With the increase in work from home culture, we have to set up a proper working environment for higher productivity. With multiple devices to work on, you need multiple socket connections.
Thank God! Extension Boards are invented.
An extension board lets you connect multiple devices, all in the same socket.
The devices to be recharged and to be powered are numerous, both at home and at work, and this multi-socket is the perfect solution.
With this article on the Best Extension Board in India, we want to help you choose the Extension Board that best suits your needs.
Although most people choose a model at random, it is necessary to pay attention to the characteristics of the extension board, the use that can really be made of it and the adaptability for your home.
The extension board not only allows you to plug multiple devices into a single socket but also protects them from overload. A power surge can fry the circuit board of your electronics and damage it. The extension board, however, absorbs the extra charge before it can reach your device.
When looking for the best extension board in India for your needs, factors such as surge protection rating (measured in joules), power rating, number of outlets and cord length all come into play. Some models also come with extras such as USB ports, multi-country compatibility and rugged protective housing.
Best Extension Boards in India Price List
These extension boards were carefully selected by our editors after rigorous research. We have included brands and features we know and appreciate from our own experiences and needs.
The top 10 Best Extension Board In India included below are some of the most useful models available in the market.
Extension Board Buying guide
When we think of buying an Extension Board, we must first think if our connections will be sporadic or more regular, how many connectors we will need or if we want it to include the most advanced features. In this section we present some of the aspects you should consider before buying your Extension Board.
Multi-connection Extension Boards allow you to connect various devices in different ways.
Among the expanding innovations, there is the possibility of a USB connection to charge tablets or smartphones.
In this way, by connecting the devices via the USB port, we leave the power outlets free so that they can be used for other electrical devices. As a novelty, some USB multi-connection extension boards include fast charging ports, which is an advantage when we have limited time.
This aspect usually goes unnoticed by many users, but the truth is that sufficient cable length can make things easier in case of need.
In addition, when we purchase the extension board without knowing exactly where we will use it, having a long cable will offer us more flexibility in the future.
But above all, when the plug of our house is far from the area where you want to place the extension board, having a cable of one or two meters in length will help us get the most out of our space. This way we won’t have to worry about extending our device cables to uncomfortable levels.
Extension Board with switch is a model that, although it has been on the market for several years, incorporates more and more functions. If the more traditional ones relied on a switch to regulate the switching off and on and to save electricity, lately the new models include more advanced features.
Within this new type there are multi-switch Extension Boards, which have different switches in each socket, in addition to the main switch of the Extension Board, in order to give you even more control of its use and energy saving. With these switches you also protect children who have a tendency to play with the switches.
Number of output sockets
The number of outputs of the Extension Board is another important aspect for choosing one or the other.
In this case, there are multiple options, from smaller strips to larger ones, depending on the intended use. First, think about how many electronic devices you’ll need to connect to the Extension Board.
Usually for professional use, it is advisable to use an extension board with more than six sockets, while at home three or four sockets will suffice. Cell phones, televisions, fans, lamps or computers are just some of the most popular devices in the Extension Boards of any home or office.
If the Extension Board has a large number of holds, it is advisable to choose one that’s designed vertically to avoid taking up unnecessary space.
The extension board, especially the very long ones, occupy a considerable size on the floor and can be rather annoying, as well as being a receptacle for dust and dirt.
A solution often adopted by users is to fix it to the wall or to another support, with an evident advantage in terms of space and overall order. In this case, you must check if the holes are present, even just one is enough, through which to pass the fixing screw.
You may also be interested in those desk models which are designed to be placed on the work surface and not on the ground. These extension boards are more compact, aesthetically elegant and often available in different colors to match the furniture. They also have rubber feet that keep them firmly on the desk and, generally, also contain one or more USB ports.
Before buying a model, it is advisable to check the compatibility with the devices you have at home.
Therefore, it is good to check that the extension board is compatible with the sockets of the BS 546 and related types (Type D and M) standards. Generally, all the necessary information is indicated on the packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions About Extension Boards – FAQs
When we think of buying an Extension Board, knowing the features of each model will help us decide the best option. For this, we must be aware of the functions we are looking for and what are the benefits of each. In this section we reveal some Frequently Asked Questions About Extension Boards that can help you decide when buying the Best Extension Board in India.
Is it worth buying a quality Extension Board?
High-voltage, short circuits or fires are common setbacks when the devices are powered by electricity. For this reason, buying a certified Extension Board, which has passed all safety checks and is efficient, protects you from many avoidable annoyances.
To do this, it is advisable to purchase the product from recognized and accredited manufacturers, paying attention to the safety guarantees. In addition, doing so will also ensure that the devices connected to the multiple sockets are safe. An Extension Board in bad condition or vulnerable to short circuits could ruin them.
What type of Extension Board should I choose?
There are several parameters that can help you make this decision. First of all, you should ask yourself where are you going to place the extension board and what functions do you expect it to perform. If it’s for an office or a dining room, you could look for a design product that goes unnoticed among the rest of the accessories in the space you have.
If, on the other hand, what you are looking for are the new technological innovations because you are passionate about the digital world, there are many extension boards that incorporate innovations and intelligent features, such as remote control, Wi-Fi, power and load regulation and many others progress.
Are you considering choosing a retractable extension board?
The retractable extension boards are generally narrow and long to be placed in any small and discreet space. They are usually anchored to office desks, to go unnoticed in the workplace. Aesthetically, they are the best option and only show up when you need to connect a device.
These extension boards can also be designed in width, although it is less common. If you are looking for maximum discretion and design, this is a good option when you don’t have to use the extension board very regularly. If you have a device that requires a constant connection, then you should consider buying a more conventional extension board.
Are you in a place with frequent voltage changes?
If you are concerned about safety, especially if you intend to use the extension board in a place subject to voltage variations, short circuits, lightning, fire risks or other cases that could compromise its operation, we recommend opting for an extension board with professional protection
This aspect must be considered, since the electronic devices that you have connected to your multiple sockets can be damaged if one of the cases mentioned occurs, even becoming unusable. In addition, these extension boards incorporate additional protection for the little ones at home.
Should you buy an extension board with WiFi?
Currently, many of the new extension boards entering the market already incorporate the option of being controlled by Wi-Fi. Although this is usually an attractive option for more advanced tech users, you should consider whether it will be really useful to have this feature in your extension board.
Its basic function is to be able to connect a mobile phone with the extension board via Wi-Fi, to be able to control the different connections of the extension board in a more precise and remote way. Some of the programs from which they can be controlled are Google Home or Amazon Echo, although as this technology expands the options will be greater.
Best Extension Boards Review
- Anchor 22660 Spike Guard
- Belkin Essential Series 8-Socket Surge Protector
- Standard ABS Qnest 4 Way Surge and Spike Guard
- Hilex Mini Strip 8 Plug Point Extension Strip
- iBELL 3 Way Spike Guard
- Orient Electric 4 way HT Extension Board
- Syska 3 Way 2 Metres Extension Board
- Eveready SG01 Spike Guard
- GE 14092 6-Outlet Surge Protector
- Lapcare 6 Way Extension Socket
1. Anchor 22660 Spike Guard
- Spikeguard comes with 10A at 250V
- Auto resettable over load protection
- Voltage surge protection
- EMI/RFI noice filter
- Combination of switches and universal sockets
- Can be used at offices, household and commercial places
- Cable length: 1.5 meter
- Number of Sockets: 4
2. Belkin Essential Series 8-Socket Surge Protector
- Grounds AC power with 3-line protection through all 8 sockets
- Maximum Spike Current: 13,000 Amps
- Unique Thing: Universal Socket
- Delivers power through a 2-meter, heavy duty cables
- Connected Equipment Damage Coverage Warranty: Rs. 20,000 Max
- Lifetime Warranty (Max 5 Years)
- Response time: less than 1 nano second
- Efficient voltage stabilizer
- Ideal for home, office, entertainment center, multiple electronic devices,
- Energy rating: 700 Joule
- Provides surge protection
3. Standard ABS Qnest 4 Way Surge and Spike Guard
- Material: ABS
- Color: White
- No warranty
- Durable and Ergonomic Design
- Rating: 6A, 240V (1440VA)
- 4 Universal sockets
- 1 master switch
- LED indication for power status
- Wall/Table mounting option
4. Hilex Mini Strip 8 Plug Point Extension Strip
- Switch light indicator
- 4 yards length
- Input: 230v 50hz
- Output: 230v 50hz
- Fuse rating: 6 amp
- Safety on/off switch
- Fuse & Spark Suppressor
- Heavy quality copper wire
- Six 2-Pin Sockets
- Two 3-Pin Sockets
5. iBELL 3 Way Spike Guard
- 3 way universal spike with individual switch
- 5 meter cable length
- Fire resistance
- High quality copper conduction
- Durable switches
- LED indicator for power status for individual switch
- 6 month warranty on free registration
6. Orient Electric 4 way HT Extension Board
- Material: ABS
- Finish: Glossy
- Color: White
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- 4 universal sockets
- Specially designed to accommodate plugs of different design and types
- Compatible with multi-country plugs
- Shock proof body
- Heavy duty load up to 1.5 KW
- Overload and short circuit protection
- Heavy duty brass contact with hard spring for long life
- Heavy duty cable to carry high current and for enhanced safety
- Energy saving due to special contact design and low contact resistance
- Overload and circuit protection with replaceable fuse
- Surge and spike protection
- Cable length suitable for convenience of connection
- Firm grip sockets for enhanced safety
- On/off switch
- Ergonomic design with appealing aesthetics
7. Syska 3 Way 2 Metres Extension Board
- Material: ABS Body
- Finish: Plastic
- Color: Grey
- On/Off Switch
- Light Indicator
- 2.5 Meter Cord for easy day-to-day use
- Protection Type: Spike and Surge Protection
- 12 months warranty on product
- Power: 1500 Watts, 6 amp
- Input Voltage: AC240, 50Hz
- Extension board with 3 sockets and 2 USB ports
- Compatible with Indian and International plugs & devices
8. Eveready SG01 Spike Guard
- Peak current: 6A
- Color: Black
- Protects the equipment from sudden surge in electric current
- 4 sockets
- compatible with multiple countries plugs
- 2.5 meters extra-long wire with fire resistant casing
- Extremely portable and easy to place
- High in performance
- Safety shutter
9. GE 14092 6-Outlet Surge Protector
- 6 outlets
- Surge protection
- 10ft cord
- Protection rating: 800 Joules
- Integrated circuit breaker
- Flat plug
- Space-saving design
- Twist-to-close safety covers
- Wall mountable
- Automatic shutdown technology
- Limited-lifetime warranty
10. Lapcare 6 Way Extension Socket
- Rated Voltage: 250V-AC 50Hz
- Loading of Switch: 6A, 1500 Watts Max
- Durable and fire-proof case
- Individual switch
- Safety Shutter
- Delivers power through a 3-meter, heavy duty cables
- Power indicator light
- 3 Pin socket prevents electricity leakage
- Compatible for all home electrical appliance
- 3 Year Standard Warranty
- 1 Month Extra Warranty on online product registration
After reviewing the top 10 best extension boards in India, our top pick is Belkin Essential Series 8-Socket Surge Protector. This extension board has a response time of less than 1 nano second which makes it an efficient voltage stabilizer.
Before choosing one type of extension boards or another, think about where you will use it and which devices you will connect to it. You should also consider if you are interested in obtaining the most advanced technological models or if a more conventional extension board is sufficient. Do you want it to have an attractive design or do you just want it to perform its functions?
Taking these factors into consideration will guide you on the type of extension board that is most suitable for you. Other aspects to consider are if you have children around you, or safety against surges and lightning strikes. In electrical matters, protection is always essential. Make sure you buy a good extension board to be calm and safe.
- Made In India Electronic Brands
- Best UPS for PC in India
- Best HP Laptops In India
- Best Gaming Laptop In India
- Best Printer For Home Use In India
Loved our blog on Best Extension Boards in India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp.