Badminton is one of the popular sports in India. This is because the necessary equipment is relatively cheap and this sport can be practiced in all seasons and doesn’t require much space.
But one thing that any badminton lover need is the quality of the equipment be it rackets or shuttlecocks. The right selection of badminton and shuttlecocks can have a huge impact on the game. Hence, you should not compromise on the quality of these equipments.
For all the badminton lovers, Khojdeal Sport Experts have listed the best shuttlecocks in India from popular brands like Yonex, Li-Ning Victor and more. We shared 2 separate tables for feather shuttlecocks and nylon shuttlecocks. We’ve also shared our review after comparing 10 shuttlecock models with each other from different price ranges.
In addition, we’ve also shared a shuttlecock buying guide that will help you choose the best shuttlecock for your badminton game.
Best Feather Shuttlecocks in India
A feather shuttlecock consists of goose feathers set in a cork base. Feather shuttlecocks have a softer, lighter cork which enables a slower game pace.
The shuttlecocks are very sensitive to damage to the individual springs and even small damage can change the flight characteristics of the shuttlecock. The consumption is therefore very high.
During a competitive game (by professionals) about 6-12 shuttlecocks are usually used in a double game and 3-6 shuttlecocks in a single game. Feather shuttlecocks are produced in accordance with the standard in white color.
Best Nylon Shuttlecocks in India
Nylon shuttlecocks are made of a synthetic material and the base is made of cork. The shuttlecocks are mostly produced in two colors (yellow and white).
Nylon shuttlecocks are more resilient and durable, but still fully meet the requirements of badminton. Nylon shuttlecocks are especially known for their durability and can last easily for over 10-15 games of badminton.
They are very popular in amateur badminton and many tournaments and championships for unregistered players are played with these shuttlecocks.
Shuttlecocks Review By Experts 2021
We have tested countless shuttlecocks from the brands Yonex, Li-Ning Victor, Strauss, Stellar and more in the categories of durability, flight characteristics, constant speed and price/performance ratio.
We’ve shared our in-depth review below for all the shuttlecock brands that we reviewed.
1. Steller Shuttlecock : Feather – Gold Series
- Superfine White Round Feather Shuttlecock
- Strong EVA based Cork
- Excellent flight & balance
- Box Contents : 1 Box Of 10 Shuttlecocks
2. Li-Ning Shuttlecock : Nylon – Smash
- Material: Nylon
- Speed – slow for warm training conditions
- Synthetic cork head for the most accurate flight time
- Best suited for training sessions.
- Designed for warmer playing conditions, the skirts are more brittle and aids in the best game-play
- Engineering grade nylon for extreme durability
- In-Box Contents: 6 x Shuttlecocks
3. Li-Ning Shuttlecock : Feather – Champ
- Speed: 76
- Made from duck feather
- Shuttlecocks made from high quality feather
- Perfect for intermediate to advance level of play
4. Li-Ning Shuttlecock : Feather – A+62 XD
- Material: duck feather
- Type: Feather Shuttlecock
- Grade: Training
- Head: composite cork
- In-box Contents: 15 Shuttle
5. Silver’s Shuttlecock : Feather – Ascot
- Made with fine quality round hen feather
- Comfortable in use
- included components: 10 Piece Silver’s Ascot shuttlecock
6. Yonex Shuttlecock : Nylon – Mavis 350
- Material: Nylon
- When smashed, a Mavis shuttlecock recovers in only 0.02 seconds, this performance is just 0.005 seconds slower than a Yonex feather shuttlecock and 0.008 seconds faster than the recovery of an ordinary shuttlecock
- Pack of 6 shuttles
- Green cap – Slow speed – 22°C to 33°C
7. Flink Shuttlecock : Nylon – F1
- Flight of feather and Durability of the nylon engineered together to provide best performance.
- 100% Natural Portuguese cork with a protective leather lining gives a great feeling when striking the cork.
- 5x more durable
- Faster recovery time
- Pack of 6 slow speed Flink Shuttlecocks
Shuttlecock Buying Guide
The aim of Khojdeal.com is to provide transparent and independent advice to help you choose the right badminton shuttlecock. Therefore, in addition to the shuttlecock reviews, we are also sharing this small shuttlecock buying guide with you.
Not all shuttlecocks are the same and if you want to find the right shuttlecock, you should consider some information. This buying guide gives you important information about badminton shuttlecocks.
1. Shuttlecock Type & Material
The right selection of shuttlecocks can have a huge impact on the game. All badminton shuttlecocks from our comparison are either Feather or Nylon.
There is also a difference in the composition of the head material. The best badminton shuttlecocks have a head made of particularly durable natural cork. But there are also shuttlecocks with a very robust carbon fiber head.
2. Shuttlecock Speed
After selecting the type of shuttlecock you want to go for, now is the time to check the speed ratings of the shuttlecock.
Shuttlecock speed ranges from 75 to 80, where, 75 being the slowest and 80 being the quickest. But, shuttlecock speed also depends under different conditions.
To check the speed of the shuttles, you need to check the round sticker on the bottom of the shuttlecock tube.
If you are a hobby player or if you want to teach your children to play badminton, you should choose slow shuttlecocks. However, if you regularly play in a club and in tournament matches, then fast badminton shuttlecocks are suitable for you.
Whether you are a professional or hobby player – choose the best shuttlecock for your next badminton game. The best-known popular brands include Yonex, Li-Ning and Victor badminton shuttlecocks.
Loved our blog on Best Shuttlecocks in India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp.