Best Roti Maker In India 2019: As Indians, eating rotis is a part of our everyday routine. The meals feel incomplete without consuming fresh and tasty rotis. However, given the fast-paced life of people today, there is always a dearth of time to make rotis and other food items, especially for people staying away from home. That’s where roti makers come into the picture.
An electric roti maker lets you make perfect rotis and parathas without the hassle of using the rolling pin, rolling board and griddle. This is the primary reason why roti makers are becoming a common kitchen appliance in Indian households.
But with so many models and brands of roti/chapati makers available in the market, it is difficult to choose a one that’s best for you. In this article, we will review the best roti maker for you and help you pick out the Best Roti Maker In India 2019 for your kitchen.
List of top 12 Best Roti Maker In India 2019
Top 12 Best Roti Maker In India 2019 Reviewed – Which is the best roti maker?
- Portable Automatic Chapati/Roti Making Machine
- Light Weight
- Saves Time and Energy
- No Roller Pin ‘Belan’ Required
- Automatic double thermostat for temperature control
- Made of high-quality food-grade Teflon coated non-stick plates
- Sturdy stainless-steel body
- Shock-proof insulated-Bakelite handle
- Multipurpose: Ideal for making Crisp Roti, Papad, Khakhra, Paratha, etc
- The output wattage is 900W
- The operating voltage is 230 to 240V AC at 50Hz
- Makes perfectly round and puffed up rotis in minutes
Why We Recommend It?
Handle to press: A strong and sturdy ABS plastic cool-touch handle, fitted with steel, has been integrated into its design, in order to make the pressing of the plates – easy. The strenuous and time-consuming process of using a roller pin (belan) to roll the kneaded dough can be accomplished in a simple single press of the handle.
Upper lifting handle: The Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker by BAJAJ VACCO is also equipped with a heat resistant lifting handle allowing you to easily lift the top plate (tawa), while the roti /chapati is being prepared.
Non-stick coating: The plates (tawa) of the Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker by BAJAJ VACCO are coated with supreme quality food grade ‘Teflon Heritage’ coating which ensures easy flow of dough without sticking – while making quick rotis/chapattis.
Power-on indicator: An LED indicator has been provided on the BAJAJ VACCO Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker to show whether the machine is connected to power. It glows in a bright red colour whenever the power is turned on and goes off, only when the auto cut-off shuts it on reaching the pre-determined desired temperature.
Shock-proof housing: This Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker is meticulously designed and constructed to ensure that there are no leakages of current in any part of this machine. It is ingeniously created keeping the safety of its users in mind. The electric circuit is designed with a view that it does not allow any chances of short circuit or mishaps from occurring.
Stainless steel body: A superior quality heavy gauge stainless steel body has been used in making the outer plates of the BAJAJ VACCO Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker. Use of stainless steel lends utmost rustproof durability to the body exterior, thus ensuring that the roti/chapati maker remains your long-term companion.
- With a non-stick base, it’s designed in such a way that you’ll be making perfect fluffy and round rotis
- Easy Clean Chrome Finish Body
- Dual Heating from Top & Bottom
- Trendy Neon Light
- Power 1000W
- Warranty: 1-year standard warranty + 1-year additional warranty on free registration
Why We Recommend It?
Non-stick coating: The roti maker comes with good quality non-stick coating due to which the dough never sticks to the base of the roti maker, making the whole process of preparing rotis, easy and hassle-free.
Compact Design: The compact designed roti maker can stand vertically with a winding power cord functionality; thus, the roti maker occupies less storage space in the kitchen.
Shock Proof Body: The body is reinforced with hard plastic and stainless steel which makes the device strong and shockproof; thus, ensuring roti maker is tough and extremely safe use.
- Handle to press the plates together and knob to lift the top plate
- Stainless steel cover of the plates
- Mains “on” indicator red neon light and with mains cord
- Grid, non-stick surface coated with “Greblon Gamma” from Weilburger Germany
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 1000 watts
- Operating voltage: 230-240 volts
Why We Recommend It?
Durable Stainless-Steel Body: The outer plates of the Jumbo roti maker are made of superior quality stainless steel which lends durability to the exterior body of this roti maker.
Greblon Gamma non-stick coating: The inner plates of the Jumbo roti maker are coated with supreme quality Greblon Gamma coating which ensures that the dough of the rotis doesn’t stick to the plates
Power Indicator Lamp: The electric roti maker has an indicator to show that the roti maker is connected to power. It glows in a bright red colour whenever the power is turned on.
Handle to press the plates: In order to assuage pressing the plates together, a strong and sturdy cool-touch handle is incorporated in its design. The time-consuming and exhaustive process of rolling the rotis using a rolling pin can be accomplished in just one press.
Knob to lift the plate: The Jumbo Roti Maker by Jaipan is also equipped with a knob to lift the top plate. It makes it very easy to check whether the roti is cooked and ready to be served or not.
Shockproof exterior: This Roti Maker is ingeniously designed to ensure that there are no current leakages through the outer body. It is carefully created for the safety of its users and to prevent any mishaps which might occur.
- World’s first fully automatic roti maker
- Equipped with AI and IoT technology
- 32-bit microprocessor harmoniously orchestrates 10 motors, 15 sensors and 300 parts in parallel
- It blends seamlessly into your kitchen, adding beauty without drawing attention to itself
- Inspired by familiar cues such as the roti roller and dough ball, it brings you the feeling of home
- Bold curves make the machine a joy to handle, easy to open and close, and a breeze to clean
- Uncluttered user interface: It’s so user-friendly that you won’t even need a manual
- All plastic materials in contact with food are safe and FDA compliant
- Power consumption: 1.6kW – 1.8kW
- Voltage: 220V
Why We Recommend It?
World’s first fully automatic roti maker: Rotimatic is a robotic roti maker manufactured by Zimplistic. It is the world’s first and fully automatic flatbread maker that makes rotis, chapatis, puris, pizza bases, and tortillas in under 90 seconds.
Advanced technology: It uses cutting-edge technology to make the process of making rotis and puris simplified. Equipped with AI and IoT technology, it comes with Wi-Fi connectivity and automatic upgrading to enable seamless cooking. Rotimatic is built with IoT smarts, so it learns with every new roti, gets upgraded constantly, and is always operating with the latest firmware. Staying connected to WiFi gives you access to the latest downloads of recipes — masala rotis, puris, tortillas, pizzas and so you make more than just rotis.
Ease-of-use: Ease-of-use is at the very core of the Rotimatic design and as long as you keep the Rotimatic ingredient containers filled, you can enjoy rotis at the touch of a button and cleaning it up is also easy with two removable, dishwasher-friendly parts. Users can just add the ingredients into this roti maker machine and bake rotis within minutes.
Healthy: Rotimatic is aimed at reducing cooking time and making healthy living easier. Every roti is round, evenly cooked, and puffed with 3 separate layers. Rotimatic can retain the taste, nutrition and freshness. Rotimatic mirrors human judgment to adjust the proportion of flour and water real-time, so that every dough ball is consistently kneaded, evenly thin and round. This means every roti is toasted to a delightful golden brown on the outside while being soft and fluffy on the inside.
World’s first fine particle dispenser: Every ingredient amount is precisely calculated and dispensed; thanks to the world’s first fine particle dispenser in a kitchen appliance – an invention inspired by state-of-the-art medical devices. The result – perfect dough and perfect roti every single time.
Custom Designed Heat Flow: Custom Designed Heat Flow means every roti is cooked from the inside so that they are beautifully puffed. This is achieved by toasting plates that almost touch the surface of the rotis and turn moisture into steam.
World’s first Flat Pressing Mechanism: Perfectly flat and round rotis are possible now; thanks to the world’s first Flat Pressing Mechanism – a process that applies uniform force throughout the roti, while being precise enough to achieve thickness control down to 0.2mm.
- Granite non-stick coating
- The body is reinforced with stainless steel which makes the device strong and shockproof
- Free Kitchen Plastic Manual Dough (Atta) Maker
- You can also use it for beating cream, liquidizing tomato soup, dal, churning milkshakes, lassi and buttermilk
Why We Recommend It?
Granite non-stick coating: The granite spatter coated surface provides non-stick performance and an elegant finish.
Unique curved surface: The concave curved base with elevated edges ensures that the roti stays in the centre and makes flipping the rolls easy.
Durable stainless-steel body: The Prestige roti maker is tough and extremely safe. The body is reinforced with stainless steel which makes the device strong and shockproof.
Adjustable temperature control knob: Control the temperature using the knob for making perfect rotis.
Power indicators: The red light indicates that the roti maker is switched on. The green light indicates that the base is heating, and when it goes off, the appliance is ready to use.
Multi-purpose design: The curved edges combined with the spatter coated granite non-stick surface gives you the freedom to make rotis, omelettes, pancakes, uttapams and much more.
Free dough maker: With the help of this dough maker you can prepare dough for chapattis, paratha and tandoori roti in just minutes. You can also use it for beating cream, liquidizing tomato soup, dal, churning milkshakes, lassi and buttermilk.
- Power: 900W
- Voltage: 230V, 50Hz
- Dual Heating element
- Easy Large Handle for effortless operation
- Non-Stick coated plates
- Indicator light
- Easy to make Chapathi, Thepla, Uttapam etc
- Stainless Steel body
- Shock Proof Base
- Easy press handle
- Warranty: 2-years warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- Saves time
- Dual heating from the top & bottom
- Accurate snap action thermostat
- Heavy-duty shockproof handle
- Easy to clean chrome finish body
- Trendy neon light
- Original non-stick
- Power Supply: 230 V 50Hz
- Oil-free cooking
- Ideal for Tandoori & Grilled items
- Elegant looking
- Made from aluminium
- Toughened front glass windows
- You can grill paneer, chicken, and vegetables
- Shock Proof
- Fitted with extra safe heating elements.
- No Pre – Heating required
- Bakes up to 1 kg Biscuits
- Can roast up to 2 kg Tandoori Chicken
- Can Grill fish, meat, tomato, bacon, mushroom
- Can barbecue meat, shashlik, kebabs
- Can bake rolls, eclairs, nankhatais, coconut cookies, chocolate sponge cake.
- Can toast bread
- Can defrost frozen food without actually cooking it.
- It comes with a pizza cutter, jaali, seekh and 1 non-stick sheet.
- 2-years of manufacturer warranty
- Fitted with an extra safe heating element
- Elegant look
- Stainless steel heating element
- Blast proof
- Corrosion proof
- Auxiliary equipment: 1 grill, 1 magic cloth, 4 rubber legs, 4 skewers, 1 pair of gloves, 1 pizza cutter and 1 recipe book
- Ideal For: grilling, roasting, toasting and baking
- You make items like paneer tikka, chicken, tandoori roti, paratha, cake, muffins, aloo tikka, roti, and so many other tandoori items
- 230V AC – 900 Watts
- Food grade non-stick coated cooking plate
- Oil-free cooking
- Uniform heating
- Easy to clean
- Equipped with thermostat for safety
- Power ON indicator
- Non-stick base helps in making soft, fluffy, round rotis hassle-free everyday
- Stainless steel housing
- Compact size easy to store
- Automatic temperature control
- Overheating protection
- Power and ready lights
- Cool-touch handle
- Warranty: 1-year on product
- Power: 1200-watts
- 8-inch, non-stick coating plates for easy cleaning
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Stand upright for compact storage
- Power and ready light indicator
- Cord wrap for storage
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 900-watts
- Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
List of top 10 Best roti dough maker In India 2019
Find it difficult to knead the dough with your hands? Then you should consider investing in a dough maker that comes to the rescue of people who find it difficult to knead dough manually. Using a dough maker to knead dough not only ensures consistency and uniformity but also saves a lot of preparation time and effort.
Roti Maker Buying Guide – How to choose the Best Roti Maker in India?
Type of roti maker:
A roti maker can be of two types – electric and automatic. An electric roti maker is ideal for home use. It comes with two electrically heated hot plates which press against each other to cook the roti. An automatic roti maker, on the other hand, is generally used commercially. Just add the required raw ingredients, press a button and get perfectly cooked rotis in no time.
The size of a roti or paratha depends on the griddle size of the roti maker. The bigger the griddle, the bigger the roti/paratha. Most regular-sized roti makers come with a griddle size of approximately 8”. However, for making Punjabi style parathas or restaurant-style rotis, a roti maker with a griddle size of at least 10” is required.
The best material for making the griddle of a roti maker is forged aluminium because it is a great conductor of heat which makes it an ideal choice for cookware. Aluminium has a thermal conductivity that is 16 times that of stainless steel. This means that aluminium cookware will heat up quickly, evenly and 16 times faster than a stainless-steel cookware. Forging is a manufacturing process where metal is pressed, pounded or squeezed under great pressure to produce high-strength parts.
The griddle and lid of the roti-maker should be coated with a supreme quality food grade non-stick coating which ensures that the dough does not stick to the griddle. This makes the whole process of preparing rotis, easy, hassle-free and oil-free.
On/Off Indicator Light:
This is an essential feature to have in a roti maker. The LED on/off indicator light shows when the roti maker is connected to power & switched on and when it is ready for making rotis. Whenever the roti maker is switched on, the indicator light glows in bright red colour. The green light indicates that the base is heating and auto-cuts when the roti maker reaches a pre-determined temperature for cooking.
The Roti Maker should be ingeniously designed to ensure that there are no current leakages through the outer body. It is carefully created for the safety of its users and to prevent any mishaps which might occur.
Stainless steel body:
The outer plates of the roti maker should be made from superior quality, heavy-gauge and reinforced stainless steel. The use of stainless-steel lends utmost rust-proof durability to the roti maker and make it sturdy and tough.
The handle of the roti maker should be heat resistant and insulated so that there is no chance of sustaining any injury even when you touch it while the roti is being prepared. Most roti makers come with an ABS plastic cool-touch handle.
Another important factor to consider while purchasing a roti maker is power. The power of any electrical appliance is measured in watts. The more power a roti maker consumes, the better its performance will be. However, higher power also means more electricity consumption. For best results, a roti maker must reach a temperature of about 425-degree Fahrenheit. A roti maker having a power of between 900W and 1100W should be adequate for home use.
Opt for roti makers that come with a 1- or 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. This will minimize the repairing cost and ensure that you get timely service at an authorised service centre.
Before purchasing a roti maker, make sure you have a budget in mind. This will make it easy for you to choose models that come within your budget range. Plenty of limited feature budget-friendly options are available in the market.
Adjustable Temperature Control Knob:
Some roti makers come with an adjustable temperature control knob that lets to set the temperature across a given range.
If you have limited storage space in the kitchen, opt for an ergonomically designed roti maker that comes with winding power cord functionality and can stand vertically in the kitchen.
Always opt for roti makers that have the functionality to create other types of delicacies as well, such as khakhra, chapatti, omelette, pancakes, etc. By doing this you ensure that you make the most out of your money.
Always opt for roti makers that have a non-skid/rubber bottom. This will ensure that the product will not slip while you are using it. By having this feature, you can avoid several accidents and unsolicited situations while you are using the product.
Easy to clean:
Ensure that the surface of the roti maker is easy to clean and one way to know it is by ensuring that the roti maker has a non-stick coating.
Benefits of a Roti Maker – Are roti makers good?
A roti maker creates rotis with finer texture and taste as compared to creating them without the use of any tools at all.
By using roti makers to create rotis, the time required in making them is significantly reduced and cut in half, which saves you a lot of time and energy.
Items made in a roti maker are evenly cooked and healthier because they are hygienically cooked. Also, roti makers have non-stick cooking plates which required no or very less oil. This also makes the food cooked in roti makers healthier.
With this feature, you do not need to endure the tremendous workload of making rotis because the convenience of using a roti maker is incomparable. It also ensures easy and seamless operation.
Roti makers save a tremendous amount of energy because almost everything is automated. This ensures that more cooking can be done in limited time.
With the use of this machine, you have the assurance that your rotis will be much cleaner and uniform because it lessens the manual intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roti Makers
While you don’t need to scrub clean a roti maker every day, it is advisable to do so after other usage to ensure that your roti maker stays hygienic and grease-free. To thoroughly clean your roti maker you’re going to need a bowl of lukewarm water, corrosion-free liquid utensil cleaner, scratch-free sponge or scrub, paper napkin and microfibre cloth.
Here are a few simple steps to follow:
1. Unplug the roti maker from the power socket.
2. Wipe the roti maker with lukewarm water and dry it with a paper napkin.
3. Pour a drop of liquid cleaner on the sponge and scrub thoroughly.
4. Wipe the roti maker with lukewarm water to remove the soap.
5. Once the soap is completely removed from the roti maker, wipe it with a micro-fibre cloth to remove any leftover water.
No, since roti maker plates are coated with food-grade non-stick material, they don’t need any greasing. The non-stick coating ensures that the dough does not stick to the plate. However, gently oil your hands before making the dough balls. This will ensure that your rotis come out smooth and uniformly cooked.
Most roti makers these days are multi-functional. Apart from rotis and parathas, they can be used for making pizza, omelette, pancakes, khakra, papad, uttapam, dosa, cheela, etc. It is advisable to invest in a multi-purpose roti maker to ensure that you get the best value for your investment.
The dough for a roti maker should be a little stickier and softer than normal, so that the dough ball can be flattened easily with minimal pressure. Also, you should neither use stored dough nor the dough immediately prepared as both will ruin the quality of the roti. It is best to prepare your dough 30-60 minutes before you start making rotis.
1. Place the dough ball in the middle of the bottom griddle plate.
2. Close the roti maker and press the top handle down to secure it.
3. Press the roti for 30 to 45 seconds and open the lid.
4. With the top lid open, cook the roti for 15 seconds or until bubbles start to form.
5. Flip over the roti and similarly cook the other side of the roti.
6. To puff the roti, gently close the top lid, but don’t secure it.
7. Once the roti is puffed, open the lid and remove the roti.
Rotimatic, the first robotic roti maker, was invented by an Indian husband-wife duo Pranoti Nagarkar and Rishi Israni on 28th June 2008. Rotimatic is the flagship product of their company, Zimplistic, which is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Conclusion – Which is the best roti maker?
If you don’t already have one, having a quality roti maker around the house can come in handy, especially when you have guests at home or live in a joint family.
For selecting which one to purchase, keep your purpose for buying a roti maker and budget in mind, and make a practical and informed choice.
If you are still unsure and need more help, check out the star ratings and reviews of the customers on Amazon who have actually purchased these roti makers.
Loved our blog on Best Roti Maker In India 2019? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Last Updated on