Last Updated on
Mobile phones have evolved a lot over last few years in terms of technology, design and storage capacity, but battery backup still remains an issue. Given the number of things we do with your smartphones – watch movies, read, listen to music, shop, access social media, book cabs, order food, play games – smartphone batteries just cannot keep up with our digitized life.
When you are at home, you can easily plug in the charger the moment your phone’s battery shows any signs of letting up. But what if you are traveling and don’t have immediate access to any charging point?
That’s where power banks and portable chargers come into play. Power banks are external batteries that are capable of charging your phone in a short span of time. They can be conveniently carried around anywhere and don’t require a plug point. So, even when you’re out, hiking or camping, far away from civilization power banks come to your rescue.
Why a Portable Charger is an Indispensable Piece of Technology?
1. Life saver when your phone battery gives up on you: Even when you are nowhere near a power socket, you can easily charge your phone.
2. Portable: Power banks are lightweight and convenient to carry. Some of them are so handy that they even fit in your jeans and trouser pockets.
3. Classy and attractive: With their sleek designs and vibrant colours, power banks are classy and attractive and not at all dull in looks.
4. Multiple ports: Most power banks these days are equipped with multiple sockets. Thus, it is possible to charge different kinds of gadgets at once.
5. Compatible with all brands: Whether you have an android device or an iOS one, most power banks are compatible with all brands.
6. No Unnecessary wires and cables: Not only are they light-weight and convenient to carry but also come without a messy array of wires and cables.
Best Power Banks In India
But which power bank should you buy? The choices available these days is mind boggling.
We are here to help you choose. So, if are looking for a classy power bank for your smartphone, look no future.
Power Bank Buying Guide – What to look for in a power bank?
Here are a few power bank buying tips that you just cannot ignore:
1. The batteries of the power bank should be high in capacity. The more mAh a power bank has, the more efficient it is. 10,000 mAh power banks are ideal for smartphones.
2. Buy a power bank with clear LED indicator lights. They are extremely helpful in interpreting the battery level and charging status.
3. Safety holds paramount important while buying any product. Likewise, while buying power banks it is advisable to go for those with high grade Lithium-Polymer battery since are considered more safe and stable.
4. For better safety and protection, buy a power bank that comes with over charge protection (OCP), over voltage protection (OVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP)
5. Choose a power bank with a superior quality charging cable. Premium quality cables not only improve the charging speed but also protect your gadget from overheating and power surges.
6. Take into account, the battery capacity of the smartphone for which you will mainly use the power bank. The capacity of power bank should be at par or more than the battery capacity of your smart phone.
7. Go for power banks manufactured by reputed and established brands. Low quality power banks are potential hazards.
P.S. Just a head’s up! If you are flying, be sure to pack the power bank in your hand baggage. They are not allowed in check-in baggage.