Best Steam Iron for You
Steam irons, in general, use some sort of a combination of heat and steam to iron out creases.
The prices run the gamut from less than 1000/- rs to more than 6000/- rs – the premium, top-of-the-line irons boast of more steam output and some an array of fancy features.
A good steam iron will be your perfect companion if you mostly iron a fairly small load of laundry.
Anyway, this buyer’s guide is aimed at helping you understand the different factors of buying a steam iron so you can decide which is the best one for you.
What Makes the Best Steam Iron?
In an ideal world, your steam iron will have
- a pretty comfy grip and will not be too heavy to hold and press.
- a thin and well-shaped tapered soleplate that makes reaching into those tight pleats and hard to access areas fairly easier.
- an easy-to-fill water tank that nicely locks into the body. Bonus points if it is transparent so you can read water level easily and accurately.
- fail-safe features so you can be sure it is absolutely safe and you can use it with confidence no matter whether you have children playing around.
Let’s face it.
In reality, a single iron box in the market cannot meet all the requirements mentioned above, so think hard about what you want, browse through our list of the best steam irons available in India, and make a choice.
Please look at these factors before buying Steam Iron:
- Budget Friendly: The price is always the important factor before purchasing any appliance. It is usually desired that the product is cost effective and budget friendly which means affordable. The price range for iron is from 500 to 2000 depending upon functions and specifications.
- Brand: Sometimes it is easy to choose the appliance by just looking at the brand as there are certain brands which have gained great reputation in the market and usually protects the product by after sales services. Brands like Philips, Morphy Richards have introduced many models and can be trusted with closed eyes on the other hand certain brands which are not well known offering low price but quality might be poor. There should be a proper research before making this decision.
- User Friendly: The appliances in the households are usually used by all the members of the family and hence should be user friendly and not involve complicated procedures for handling. User friendly appliances usually run for a long time as there is no handling damages.
- Compact: Irons are usually light weighed and small in size however few specific dry irons might be heavy but have specific requirements like ironing heavy blazers and need to be huge. The size of the irons is usually generic.
- Durable: This is one of the most important factor desired in any product before purchasing it. The quality should always be given importance and never compromised as durability is something needed in all appliance as after-all it is purchased by your hard earned money.
Read More >> Best Electronic Mosquito Killers
Hence, These are India’s top-rated most sold steam irons with a great set of functions available. You can choose anyone from the above list according to your preference. For your convenience, I have given links to Amazon for each product. So, you don’t need to search each product just click on the buy now link after the description.
Last Updated on