Here’s an updated list of the best refrigerator brands in India that you can invest in.
Bosch is a German multinational engineering and technology company that provides intelligent, reliable, and appealing solutions to make life a bit easier every day. This accentuates Bosch’s determination to create home appliances that always serves a purpose. Refrigerators from Bosch combine plenty of space for fresh foods with high-quality design.
BPL is an Indian brand that believes in bettering lives with the marriage of creativity and technology. The brand develops world-class products and revolutionises Indian homes with high quality, elegant designs and superior technology. While their product quality is at par with world-leading brands, their price is within the reach of the common man.
Godrej, an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, is one of the largest players in the Home Appliances segment in India. They have always delighted the consumer with innovative, relevant and green technologies. In 1958, Godrej was the first Indian brand to start manufacturing refrigerators.
Haier is a Chinese collective multinational consumer electronics and home appliances company. The company aims to create innovative home appliances that are designed to anticipate and meet the fast-changing consumer needs.
Hitachi is a Japanese multinational conglomerate company that develops innovative solutions and products that help customers benefit from the latest technologies. Hitachi refrigerators are built using the latest eco-friendly technology and are loaded with high-performance features.
LG is a South Korean multinational electronics company that has one of the largest and most innovative range of refrigerators. Equipped with the brand’s exclusive Linear Compressor technology, they offer optimum cooling, operating efficiency and reliability.
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational electronics corporation that’s synonymous with reliability, boldness and innovative technology. The brand is constantly committed to making the consumer’s life easier, more comfortable and more fun.
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate that manufactures a wide range of home electronics with cutting-edge technology. They aim to design innovative products that not only enrich people’s lives but also contribute to social prosperity.
Siemens, a German multinational conglomerate company, is one of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies. The brand combines tomorrow’s technologies with a distinctive design to create refrigerators that are not only elegant but also all bring more freshness and convenience.
Whirlpool is an Indian company that makes Home Appliances with advanced and intuitive technology to give their customers better than expected results every time. The brand’s refrigerators come in sleek and contemporary designs and are equipped with innovative technologies like the 6TH SENSE IntelliFresh Technology, 6TH SENSE DeepFreeze Technology and 6TH SENSE ActiveFresh Technology.
Different Types of Refrigerators
- Top-Freezer Refrigerators: This is the most commonly bought and the most affordable refrigerator style. Such refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and can fit into kitchens large and small.
- Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators: The bottom freezer refrigerator is extremely popular because of its extremely spacious storage space for both the refrigerator and freezer sections. Such refrigerators keep fridge items within easy reach and at eye level.
- French-Door Refrigerators: French door refrigerator brings a modern look into your kitchen. Its lower freezer setup ensures large chunks of storage space and its ability to open only one refrigerator door at a time minimizes the escape of cool air thereby improving efficiency. French door refrigerators come in 3-, 4-, and 5-door models.
- Side-by-Side Refrigerators: In a side by side refrigerator, the fridge and freezer compartments are placed side-by-side. They are becoming increasingly popular because of their ability to access the freezer and fridge section with equal ease.
- Built-in Refrigerators: Built-in refrigerators have the ability to align with the kitchen cabinets. They are suitable for niche sizes of 88 – 178 cm and they are available with fixed or sliding doors, or with décor panels. Available primarily in side-by-side and French door styles, built-in refrigerators blend perfectly into the kitchen decor.
- Mini/Compact Refrigerators: Compact or mini-refrigerators are perfect for dorm rooms, office, home entertainment bars, game rooms, or a kitchenette. In most mini/compact refrigerators, a small freezer is located inside the refrigeration compartment.
How long is a refrigerator supposed to last?
The average life expectancy of a refrigerator is affected by four things – size, type, how well it’s maintained and how sturdy is its construction.
Depending on the size and model, if a refrigerator is properly maintained, its average life expectancy is between 14 and 20 years. While standard refrigerators run for up to 17 years on average, compact refrigerators usually function smoothly for up to 20 years.
However, a good repairman might be able to significantly extend the life span of your refrigerator. When deciding whether to repair or replace the fridge, keep the cost factor in mind. If your refrigerator is requiring frequent repairs or if the needed fix is costly, it may be time to part ways with your old refrigerator. Availability of parts can also weigh into your decision. Are original manufacturer parts still available, or will repairs mean paying a premium for potentially inferior aftermarket parts?
How to prolong the service life of the refrigerator?
It’s inevitable that your refrigerator will one day die, but there are steps you can take to increase its life span.
- Proper upkeep and maintenance can extend the life expectancy of the refrigerator.
- Keep the refrigerator away from heat-producing appliances and direct sunlight.
- Make sure the coils at the back of the refrigerator are several inches away from the wall. Clean them regularly to remove dust and debris.
- To prevent the door gasket from drying out, clean it regularly with soapy water.
- Once a year, inspect the door gasket to ensure that cold air is not escaping. Replace it if it’s dried out and deteriorating.
- If your refrigerator has a drip pan, empty and clean it at least thrice a year.
- Empty and clean your entire refrigerator at least once each month.
- Keep your freezer and refrigerator well-stocked. A full fridge cools faster than an empty one.
- Don’t stuff items in the refrigerator. Keep them in such a way that the airflow is not blocked.
- Regularly clean the cooling vents of the fridge to prevent moisture and frost build-up.
- Resolve minor fridge malfunctions as soon as they arise to keep them from progressing into more severe problems.
- Regularly check the internal temperature of the refrigerator by putting a thermometer inside and closing the door for about five minutes. The ideal range for a refrigerator is between 37- and 40-degrees Fahrenheit.