Best vegetable purifier in India 2019: In today’s era, owing to the limited availability of farm-fresh fruits and organic vegetables, a vegetable purifier has become an indispensable kitchen appliance for every kitchen in urban households. The vegetables and the fruits that we purchase from the local vendors or from the nearby grocery stores, have all been chemically treated by hazardous synthetics and pose a serious threat to our health and wellbeing.
These are also often coated with pesticides and insecticides. It is not possible to remove all these harmful chemicals and synthetic substances by merely washing the vegetables and fruits with water. There are numerous vegetable purifiers available in the market today. All these work on the basis of the ozone purification technology and help remove chemicals from the outer surface of the vegetables and fruits.
Are you searching for a sturdy and useful vegetable purifier, but are finding it difficult to make a choice between the multiple available options? Find all product details below, compare the features, price, availability, and the warranty of the top 10 Best vegetable purifier in India 2019 and make a wise buying decision!
Top 10 best vegetable purifier in India 2019
Top 10 best vegetable purifier in India 2019 Reviewed
- No more chemicals and pesticides
- Kills harmful bacteria
- Keeps food fresh
- Deodorizes meat and seafood
- Compact space saving design
- Timer function
- Zero maintenance
- Can be used for vegetables, fruits, lentils, meat and seafood
- Warranty: 1-Year Brand Prestige Company Warranty. Warranty applies only when purchased from ‘EDN Retail’.
No More Chemical: The Ozone Purification Technology removes the chemicals and pesticides while retaining its nutritional value.
Kills Harmful Bacteria: The high voltage electricity generates ozone to kill harmful bacteria, fungus and other pathogens.
Timer Functions: An automatic timer lets you pre-set the time, 10 to 30 minutes depending on your requirement.
Deodorizes Meat and Seafood: It keeps meat and seafood fresh and clean by removing odour from them.
Keeps Food Fresh: The Ozoniser restores flavour and taste of the food and extends the life of the food.
Zero Maintenance: No part of this product requires any replacement and it does not have to be serviced either.
Compact Design: It comes in a compact space-saving design, can be easily mounted on a wall or placed on a counter. Also, it is portable and hence convenient to use.
- Input Voltage: 230V AC 50/50 Hz
- Rated Power Consumption: 13 Watts
- Timer Options: 15 mins/ 30 mins
- Ozone Output: 200 mg/hour
- Noise: Less than 45db
- Output Air Pressure: > = 0.15 kg/cm 2
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 40° C
- Dimensions: L260 W145 H150 (mm)
- Net Weight: 1723 gms
- Compact Design
- Ozone Disinfection Technology
- Cleans Meat and Sea Food
- Maintains Freshness of Food Items
- No Consumables Required
Ozone Disinfection Technology: KENT Counter-Top Vegetable and Fruit Cleaner use ozone disinfection technology, which effectively kills bacteria, viruses and other pathogens. The unique technology also reduced the level of chemicals present in fruits and vegetables.
No Consumables Required: The smart appliance doesn’t need any consumables to operate, thereby reducing the cost of repair and maintenance. The reason is the appliance uses oxygen present in the environment to produce ozone.
Oxidizes Residual Chemicals: KENT Counter-Top Vegetable and Fruit Cleaner effectively oxidize residual chemicals from the surface of fruits and vegetables using the ozone disinfection technology.
Maintain Freshness of Food Items: The smart kitchen appliance cleans hormones from the surface of food items to keep them fresh for a long period of time.
Space Saving Design: The smart kitchen appliance has a stylish wall-mountable design, which saves counter-space for the convenience of the users.
- 2 in 1 – Integrated water plus fruit and veg purifier
- Advanced 6 Stage purification technology
- Mineral RO+UV cartridge: Mineral cartridge adds back essential minerals
- Double purity lock
- Warranty: 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- Power: 48 watts
- Operating Voltage: 100 – 240 volts
- Up to 2x better pesticide removal
- 8-litre storage capacity
- Auto shut-off
- Advanced alert system
- Dimensions (Width X Depth X Height): 410 mm X 340 mm X 635 mm
- Weight (Complete Unit) 11.6 Kg
- Flow Rate Up to 10-12 LPH
- Storage Tank Capacity: 8 Litres
- Pressure Rating: 10-30 PSI
- Input Voltage: 100-240Va.c.
- Length of Power Cord: 1.5 metres
Integrated Water Plus Fruit and Veg Purifier: This purifier comes with RO + UV/MF water purification technology along with unique fruit and veg purifier that ensures safe and healthy fruits and veggies for your loved ones.
Up to 2x Better Pesticide Removal: Effectively removes up to 2 times more pesticides from the surface of fruits and vegetables using the innovative oxyblast technology, in comparison to just washing it off under tap water.
Double Purity Lock: The device features an advance alert and auto shut-off system that makes sure you never get impure water.
Removes Pesticides and chemicals: Harmful chemical-free water protects your family from the ill-effects of lead, mercury, pesticides, insecticide etc.
Voltage protection: Voltage protection protects your purifier from sudden fluctuations, as high as 300 volts and as low as 100 volts.
Other features: This purifier from HUL is also equipped with other features like – Mineral Cartridge that adds back essential minerals, Large storage tank of approximately 8 litres, Advance Alerts + Auto Shut-off, and Germkill Kit.
- The ozone purification technology removes the chemicals and pesticides from fruits and vegetables while retaining its nutritional value also restores flavour and taste to the food and extends the food life.
- It kills harmful bacteria, germs, fungus and other pathogens.
- The automatic timer lets you pre-set the time between 5 to 30 minutes depending on the requirement.
- It can be wall-mounted and can also be placed on table-top
- Voltage: 220V
- Motor Power: 9W
- Weight: 0.93kg
- Ozone Output: 400mg/hr
- Dimension: 268X188X69.5(mm)
- Vegetable & Fruit Purifier has a sleek and modern design.
- It can be mounted on a wall or can be placed on a counter.
- Easy to use.
- It is compact and portable.
- Multi-purpose usage as an air purifier, water purifier, cloth washing, skin caring, pesticides removal
- Low power consumption
- Multi-utility appliance
- Warranty: 1-year
- Preserves fruits and vegetables for a longer time
- Removes odour from fridge, rooms and more
- Purifies fruits and vegetables
- Disinfects and deodorizes chicken, fish and other meat products
- Very low power consumption
- 4 diffuser stones and one big 6.5 feet tube is included in the package
- Useful for sterilization of kitchen sponges and cloth
- Product dimensions 27.5 X 18 x 7.3 (cms)
- Net wt.: 0.71 kg
- Sterilizes and disinfects air to prevent infectious diseases such as influenza.
- Water purification: Injects ozone into the bottled water for 10 minutes to remove residual chlorine from the water and sterilize the bacterial virus in the water.
- Can remove chemicals from fruits and vegetables, hormones from meat.
- All-around sterilization of the home (children’s toys, baby bottles, adult sanitary wares, toothbrushes, etc.) which prevents diseases like hand, foot and mouth disease in children.
- This product is fully automatic and can be automatically cycled.
- It can be used in hotels, high-end restrooms, waiting rooms, KTV and other entertainment venues.
- Rated Voltage Frequency: 230V~/50 Hz
- Rated Input Power: 100W
- Washing/Spin Capacity: 8L
- Water Capacity: 4L
- Size: 420 x 340 x 320 mm
- Weight: 5.6 kgs
- Extremely effective on pesticides, bacteria and other harmful germs & viruses
- Preserves nutrition value and freshness of food
- Sterilizes kitchen utensils
- Makes use of an electronic Ozone generator to produce powerful oxidizing ozone
- Effectively oxidizes residual chemicals and bacteria from the surface of vegetables and fruits
- Helps in cleaning antibiotics and hormones that invariably remain in meat, fish and other seafood
- Based on Ozone technology with an exceptional power to kill bacteria, viruses, fungus and other pathogens
- Compact space saving design: The sleek and modern design makes it easily mountable on a wall and can also be placed on a counter. It is also portable, hence can be used from a place of your convenience
- Kills harmful bacteria: The high voltage electricity generates ozone to kill harmful bacteria, germs, fungus and other pathogens.
- Flexible silicone tubes: Set includes 2 detachable oxygenating tubes and 2 white and grey diffuser stones for a variety of air, liquid and solid applications
- Extreme ozonation safe
- The generator utilizes an electrical current to convert oxygen (O2) to ozone (O3) and neutralize odours and disinfecting surfaces.
Vegetable Purifier Buying Guide
Easy to Use: As it is an everyday chore to wash the vegetables and fruits before consumption, you will be using your vegetable purifier at least once every day, if not more. There is absolutely no use buying a vegetable purifier that consumes a lot of your time and energy in the purification process. You must necessarily buy a vegetable cleaner that does not require much manual intervention and is a breeze to use.
Placement: A few vegetable purifiers are designed to be used as a countertop kitchen appliance while some brands also manufacture vegetable purifiers that can be hanged on the wall to keep the countertop clutter-free. Decide upon a suitable place for your vegetable purifier – whether on the countertop or on the kitchen wall and then make a final decision.
Timer: Most vegetable cleaners come fitted with timers ranging from 5 to 45 minutes. Depending upon your requirement, you can set the timer to a suitable value and ensure that the vegetable purifier automatically ceases to work after the timer goes off! The vegetable purifiers with automatic timers are definitely more efficient to use as compared to the others.
Storage: Some vegetable purifiers have inbuilt space to hold the vegetables and fruits during the purification process while most others require the vegetable or fruits that are to be cleaned to be kept in a separate bowl outside of the vegetable purifier. Although the vegetable purifiers that offer storage space are bulkier than the others, these can also be used to store fruits and vegetables even after the purification process has been completed.
Multipurpose: Certain vegetable purifiers can also be used to detoxify lentils, meat, and seafood as well apart from vegetables and fruits. Although these multipurpose vegetable purifiers are a bit costlier, they are surely worth their price!
Design: Always choose a sleek and compact design vegetable purifier if you have a small kitchen or a limited space. Also, ensure that the vegetable purifier that you opt for is light in weight and portable. You may also choose the vegetable purifier whose colour and design match well with the interiors of your kitchen.
Brand: A branded vegetable purifier is not only a good quality product but also comes along with exceptional after-sales customer support. Spare parts and accessories of all branded vegetable purifiers are easily available as compared to the others. Also, most brands are offering free installation for their vegetable purifiers. This will save you the money that you would have had to otherwise pay for its fitting.
Benefits of using a Vegetable Purifier
Absolutely Safe: The vegetable purifiers work on the ozone disinfection technique where Ozone (O3), which is a powerful oxidizing agent is used to oxidize all bacteria, pesticides, and pathogens that may be present on the surface of the vegetables and fruits. This process does no harm to the vegetables and fruits and is 100% safe.
Time efficient: The vegetable purifiers takes no more than 5 to 45 minutes (depending upon your quantity and the capacity of the vegetable purifier) to purify the vegetables and fruits. It is a quick and time-efficient process.
Removes Chemicals and Pesticides: The ozone purification technology removes all pesticides, insecticides, synthetic substances, and harmful chemicals only from the surface of the vegetables and fruits. In this process, these vegetable purifiers retain the nutritional value of the product and restore its flavours and taste.
Kills Harmful Bacteria: The high voltage electricity supply in the vegetable purifiers generates ozone that kills all harmful bacteria, germs, fungus, and other pathogens from the vegetables and fruits.
Removes Antibiotics and Hormones: The vegetable purifiers offer an easy and effective way to purify everything that we consume on a daily basis. They also help clean antibiotics and hormones from meat, fish, and seafood.
Keeps Food Fresh: As these vegetable purifiers effectively remove every single containment from the food, the vegetables and fruits that have been ozonized by the vegetable purifiers remain fresh for a longer period of time.
Zero Maintenance: Vegetable purifiers are simple kitchen appliances and there is no part that may require replacement or frequent service. Thus, all vegetable purifiers are zero maintenance products.
Also Purifies Water: The water used during the vegetable purification process also gets detoxified and can be used to take bath. This ozonized water is also suitable for athletes as it helps control and prevents ringworms of nails.
Easy to Use: The vegetable purifiers are quite easy to use and can be conveniently operated by people of all ages. These help you maintain good health and keep you away from medical conditions like blood pressure, diabetes, gallstones, stomach infections, vomiting, nausea, dialarhoea, dizziness, etc.
Frequently asked questions about vegetable purifier
Fruits and vegetables are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They come enriched with vitamins, minerals and, unfortunately, pesticides.
Almost 99% of the crops are treated with chemical pesticides. The residue of these pesticides is present on the fruits and vegetables when you buy them in the grocery store. The most shocking part is that even after washing these fruits and vegetables for continuously for 15 seconds under running tap water, the chemical residue is not removed.
The pesticide residue may lead to food poisoning, diarrhoea, hormonal issues, skin and hair problems and even long-term deadly diseases of brain, kidney lung and cancer.
To ensure that the fruits or vegetables you eat are free from any harmful chemicals, just follow these simple steps:
1. Put the contaminated fruits and vegetables in a container and pour enough water in it. Put one tablespoon of baking soda in it. Leave the container for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that, wash them thoroughly with running tap water. Baking soda, i.e., sodium bicarbonate known for its alkalizing nature, helps remove almost 98% of the pesticide residue from fruits and vegetables. This is an easy yet very effective way of removing pesticides from fruits and vegetables.
2. Fill a container with water and add one cup of white vinegar to it. Let the fruits and vegetables sit in it for 20 minutes and then wash them with fresh water. This method is likely to reduce the pesticide residues by 70%.
3. Add five teaspoons of turmeric to a bowl of boiling water. Wash the fruits and vegetables with this turmeric water. Next, rinse them with clean water and wipe them clean. Turmeric is anti-bacterial in nature and is helpful in killing germs.
4. Soak the fruits and vegetables for 10 minutes in a mixture of salt and water. Next, thoroughly rinse the products with fresh water and wipe them clean. Salt has the capability to kill pesticides quickly.
Basically, there are three types of chemical agents used on fruits and vegetables – ripening agents, coating agents and artificial wax.
Fruits like banana and mangos are treated with ripening agents, mostly calcium carbide. This is done so that fruits and vegetables ripen quickly, reach the market before season and can fetch more profit. The problem with industrial calcium carbide is that it contains heavy metals like lead and arsenic which are dangerous for the human body.
Coating agents like Beck’s and EPA are used mostly on fruits like apples, grapes and almost every exotic fruit which travels across the seven seas to reach you. The purpose of doing this is to preserve the moisture and the consistency of the fruit and vegetables during cold storage and transportation, so that they look fresh on the shelf
Artificial wax is a chemical agent used to prevent the grapes from getting soggy. The diphenylamine (DPA) contained in the wax reacts with nitrogen in the air to form nitrosamine which is a suspected carcinogen.
Yes, ozone is effective in removing pesticides. These days, almost all agricultural produce is treated with pesticides like ripening agents, coating agents, artificial wax, etc to ensure that they ripen quickly and don’t rotten easily. To ensure that the fruits and vegetable we eat are free from harmful chemicals and pesticides, ozonisers are being used. That’s because, scientific studies have shown that ozone micro-bubbles effectively remove residual pesticides not only from leafy vegetables but also from fruity vegetables.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration formally approved the use of ozone as an antimicrobial agent for the treatment, storage, and processing of foods, including meat and poultry in accordance with the following prescribed conditions:
1. The additive is an unstable, colourless gas with a pungent, characteristic odour.
2. It is produced commercially by passing electrical discharges or ionizing radiation through air or oxygen.
3. The additive is used as an antimicrobial agent.
4. The additive meets the specifications for ozone as set in the Food Chemicals Codex, 4th ed. (1996).
5. The additive is used in contact with food, including meat and poultry in the gaseous or aqueous phase in accordance with current industry standards of the good manufacturing practice.
An ozoniser uses Ozone to nullify the effects of pesticides and other harmful chemicals on fruits and vegetables. Ozone is a powerful and instant acting oxidizer that easily oxidizes all micro-organisms, insecticides, chemicals, and viruses.
1. Wash the produce and keep it in a bowl filled with water.
2. Immerse the air-stone pipe in the water bowl.
3. Set the timer as required (15-30 minutes) and start the ozonation process.
4. When the timer goes off, it indicates that the ozonation process is over.
5. Take out the produce from the bowl and wash it thoroughly with fresh water.
Vegetable and fruit purifiers use the ozone purification technology to remove pesticides and harmful chemicals from fruits, vegetables and meat. Each purifier has an ozone generator that produces ozone. This ozone then passes into a diffuser which creates bubbles and saturates them with ozone. These bubbles are then mixed with water and oxidization takes place resulting in purified fruits and vegetables.
A purifier can be used for purifying water, fruits, vegetables, meat, seafood, lentils, chicken, children’s toys, baby bottles, adult sanitary wares, toothbrushes, kitchen utensils and sponges, etc.
The purification technology only gets rid of the harmful pesticides and chemicals, retaining the nutritive value of the food. Some vegetable purifiers also have a mineral cartridge that adds back essential minerals to the produce.
By removing harmful chemicals and bacteria from the food, the fruit and vegetable purifier keeps the food items fresh for a longer time and restores the taste and flavour of the food.
While the actual effectiveness of a veggie wash has not been tested or standardized yet, they are not very efficient in removing germs and pesticides from fruits and vegetables. Most of the veggie washes on the market include surfactants (an ingredient to loosen debris or pesticides) and/or a sanitizer (to kill microbes). But even if a product claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria, the remaining 0.1% may be enough to get you sick.
Other factors like water temperature, pH, the vessel you’re cleaning your produce in, the kind of debris you’re dealing with, and how much of the active ingredient is included, also make veggie washes less effective.
The ultrasonic vegetable washer uses reactive oxygen and ultrasonic principle to remove more than 99% of dirt, dust, grime and agricultural chemicals from vegetables and fruits effectively and easily. Ultrasonic washers use ultrasound technology to produce ultrasonic waves. These waves create millions of microscopic vacuum bubbles that clean and wash your fruits and vegetables.
The following fruits and vegetables have the least chemical pesticides – Avocados, Sweet corn, Pineapple, Cabbage, Onions, Frozen sweet peas, Papayas, Asparagus, Mangoes, Eggplants, Honeydews, Kiwis, Cantaloupes, Cauliflower and Broccoli. They are collectively called the Clean 15.
The following fruits and vegetables have the most chemical pesticides – Strawberries, Spinach, Kale, Nectarines, Apples, Grapes, Peaches, Cherries, Pears, Tomatoes, Celery and Potatoes. They are collectively called the Dirty Dozen.
Conclusion – Which is the best vegetable purifier in India?
Choosing one out of the top 10 bestselling vegetable purifiers in India can be a daunting task. You must weigh the pros and cons, and make a final decision based on your requirement, budget, and the product warranty being offered by the company.
If you are still unsure and need more help, check out the star ratings and reviews of the customers who have actually purchased these vegetable purifiers. Get more details on the Amazon India Store and shop with the latest coupon codes to enjoy exclusive discount deals and instant cashback in your Amazon Pay wallet.
Loved our blog on best vegetable purifier in India 2019? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Last Updated on