Last Updated on
The most sought after appliance for people who love warm baths – including me, the water heater is a life saver. The instant kind differs from the generic storage water heater. A geyser stores water and heats it using the element inside. Similarly the instant water heater works with the element but has a more instant approach. The best instant water heaters (Geyser) in India work seamlessly to provide hot water. Unlike the conventional ones that take a few minutes to do so.
At Khojdeal we provide you with easy to understand information that makes sense to the general public. We listed the best instant water heaters (Geyser) in India with the definitive buying guide.
Everything About Water Heaters – Buying Guide
The quintessential bathroom and kitchen appliance for colder regions and the unforgiving winters. The water heater or geyser is a must have for people who like warm baths. Water heaters are in common use in cold places or the winters and used for washing purposes too.
What is an Instant Water Heater?
An instant water heater lets water pass through its heating element, providing almost instantaneous running hot water. Since an instant water heater has no need for water storage, it takes a lot less space than its counterpart – the conventional water heater. They work on electricity and on gas as well – providing a continuous flow of water.
How does an instant water heater differ from the traditional water heater?
The traditional or conventional water heater uses a storage tank to hold water. The heating element inside the tank heats the water and is then let out from the outlet. On the other hand, the Instant Water Heater does not have a tank. Its heating element heats the flowing water instantly and pours out of the outlet. In other words, the instant water heater takes a lot less energy and space than its counterpart.
Features to look for in an Instant Water Heater
Types of Instant Water Heaters
- Point of Use : Smaller heaters that can be connected to not more than 2 or 3 outlets. Mostly used by smaller families – the lag time for hot water to reach the outlet is minimal. They also consume quite a bit of energy.
- Whole House : They are bigger heaters that can provide hot water to a large family. Their electricity consumption is way more than the point of use kind and also has a small amount of lag time.
Size of the Water Heater
The size of the water heater is directly proportional to the flow rate of hot water from the outlet. The flow rate is higher in gas models than the electric ones. Bigger families, no doubt will need a bigger heater than a more nuclear family.
Based off of two kinds of fuel types – electric and gas, in India instant water heaters are more commonly of the electric variety. Due to the high voltage requirement of the electric kind, sometimes it is necessary to change the electrical architecture of the house. Similarly, for the gas variety, more space is required for the gas supply. Regarding temperature, the gas powered heater is way more efficient at heating water than the electric kind due to water coming in direct contact with the burner.
Instant water heaters consist of a microprocessor that manages the inner workings of the heater. From flow, heating and water regulation – the core processor is vital for functioning.
If your water supply has issues with hard water – simply water with dissolved salts and minerals like sodium or calcium, it is bad news for your water heater. An anti-scale device helps to drain these dissolved minerals which can essentially destroy appliances without this feature.
The drain valves are generally either plastic or brass. Brass valves are way more durable and immune to leakage. If your water heater does not have brass valves – fret not, you can get them changed without much hassle.
Instant water heaters can take a lot of electricity to run. Of course storage water heaters take up more electricity than instant water heaters. Furthermore it is better to look for an energy efficient model to reduce energy consumption.
The product is not immune to breakage or other inconveniences. The warranty should cover the heating element, thermostat, tank and the rest of the product as well. Therefore, a quick warranty check before purchase is a must.
Instant water heaters are already quite small. Given the amount of people using the heater, the size of the appliance must match. A bigger heater is definitely required for a large group of people. Also buy the product which you have the installation space for.
The auto shut off feature is a safety precaution for users. It turns off the heater when the water gets very hot.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Instant Water Heaters
- It will save you money over time since it is more energy efficient.
- Evidently a longer lifespan than its storage counterpart.
- Water is heated on the go which in turn saves time.
- Consumes way less space.
- A higher purchase and installation cost.
- A modulating temperature control means if the flow of water is low, heating will not be constant.
- Cannot supply water for multiple activities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Water Heaters
Is instant water heater good?
Instant water heaters are more energy efficient than the storage kind. The ability to heat water instantly makes them more desirable.
How does an instant water heater work?
A heating element constantly heats flowing water inside the appliance. Unlike the traditional geyser, which stores the water and slowly heats it. Being instantaneous in its approach, the instant water heater is more sought after. Hot water flows out the output valve as soon as the input valve is switched on. Therefore, there is no delay in the output of hot water.
What is the downside of a tank-less water heater?
The main disadvantage of tank-less water heaters is the cost of the unit itself and its installation. It is much higher than that of the storage water heater.
Does instant water heater consume more electricity?
It is far more complicated than that. If you were to heat the same amount of water in both the appliances – the instant water heater will put load onto the system. Essentially there will be a sudden need of electricity because of how the appliance works – it heats up the water instantly which requires more energy.
Which water heater is best storage or instant?
Depending on use and availability, either are not that far from each other. The instant water heater has a higher upfront cost – purchase and installation, but also is way more energy efficient than the storage water heater. Smaller families or a couple of people can use a basic instant water heater. The instant water heater saves time – since the storage kind takes time to heat the water.
Can instant water heater be connected to shower?
Yes, why not. Be ready for the extra charges during installation though.
Which is the best instant water heater?
The best instant water heaters (geyser) in India are discussed below. We have reviewed and researched for the best in the market and brought to you the best out there.
Electric or Gas instant water heater?
A gas heater has no lag time, meaning it does not take long for the hot water to reach the output valve. It also requires more space for the gas supply to be connected. Electric kind is much more easy to install – charges quite a bit. In India the gas kind is not much in use so consumers move towards the electric kind.
Best Instant Water Heaters (Geyser) in India – Reviewed : Updated 2020
For people who want instant hot water on the go. The instant water heater is a must have for people who love to take hot showers but do not want to wait long for it. Khojdeal experts know what consumers need, so we bring to you the best instant water heaters (geyser) in India.
1. Bajaj Instant Water Heater : Flora
- 1 Litre
- Pressure : 8 Bars
- Free Installation is provided by the Brand, accessories are to be purchased separately.
- 2 year warranty
- High pressure withstanding enabling to use in high-rise buildings; outer body material- prevents rusting and corrosion.
- Multiple safety systems for protection against dry heating, overheating and over-pressure.
- Neon indicator for ‘Power On’ and ‘Heating’ – gives status of water heating and readiness.
2. Lifelong Instant Water Heater : Flash
- 3 Liters
- 3000 Watts
- 2 years warranty
- ISI certified
- 8 bar pressure rated.
- The high density and thick PUF ensures retention of internal heat and temperature.
- Thermoplastic outer body prevents rusting and corrosion.
- Neon indicator for power on and heating – gives status of water heating and readiness.
- Thermostat and cut-out conforms to international standards, ensuring enhanced safety.
3. Activa Instant Water Heater
- 3 Liter
- 5 year warranty
- Special anti rust coating on tank and geyser to save it from rust or corrosion.
- BIS approved ISI specification on element to ensure the long lasting life.
- Extra heavy duty element for extra heating and durability.
- High quality thermostat to prevent from over heating.
4. Havells Instant Water Heater : Instanio
- 3 Liter
- High precision pre-calibrated thermostat, safety valve, preset thermal cutout.
- Rated power input: 3000 W.
- Fire retardant power cord.
- High working pressure 6 bars.
- Vertical: Suitable for large wall spaces.
- Ultra thick stainless steel inner tank of superior 304 grade. Rust and shock proof ABS outer body.
- Non-ferrous pressure plate.
- Thermal cut off.
- Copper heating element.
5. Crompton Instant Water Heater : Bliss
- 3 Litre
- Multi-functional safety valve.
- Vertical : Suitable for large wall spaces
- 6.5 bar pressure.
- Rust free ABS body.
- Special type copper element.
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 3000 watts
6. Usha Instant Water Heater : Instafresh
- 1 Liter
- 3000 Watts
- Warranty: 2 year on product and 10 years on tank
- Installation for this product is not provided by brand, customers need to arrange installation on their own.
- High Pressure with-standing capacity suitable for high rise buildings.
- Copper Heating Element : Whirl-flow Technology.
- Leak Proof Single Body Tank.
- ABS material of outer body for better finish and strength.
- Adjustable Temperature Knob
- Auto-Shut Off Feature
- Non Corrosive Brass/Stainless Steel Inlet & Outlet Pipe
- Brass Fusible Plug for added Safety
7. Bajaj Instant Water Heater : Majesty Duetto
- 6 Liters
- Gas powered
- Free Installation is provided by the Brand. Offer only covers installation, accessories are to be purchased separately.
- Outer Body Material : Powder Coated, Anti-corrosive Steel
- Warranty : 2 years on Product.
- Multiple safety options like Child lock, anti-freeze device and flame-failure device.
8. Racold Pronto Instant Water Heater : Neo
- 3 Liters
- 3000 Watts
- HPR (High Pressure Resistance) : High Pressure Withstanding capacity makes it suitable for high rise buildings and high pressure pump applications.
- Maximum Rated pressure withstanding capacity :
- 6.5 Bar.
- Faster Heating: The high power heating element ensures you get hot water in no time.
- Auto Cut Off: Stem-type thermostat and cutout ensures automatic temperature control and extra safety.
- No Back Flow of Water.
- Safety Plus: Provides three levels of safety against high temperature and pressure with cutout, thermostat and safety valve.
- Warranty: 2 years on Product, 2 years on Heating Element and 5 years on Tank
We all prefer a warm shower during the winters. It helps with mood and keeps you fresh. Lets face it – nobody likes to shower during the winters, especially with cold water. The best instant water heaters (geyser) in India will let you take near instantaneous hot showers at the push of a button.
Let Khojdeal help with your purchases – we bring to you reviewed products so you do not have to look through each one to find the best. Our experts are adamant at finding the perfect products and deals there are to offer.
Loved our blog on Best Instant Water Heaters (Geyser) In India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.