Even clear water can identify fine particles, bacteria, microbes and other dirt invisible to the naked eye. In order for the house tap to provide good quality drinking water, use the best water purifier. Several models are now available in the market.
Water is the essence of life. That’s why it’s vital that we have access to clean drinking water at all times. Consuming pure and germ-free water is very important for our health.
This is why finding the best water purifier in India is essential to stay healthy and avoid water-borne diseases like Typhoid, Gastroenteritis, Hepatitis, Flu, and Cholera.
In this article, we have covered the essentials of choosing the Best Water Purifier in India and reviewed some of the Best Water Purifier in India.
Read on for everything you need to know about the Best Water Purifier in India. When you’re ready to buy, check out our Top 10 Best Water Purifiers picks below.
Best Water Purifiers in India – Updated List
Listed below are the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India models. Our experts have handpicked them taking the price, features, and reviews into consideration.
We’ve covered all bases and a wide range of budgets, so there should be an option for everybody.
Water Purifiers Review
1. Kent Water Purifier – KENT Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Controller Water Purifier
Notable Features of Kent Water Purifier
- White, 8-Litres tank
- Power Consumption- 60W
- Input Water Temperature-10-35 C
- Booster Pump Voltage- 24 V DC
- Tank Material: Food Grade Plastic
- Product Dimensions: 399 cms (Length) X 255 cms (Width) X 535 cms (Height)
- 1 Year Warranty + 3 Years No Service Charge
- Technology: RO+UV +UF+ TDS Mineralizer water purification
- Purification Capacity: 15 Liters Per Hour
- Filter cartridges: Sediment, carbon block filter, UF and post carbon
Why We Recommend Kent Water Purifier?
An elegant wall-mounted water purifier, KENT Grand+ uses a futuristic technology to provide you completely safe and clean drinking water. The stylish and transparent design shows off KENT’s patented Mineral RO Technology and an inbuilt TDS controller that retains essential natural minerals in the purified water. The double purification technology of RO+UV/UF to remove dissolved impurities such as chemicals, bacteria, viruses and salts to make water safe for consumption.
Multi-Stage Purification: KENT Grand+ uses multistage purification technology of RO + UV / UF that removes dissolved impurities, microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses and salts to make water pure for consumption.
Patented Mineral RO Technology: The patented Mineral RO Technology used in KENT Grand+ retains essential natural minerals in purified water with the help of TDS Controller to provide you safe and tasty drinking water.
Purify Inlet Water from all Sources: The technologically advanced water purifier is ideal for purifying water from different sources. Whether you get brackish, tap as well as municipal corporation water supply, KENT Grand can purify all types of water.
2. Aquaguard Water Purifier – Aquaguard Magna HD RO + UV 7 L RO + UV Water Purifier
Notable Features of Aquaguard Water Purifier
- Universal Water Purification
- Large storage capacity
- Health Protect
- Equipped with most advanced Technologies
- Intuitive LED Display
- Nutritron+, Biotron and Mineral Guard
- Installation Type: Wall Mount / Table Top
- Storage Capacity: 7 Liters
Why We Recommend Aquaguard Water Purifier?
Universal water purifier: Automatically selects the right purification process as per input water, Maintains the mineral content in the water as required by our body. # Mineral Cartridge- Removes residual dissolved harmful gases like VOCs and increases the level of Calcium and Magnesium minerals in the water, Enhances the health of the water by slowly releasing Calcium & Magnesium and balances the pH of water.
Biotron Cartridge: Breaks complex water molecules into fine micro clusters making water more bio-permeable so that our body can easily absorb the goodness of water along with its much needed nutrients, Easy cellular absorption, fast detoxification, improved intercellular communication, more blood circulation and improved oxygen transportation. Healthy water with anti-aging benefits.
HD RO Membrane: Eradicates every trace of dissolved impurities, along with chemical and organic contaminants.
Intelligent Alert Interface: Alerts users and gives them a warning when the purification system requires maintenance or the cartridges need to be replaced, Convenient for customers to check the service life and call for service.
HD Filter: Removes turbidity and other fine suspended particles such as dust, dirt, mud and sand, Customer gets crystal clear water free from any foreign unwanted particles.
HCCB Cartridge: Removes excess chlorine, bad odor, color and organic impurities. It also removes new age contaminants like heavy metals like Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Chromium and pesticides.
E.MLE: Prevents the scaling inside the membrane by removing calcium and magnesium through electromagnetic impulses, Enhancing the life of the membrane and maintains the flow rate.
Unique e-boiling+: Ensures that every drop of water is as pure and safe as water that has been boiled for over 20 minutes, Eliminates all disease-causing bacteria, virus, protozoa-cysts and delivery Healthy water.
Electronic level Sensor: It is like a conductivity sensor and it cut off the unit once it touches the sensors, Maintains the water level in the tank and there won’t be any half tank cut off.
3. Pureit Water Purifier – HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO + UV + MF Water Purifier
Notable Features of Pureit Water Purifier
- Color: Black & Copper
- Capacity: 8 liters
- Power: 60 watts
- Input Water Temperature: 10˚ to 40˚C
- Operative Input voltage: 100 -300V ac; 50Hz
- Material tank type: Food grade engineered plastic
- Product Dimensions: Length 36.1cm X Width 35cm X Height 44.70cm
- Warranty: 1 year on product (Consumables & additional accessories are not covered in warranty)
- HUL Pureit Copper+ RO water purifier provides advanced 7-stage purification and its unique proprietary Copper Charge Technology charges it with goodness of copper. Copper infused water has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dual dispensing system gives you a choice of Copper Charged RO water and normal RO water.
- Unique Copper charge technology charges water with 99.8% pure copper in real time. It infuses right amount of copper in every glass of water.
- Large Water Storage: Stores up to 8 liters, so you never run out of RO water.
- 7 Stage Advanced Purification with RO+UV+MF: Ensures 100% RO Purified Water
- Double purity lock
- USEPA Compliant
- Hands free bottle fill zone
Why We Recommend Pureit Water Purifier?
Pureit Copper+ RO, is an advanced RO purifier that infuses health benefits of copper in 100% RO purified water. The consumables including the pre-sediment filter, pre-RO carbon filter, mesh filter, reverse osmosis, membrane, UV reactor, post-RO carbon filter, micro filter membrane and copper module will not be covered under warranty. It’s 7 stage RO+UV+MF purification process purifies water and its unique proprietary Copper Charge Technology charges it with goodness of copper. The warranty does not cover external booster pump, pressure reducing valve which is bought as an accessory to the purifier.
Dual Water Dispensing: Pureit Copper RO gives you the choice of Copper Charged RO water and normal RO water. Unlike a copper vessel, in which water needs to be purified and then stored overnight in a copper vessel.
Copper Charge Technology: Pureit Copper RO charges water with 99.8% pure copper, in real time. While as per traditional practice, water needs to be stored overnight for 8-10 hrs in a copper vessel.
Precise Copper Dosing: Pureit Copper RO infuses right amount of copper in every glass of water. While amount of copper infused is not consistent in copper vessels as it depends upon many factors such as age and size of vessel, storage time, quality of water.
Intelligent Copper Auto-Cleaning: Unlike Copper Vessels, which requires laborious regular cleaning to keep it from oxidation, Pureit Copper RO automatically cleans the copper, ensuring fresh copper infusion at all times.
4. LG water purifier – LG Puricare WW180EP RO + UV + UF + Mineral Booster Water Purifier
Notable Features of LG water purifier
- Color: Black
- Capacity: 8 liters
- Technology: RO water purification with taste enhancer
- Warranty details: 1 year on product
- Stainless steel tank
- Dual Protection Stainless Steel Tank
- Mineral Booster
- 2-in-1 Water Solution
- EverFresh UV Plus
- Smart Display
- Filter Change & UV Sterilizing Indicators
- Filters: Outside Sediment + Sediment + Pre-Carbon + RO + UF + Mineral Booster
Why We Recommend LG water purifier?
5 Stage RO Filtration System: LG’s advanced multi-stage reverse osmosis (RO) system delivers safe drinking water via a multi-stage filtration method that removes contaminants as minute as 0.0001 micrometers in size.RO filtration eradicates bacteria, viruses and heavy metals to provide incredibly pure drinking water.
Mineral Booster: LG True Water Purifier is equipped with Mineral Filter which adds on minerals in 100% RO Purifier Water and makes water Healthier and Tastier.
Goodness of Steel: The LG water purifier’s Dual Protection Stainless Steel Water Tank, maintain freshness of water and reduce the growth of bacteria and algae. Far more hygienic than a conventional plastic tank, it ensures that water remains safe for drinking with Dual Protection Seal.
Ever fresh UV Plus: RO removes virus and bacteria; so there is no need of UV in the filtration stage. UV Cycle in LG True Water Purifiers runs during the Preservation stage. While the filtered water stored in Dual Protection Stainless Steel Tank is absolutely safe and clean to drink, The UV Cycle that automatically starts every 6 Hours.
Digital Sterilizing Care: LG’s innovative Digital Sterilizing Care praised most hygienic method to sterilize the entire water path, Faucet a and tank with the unique sterilizing Kit that does not use any harmful chemicals.
Smart Display: One can easily check water filter change indicator, UV Sterilizing indicator and water level Indicator from a distance or at night with Smart Display.
2-in-1 Care: LG’s water purifier is also equipped with the 2-in-1 Care feature. This system offers the convenience of a secondary valve located on the side of the water purifier, making it possible to hygienically wash fruits or rinse vegetables with clean water.
Flexible Installation: Available to install, the water purifier can either be wall mounted or can be placed on the counter top, depending on your requirement.
5. AO Smith Water Purifier – A.O. Smith Z1 HOT UV Water Purifier
Notable Features of AO Smith Water Purifier
- Color: Black
- Power: 36 watts
- Input Water Temperature: 5°C to 45°C
- Operative Input VOLTAGE: 150 ~300V AC, 50 Hz
- Material Tank Type: Virgin food -grade ABS
- Dimensions: 36.9 cms (Length)x 32.6 cms (Width) x 48.2 cms (Height)
- 1-Year* Warranty on all electrical and functional part, except UV lam and filters
- Purity through UV purification UV technology: In A. O. Smith water purifier water passes through Pre-filter + Sediment filter + Silver Activated Post Carbon + UV Lamp + UFSS (For Hot water only).
- Advanced UV lamp (ultra violet lamp): UV is a proven Non-chemical, disinfectant technology to give you healthy water. Suitable for water with low TDS.
- Hot water at a press of button: Only UV in India that gives you purified hot water with added minerals at two temperature choices of 45°C and 80°C, which can be used to make quick cup of tea, preparing baby food, soaking cereals, soothing sore throat, etc.
- India’s first UV with night assist: Glow effect guides you to your water purifier at night and makes your kitchen look good.
- UV life alert: Indicate in advance when the UV Lamp need to be changed.
- Advanced pre-filter & sediment filter: For effective removal of suspended solids and sediment from water.
- Convenience: Purified water storage capacity of 10 liters. Provision for both wall mounting and table top.
- Digital: Digital display for simple and intelligent display of information.
Why We Recommend AO Smith Water Purifier?
5 stage purification with UV technology: In A. O. Smith Z1 5 stage water purifier, water passes through Pre-filter + Sediment filter + Silver Activated Post Carbon + UV Lamp + UFSS (For Hot water only) to give you healthy drinking water.
Advanced UV lamp: This water purifier comes with an advanced 11-watt UV lamp. UV is a proven non-chemical, disinfectant technology to give you healthy water. Its suitable for water with low TDS.
Hot water at the press of a button: This water purifier gives hot water at the press of a button. UV purified hot water is available at two temperature choices between 45 °C to 80 °C.
Night assist: The water purifier comes with a glow effect that guides you to your water purifier at night and makes your kitchen look good.
UV life alert: This water purifier comes with a UV life alert that indicates in advance when the UV Lamp needs to be changed.
Advanced pre-filter & sediment filter: This water purifier comes with an advanced pre-filter & sediment filter for effective removal of suspended solids and sediment from water.
Convenience: This water purifier is extremely convenient and easy to use. It has a capacity to store 10 liters of purified water and can be either wall mounted or placed on table top.
6. Eureka Forbes Water Purifier – Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amrit Water Purifier
Notable Features of Eureka Forbes Water Purifier
- Color: Blue
- Type: Non-electric with storage
- Warranty details: 6 months on product
- 1500 liters storage ensures that you get readily available drinking water at all times
- Technology: Gravity based water purification
- Type of Tank: Food grade plastic
- TDS: Up to 350 TDS (only for Corporation/ Municipal water)
- Natural Shut-off: Always ensures ‘Safe water or No Water’ by stopping the flow of water when the cartridge life is over
- 20 Liter storage: So, you don’t need to refill multiple times
- Sleek and elegant design
- No need for boiling, electricity or running water
- Simple cleaning process – hold under running water
- 3 Stages of Purification
Why We Recommend Eureka Forbes Water Purifier?
Absolutely Safe Drinking Water: Safeguard the health and well-being of your family by bringing home the Eureka Forbes Amrit water purifier. It has the top-of-the-line anti-microbe filter that removes bacteria, viruses and cysts from your drinking water. This keeps you protected against all water borne diseases.
You don’t have to boil your drinking water anymore as the water delivered by this purifier is completely pure. This double storage purifier employs no chemicals to treat your drinking water and hence, you can rest assured that your water is 100% consumable and free from harmful chemicals.
Hassle-free Purification: The Eureka Forbes Amrit water purifier is suitable for any home. It provides uncontaminated drinking water effortlessly without giving you any worries. It has built in advanced filters that don’t need electricity to operate, so your water supply remains uninterrupted even during power cuts.
For your convenience, it has double storage units that offer a total water storage supply of 20 litres. You can simply fill up the tank and it will take care of your drinking water all day long. With a massive water storage capacity, it doesn’t need a constant running water supply linked to the filter.
To ensure that you are not subjected to contaminated water, the cartridge of this purifier automatically stops the process, once it has passed its purification capacity; indicating that it needs to be replaced.
7. Blue Star Water Purifier – Blue Star Aristo RO+UV+UF AR5BLAM01 Water Purifier
Notable Features of Blue Star Water Purifier
- RO plus UF plus UV purification technology along with aqua taste booster
- Elegant looks complemented by superior performance
- Alerts like purification alert, tank and low-pressure alerts
- Capacity: 7 liters
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Rated Voltage: AC230V / 50Hz
- Power Cord: 1.5m
- Power Consumption: 36W
Why We Recommend Blue Star Water Purifier?
Blue Star brings to you this water purifier which comes with Reverse Osmosis and Ultra violet technology to provide you clean drinking water. RO + UV technology helps in removing impurities and germs from the water you drink and provide you clean drinking water all the time. The water purifier is a combination of elegant looks combined with performance. The water purifier from Blue Star can contain up to 7 liters of water at a time.
Compact Design: The water purifier features a compact design with touch buttons for power. It also comes with a water dispenser through which you can dispense fresh clean water for your use. The water purifier due to its compact size can be placed comfortably in your kitchen or work space. The water purifier also features alerts like purification alerts, tank and low-pressure alerts.
8. Havells Water Purifier – Havells Max RO UV Water Purifier
Notable Features of Havells Water Purifier
- Absolute safety through RO and UV purification, water passes through the RO membrane and then UV purification to ensure absolutely safe and pure drinking water
- Minerals cartridge it corrects the PH of purified water, adds back full spectrum of natural minerals and trace elements and provides healthier and tastier water always
- Flow rate: Up to 15 liters per hour
- Tank capacity: approximately 7 liters
- Revitalizer restructures the water molecules and makes it biologically active that improves the hydration and mineral absorption
- iprotect purification monitoring constantly monitors the purification process and ensures safe water always
Why We Recommend Havells Water Purifier?
Futuristic Design: Its unique design is only of its kind that lets you to mount it in a corner. Featuring a compact design, it comes in a vibrant white and sky blue dual tone colour combination with a transparent water tank.
Best-in-class Purification Technology: 100% RO & UV purification in 7 stages with germicidal UV-C provides absolute safe drinking water. Revitalizer restructures water molecules for improved hydration, alkalinity, and mineral absorption. Mineralz technology ensures pH balance and fortified safe and healthier water.
Convenience Features: It features a space-saving design that can be mounted in a corner, on a wall or kept on a table top. Other than iProtect auto water cut-off, it also boasts consumer-friendly alerts for self-diagnostic, purification process, tank full, low water pressure, and error alerts for UV, SV, and pump failure.
Installation & Warranty: Experience best in class service and manufacturer’s warranty cover for 1 year. Cover your product with attractive extended warranty plans currently being offered from Havells to enjoy life long safe and healthy drinking water.
Mineralz Cartridge: It corrects the pH of purified water, adds back full spectrum of natural minerals and trace elements, and delivers healthier and tastier water always.
Revitalizer: It restructures the water molecules and makes it biologically active that improves the hydration and mineral absorption.
Electrical Protection System: Advanced electronics ensure purifier performs well in the voltage range of 170V – 330V. Power trips if voltage exceeds 330V or if it drops below 170V. It protects the purifier from any electrical damage.
9. Livpure Water Purifier – Livpure PEP Plus RO+UV Water Purifier
Notable Features of Livpure Water Purifier
- Color: Purple
- Elegant and sleek design
- With 6 Stage advanced purification system
- Works up to 1500 TDS level
- Purification Cartridges: Sediment Filter, Pre-Activated Carbon Adsorber, Anti-Scalant Cartridge, RO Membrane, UV Disinfection Column, Silver Impregnated Post Carbon Cartridge
- Purification: 12 liters per hour
- 6 Stage Advanced purification
- 7 liters Storage Capacity
- Membrane Life Enhancer
- LED Indications: Power ON, Tank Full and Purification-in Process
- Elegant and sleek design
- Wall Mounted
- Storage Tank Capacity: 7 Liters
- Material of Construction: Food Grade Material
- Installation: Wall Mounting
- Purification Technology: RO+UV+Taste Enhancer
- Type of Purifier: Electric
Why We Recommend Livpure Water Purifier?
Livpure brings you superior-quality RO water purifiers at the best price. Its latest water purifier named Livpure Pep Plus is loaded with features to give your pure and clean drinking water. Its seven stage purification process purifies impure water effectively.
It sports an elegant and sleek look and can be mounted on any wall of your kitchen. The storage capacity of its tank is 7 litres and its purification capacity is up to 12 litres per hour. For your convenience, this water purifier has power on, purification tank full, and UV fail buzzer indicators.
10. Tata Swach Water Purifier – Tata Swach Non-Electric Smart Gravity Based Water Purifier
Notable Features of Tata Swach Water Purifier
- The smarter way to purify your drinking water
- Sturdy design and translucent body
- Removes 100 crore bacteria and 1 crore viruses from 1-liter water
- Internationally and universally acclaimed for its superior performance
- Easy to clean, easy to assemble
- Long life of the cartridge: Tata Swach has a bulb that runs for 1500 liters
- Auto-shut off mechanism
- No electricity and no running water required
- Total capacity: 15 liters, Storage capacity: 7.5 liters and Purification capacity: 1500 liters
- Available in attractive sapphire blue and fresh green colors
- Shrink pack size: 4
- Warranty: 6 months on product
Why We Recommend Tata Swach Water Purifier?
Bring home the all new Tata Swach Smart, the smartest way to ensure safe drinking water. It uses Silver Nano-technology to effectively destroy bacteria and viruses without using electricity or running water.
The Tata Swach Bulb has a capacity to purify up to 1500 litres of drinking water. The product meets the LRV norms as per USEPA guidelines. The Tata Swach Bulb has been tested at laboratories at a temperature of 25+/- 2 degree Celsius, in moderate humidity conditions.
Purification capacity depends on input water quality. For long lasting and effective Tata Swach Bulb usage, water from municipality supply or wells or bore wells will yield best performance.
Tata Swach Silver Nanotech Water Purifier purifies upto 4 to 5 litres of drinking water per hour. However, the rate could be lesser or higher depending on the quality of the input water.
11. Prestige water purifier – TTK Prestige Tattva 2.0 copper Water Purifier
Notable Features of Prestige water purifier
- Enhances digestion
- Slows ageing
- Stops growth of harmful bacteria
- Helps boost the immune system
- Enhances hemoglobin synthesis
- Strengthens bones
- Increases metabolism
- High filtration rate
- Chemical-free purification
- Copper storage container, advanced fact filters
- Capacity: 16 liters
- Warranty: 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
Why We Recommend Prestige water purifier?
Introducing Tattva Water Purifier-a unique and one-of-a-kind water purifier which is a blend of tradition and modernity. Its all-natural, advanced FACT Filter removes harmful bacteria, protozoa and cysts from the water to make it safe and clean. Tattva brings with it the goodness of Indian tradition, with a copper storage container. Copper, with its natural antimicrobial properties, further kills bacteria and imparts additional health benefits. Keeping your family, healthier and happier.
High Filtration Rate: Prestige Water Purifier Tattva promises an average filtration rate of 9L per hour.
Removes Bacteria, Viruses, Protozoa and Cysts: The filter inside the Water Purifier removes upto 99.99% of pathogenic bacteria and water-borne viruses.
Chemical-Free Purification: The filtration process does not use chemicals making it very safe for you and your family.
Added Health Benefits: Copper’s powerful antimicrobial property removes bacteria and provides added health benefits like enhances digestion, stops growth of harmful bacteria, helps boost the immune system, increases metabolism, enhances hemoglobin synthesis, strengthens bones, slows ageing.
Capacity: Prestige Water Purifier Tattva has sixteen litres capacity and lasts up to 1500L of water purification.
Advanced FACT Filters: The FACT Media Filter is made using various adsorbents (solid substance that adsorbs another substance) immobilized by fibrillated fibers. These small fibers produce a larger relative pore area. The resulting structure gives a lower overall pressure drop with higher dirt holding capacity and is resistant to clogging. This allows for greater capacity and a longer filter life.
12. Whirlpool Water Purifier – Whirlpool Minerala Ultra RO+UV+UF+MES Water Purifier
Notable Features of Whirlpool Water Purifier
- Whirlpool RO comes with a pre-filter that removes all physical impurities, enhancing the life of the RO membrane.
- MES: ensure that the water you drink is enriched with essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium etc. It also helps to maintain the optimum PH level giving you water that is tasty and healthy.
- Higher Storage, Reservoir Tank Capacity: 10L
- 9-Stage Purification
Why We Recommend Whirlpool Water Purifier?
Triple protection with 100% RO, UV AND UF purification: Equipped with worlds best RO membrane, which helps in effectively removing the physical, chemical and biological impurities, thus providing pure and safe contamination free drinking water. Additional UV+UF filter ensure triple protection.
Pure and healthy: pH alkaline water from Whirlpool RO helps balance body’s pH level, boosting metabolism and effective absorption of nutrients.
Smart & intelligent: Inbuilt smart sensor provide real time information of machine running condition. It has inbuilt technology for automatic tank filling which ensure you are never out of water.
Mineral enrichment system: Ensures that the water you drink is enriched with essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, Sodium etc and also helps to maintain the optimum pH level.
Pre-filter for longer life: Whirlpool RO comes with a Pre-Filter that removes all physical impurities, enhancing the life of the RO membrane.
1 year warranty: Whirlpool water purifier comes with 1 year warranty including RO membrane for complete peace of mind.
13. Moonbow Water Purifier – Moonbow Alpheus RO Plus Minerals Water Purifier
Notable Features of Moonbow Water Purifier
- Color: Black
- Enter the world of Goodness with Superior 5 Stage RO + Mineral Fortification Technology to give you 100% Pure Water with the goodness of added Essential Minerals like Calcium and Magnesium.
- High end RO Membrane suitable for water with TDS up to 1800 ppm and impurities, germs etc. as small as .0001 microns.
- Mineral Fortification Technology that adds essential minerals which enhances the taste, quality and also balances the pH of Purified Water.
- Ultrafine Sediment Filter removes impurities like dust, mud and dirt, Adsorbent Pre-Carbon Filter reduces excess chlorine, Superior RO Membrane removes heavy metals and hazardous chemicals and Post Carbon Filter to remove chemical impurities and smell. Gives you pure, tasty water full of goodness.
- Power, Tank Full & Purification Indicators to keep you updated with the functioning of your RO Water Purifier.
- 7L Storage Tank made of World class ABS to ensure safe storage of your water.
- Elegant Premium Black with Floral Pattern and Compact Design that suits your Kitchen Décor.
- High capacity 75 Gallon Per Day (GPD) RO Membrane, suitable for all sources of water.
Why We Recommend Moonbow Water Purifier?
Moonbow Alpheus RO + Mineral Water Purifier guarantees goodness and purity owing to its excellent water filtration and purification system. Moonbow Alpheus RO Water Purifier enabled with its advanced 5 stage RO + Mineral Water Purification gives you 100% pure water fortified with the goodness of Minerals.
If the TDS of the water at your home is upto 1800 ppm, then Moonbow Alpheus RO Water Purifier is perfect for you. What’s more, Moonbow Alpheus RO + Mineral water purifier is a beautifully crafted and smartly engineered water purifier. It is compact in size with artistic design, which adds elegance to your kitchen.
14. Aquagrand Water Purifier – Aqua Grand+ Aquagrand RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier
Notable Features of Aquagrand Water Purifier
- Mineral RO technology
- Inbuilt TDS controller
- Best suited for Indian homes and offices and suitable for purification of brackish/tap water/municipal corporation water supply.
Why We Recommend Aquagrand Water Purifier?
Aquagrand RO + UV + UF + TDS Water Purifier provides access to clean drinking water which is a basic necessity. It enhances the taste of the water by removing volatile organic impurities from it. Aquagrand water purifier gives you clean, odorless, and better-quality drinking water. It can store up to 12 liters of water.
It has a Power Consumption of 24 W. It comes with a 12-month warranty. To get 100% clean and pure water you can trust Aquagrand RO + UV + UF + TDS Water Purifier.
Types Of Water Purifiers
The most common types of domestic water purifiers are Reverse Osmosis (RO) purifiers, Ultraviolet Rays (UV) purifiers, Ultrafiltration (UF) purifiers and Gravity based purifiers.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purifiers
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water.
This system provides very healthy and fully purified water. The liquid passes through three successive stages before leaving the tap: a sediment filter to remove fine particles, an activated carbon filter to banish chlorine then a very fine membrane which retains the remains of impurities. The drawback of this purifier is undoubtedly its low flow rate. For 4 liters of water to be purified, the user can only obtain a liter at most.
Ultraviolet Rays (UV) water purifiers
In a UV water filtration system, UV (Ultraviolet) rays are used to kill the harmful bacteria from the water. A UV water purification system typically consists of a UV light source with an output of around 254 nanometers that can effectively eliminate up to 99.99% of bacteria and viruses, including those associated with water-borne illnesses such as Typhoid, Gastroenteritis, Hepatitis, Flu, and Cholera.
Ultrafiltration (UF) water purifiers
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a membrane filtration process similar to Reverse Osmosis, in which hydrostatic pressure forces the water against a semi-permeable membrane. Suspended solids, bacteria, viruses, endotoxins, and other high molecular weight pathogens are retained, while water and low molecular weight solutes pass through the membrane.
Gravity based water purifiers
Gravity-based water purifiers are non-electric purifiers that use microfiber mesh, polisher modules, activated carbon modules and/or UF technology to remove impurities.
How Does a Water Purifier Works?
Simply put, the water purifier acts as a filter. The water passes through it so that the chlorine which gives it a bad taste, the limescale which obstructs the conduits, lead, pesticides, bacteria, microbes, etc. are eliminated.
Far from being a complex device, the water purifier is an easy to understand accessory, this, especially if you correctly master its composition made of a filter membrane, an activated carbon cartridge and a resin.
- Without the filter membrane, a water purifier is no longer one. The main objective of the filter membrane is therefore not to allow bad substances to pass by blocking their passage.
- Activated carbon is a part that limits the proliferation of water viruses, especially those present in hard water. To do this, activated carbon takes care of removing the most harmful substances from the water you use.
- The role of the resin is to make the water softer and more pleasant for your palate. To do this, it is responsible for transforming positive ions into negative ions, in order to purge the water of all the impurities it contains. However, it is not limited to that. It also changes the taste of water.
Water Purifier Buying Guide
Confused about which is the best water purifier in India? There are water purifiers which take the form of a very precise mechanism, while others are electronic. To get a clearer idea, you need to know what exactly it is for and what it is made of.
1. Water Quality
The first thing to consider when buying a water purifier is the quality of the water supply you get in your home. The quality of the water supply depends on the water source. If the water supply in your home is supplied by municipalities and it comes from natural resources like lakes, river, and rainwater harvesting technique, then you’re getting soft water. If the water supply in your home comes from underground sources like borewells, tube wells, hand-pumps and wells then you’re getting hard water. The amount of total dissolved solids (TDS) is comparatively higher in hard water than soft water. If you’re getting hard water, opt for a RO water purifier. Go for a UV water purifier if the water quality is soft. If you are getting hard as well as highly contaminated water, you can opt for RO+UV water purifiers.
A few water purifiers are designed to be used as a countertop kitchen appliance while some brands also manufacture water purifiers that can be hung on the wall to keep the countertop clutter-free. Decide upon a suitable place for your water purifier – countertop or wall and then make a final decision.
3. Electricity Needs
Based on their electricity needs, water purifiers are of two types – electric or non-electric. While electric purifiers need electricity to function, non-electric water purifiers can function without electricity and are usually gravity-based. Take into account the power situation in your area and then take the final buying decision.
4. Storage Capacity
If you reside in an area that has frequent power cuts or unreliable water supply or you live in a joint family, opt for a water purifier that has a larger storage capacity. This will ensure a continuous supply of pure and contamination-free drinking water.
5. Certification of Purity
Another point to consider when purchasing a water purifier is a certification of purity. Most brands these days usually give a certificate of purity with the water purifier. This certificate is a mark of the authenticity of the brand. It also ensures that the water dispensed from the water purifier is of high quality and therefore safe to drink. Water purifiers usually have one or two of the following certifications.
- IS 16240: 2015 standard covers Reverse Osmosis (RO) based point of use water treatment system.
- IS 7402:1986 /2011 standard certifies that the ceramic filters used in the purifier can arrest impurities to the finest range possible, including particulate and bacterial impurities.
- IS 14724: 1999 indicates that the purification process is carried out through a combination of UV film and rays.
- IS 10500:2012 gives an assurance that the end product is free from coliform, pesticide residues and other chemical contaminants.
NSF, WQA, ISI, and CE are some of the other certifications to look for when selecting a water purifier.
6. After Sales Services
Water purifier require frequent servicing from time to time. Poor after-sales services can cause a lot of problems and the customers have to wait for a longer time to get their problems solved. Therefore, before making any final decision on which water purifier to purchase, do enquire about the after-sales services offered by the brand.
7. Digital Display
Most water purifiers come with basic display for purifier on/off, tank full, etc. Some advanced purifiers also come with an LED display that shows fault alert, membrane change, UV fail, TDS level indicator, purity indicator, etc.
8. Mineral Fortification Technology
Some advanced water purifiers come with a mineral fortification technology that adds essential minerals which enhances the taste, quality and also balances the pH of purified water.
9. In-built TDS controller
A few advanced water purifiers come with an in-built TDS controller that controls the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) levels of water. When the TDS levels of input water are not so high, the TDS Controller can be used to increase the TDS of purified water to a healthy level.
10. Purification Capacity
Purification capacity is the flow rate at which water is purified in an hour. A higher flow rate can result in unsuccessful purification of water while slower flow rate takes a lot of time to give you one liter of clean water. Therefore, go through the water purifier specifications carefully and look out for the purification capacity. Ideally, a purifier should give you anywhere between 12-15 liters/hour.
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Purifier
Are water purifiers safe?
Water purifying chemicals in liquid, tablets, or powder form are added directly to untreated water to decontaminate it. They act directly on harmful organisms to destroy them. When used correctly, water purifying chemicals are generally safe.
However, when used inappropriately or excessively, water purifying chemicals lead to immediate irritation of the mouth, throat, and stomach causing symptoms such as burning and irritation in the mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
What is the RO water purifier?
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water. Reverse Osmosis filtration is the perfect solution if you’re looking to improve the taste, odor, and appearance of your water.
Which water purifier is better for municipal water?
If the water supply in your home is supplied by municipalities and it comes from natural resources like lakes, river, and rainwater harvesting technique, then you’re getting soft water. Go for a UV water purifier if the water quality is soft.
How can we purify water at home?
The following are the common methods of at-home water purification:
- Use of Iodine solution, tablets or crystals
- Use chlorine drops
- Use water filter
- Use Ultraviolet Light
What are the impurities found in water?
Two forms of impurities are found in drinking water – suspended and dissolved:
- Suspended impurities are suspended solids like mud, dust, sand, bacteria, viruses, etc that are not completely soluble in water and are present as particles.
- Dissolved impurities are impurities like pesticides, arsenic & fluoride and heavy metals salts like mercury, lead, copper, cadmium, etc that are soluble in water.
What is the desirable quality of drinking water?
As per BIS (The Bureau of Indian Standards), the desirable quality of drinking water is water that has a TDS (Total Dissolved Salts) content of 500 ppm or less. If such quality is not available, the compromise level is water with a TDS of up to 2000 ppm.
When should the filter cartridges be changed?
The frequency of changing your filter cartridges depends on water quality and usage. If you get highly contaminated water supply in your home or filter large quantities of water, you should change your filter cartridges every 3 months. It is recommended to change your sediment, carbon and de-ionization cartridges every 6-8 months and RO membrane every 2 years.
We have put together a comparison to help you better understand how to choose the best water purifiers of 2021. To fully enjoy the benefits of this product, choose a model of excellent quality regardless of the price at which it is offered.
We strongly recommend buying the KENT Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Controller (White) 15 ltr/hr Water Purifier with its amazing features and high accuracy in water purification and filtration.
The selection of the most suitable water purifier for your home may vary based on various factors like the type of water supply, filtration technology, electricity needs, storage capacity, etc. We hope our article gives you the relevant information required to make an informed buying. In case you are unable to find the Best Water Purifier in India here, head over to Amazon India to browse through the store’s exhaustive collection.
In case, you require any further assistance to select the Best Water Purifier in India, please comment below and we will get back to you with the best possible solution.
Loved our blog on the best water purifiers in India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp.