If you want to know which is the best Dehumidifier in India, then you’ve come to the right place. We have reviewed a wide-selection of dehumidifiers from the best brands in the business today. You can be sure that in this guide, you’ll find the best Dehumidifier that is ideal for every home and budget.
In the spring and summer months when the temperatures rise so does the humidity. While a certain amount of humidity in your home is preferable, too much can have a variety of negative effects.
Excessively damp air can aggravate respiratory issues like asthma and allergies, lead to warping of hardwood floors and peeling wallpaper and cause the growth of mold and mildew.
Plus, it’s really uncomfortable. Humid weather keeps your sweat from evaporating, which is the body’s natural cooling method, leaving you feeling hot and sticky.
The solution to all these problems is to run a dehumidifier – a small appliance that removes excess moisture from the air in your home.
They can be used to bring down the humidity on sticky summer days or to help with cleanup after a flood or basement seepage.
Top 10 Best Dehumidifiers In India With Price 2022
We have put together a decent selection of the top Dehumidifier in India that does the job better than most. All of these dehumidifiers perform exceptionally well and have various other features. They are also highly regarded by both users as well as professional reviewers.
|S. No.||Best Dehumidifiers||Price|
|1.||Pro Breeze Store PB-02-US Dehumidifier||Rs. 7,202|
|2.||POWER PYE ELECTRONICS PPYZ12A 3 In 1 Dehumidifier||Rs. 28,990|
|3.||BBH Compact Dehumidifier||Rs. 11,999|
|4.||Sharp DW-J20FM-W Dehumidifier||Rs. 34,900|
|5.||Hysure T8BK Dehumidifier||Rs. 8,809|
|6.||Origin O12 Dehumidifier||Rs. 22,900|
|7.||TRM Mini Dehumidifier||Rs. 2,200|
|8.||Eva-Dry E-333 Dehumidifier||Rs. 5,207|
|9.||Tenergy Sorbi Mini Dehumidifier||Rs. 8,996|
|10.||WHITE WESTINGHOUSE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY Dehumidifier||Rs. 29,000|
Top Dehumidifier For Home 2022 – Review
1. ANSIO Electric Portable Mini Dehumidifier
- Portable and compact
- Removes mold, moisture and dampness
- Ideal for use at home, office, bathroom & kitchen
- Dehumidifying capacity: Approximately 250ml per day at 30°C (86°F)
- Maximum water tank capacity: 500ml
- Automatic shut off
- 2 Year warranty
- Integrated wheels
- Continuous drainage hose
- Auto defrost function
This compact and portable dehumidifier from Ansio comes with tank capacity of 500ml. It has a dehumidifying capacity of approximately 250ml and is ideal for keeping small spaces dry.
It comes with an automatic shut off feature than automatically switches off the dehumidifier when the water tank is full to ensure safe operations.
This dehumidifier comes with a 3 mode relative humidity function that can be adjusted starting from low & medium to high level. It also has a fan mode that can be used to increase air distribution at different speed levels.
2. POWER PYE ELECTRONICS 3-in-1 Dehumidifier
- LED Display
- Water Tank Capacity: 5.5-liter
- Has 20-liter daily water extraction
- Oscillating function: between 45 to 90 degrees
- Humidity control range: 40 to 80 % for 280-380 sq. ft room
- Temperature display range: 1 degree Celsius – 35 degree Celsius
- Comes with auto-frost technology
Powerpye dehumidifiers are designed for home use, and are available in various sizes with different features to ensure you select the right unit for your personal environment.
It is ideal for a large room, with an approximate size of 30m x 60m. Also, it has an extraction rate of 20 liters for maximum energy efficiency. It has an air flow of 165CBM per hour with a variance of 10 per vent.
With sound emission of less than 50dB, the device emits very little noise. It has a humidity control of 40 per cent to 80 per cent. The Powerpye Dehumidifier uses R-134A refrigerant which is CFC free, and is extremely environment friendly.
3. Sharp HD Plasmacluster 2-in-1 Dehumidifier
- Auto dehumidification
- Temperature and humidity sensor
- Laundry dehumidification
- Mold proof and virus inactivated
- Disperses high-density plasma cluster ions
- 180-Degree airflow
- Maximum air delivery is around 180 degree
- Plasma cluster Ion Generator with
- Filters: True HEPA, Active Charcoal Filter & Pre-Filter
- Coverage Area (sq. feet) – Air Purification up to 300 & Dehumidification up to 240
- Water Tray Capacity – 3 Liters or Continuous Drainage
- Anti-bacterial and Water Level Indicator
- Modes: Auto Dehumidifying, Laundry, Deodorizing, Auto, Low, Medium & High
- Pre-Filter: Mesh type
- Filter Life: up to 2.5 years (For HEPA & Active Carbon)
- Sensors & Indication: Humidity, Odor & Tank Full
- Warranty: 1 Year, ONSITE
- Maintains ideal Humidity
- Kills Virus/ Bacteria/ Mold/ Fungus
- Eliminates VOCs & Toxic gases
- Reduces Static Charge
- Reduces Suffocation & Staleness
- Removes Dust (PM2.5 & PM 10)
- Removes Pet Hair & Dander
- Removes Smoke / Pollen
This dehumidifier from Sharp is equipped with temperature and humidity sensors that ensures that the dehumidifier can operate automatically to control room humidity.
It is also effective in dehumidifying and deodorizing clothes by using HD PCI. These high-density plasma cluster ions can also kill airborne viruses, bacteria and allergens.
Equipped with three filters – true HEPA, active charcoal filter & pre-filter – this Sharp dehumidifier can collect tiny dust particles, PM2.5, cigarette particles, pollen, formaldehyde, garbage odor and pet odor.
4. Koryo Dehumidifier
- High Moisture removal capacity (L/24h): 25L
- Silver Ion Filter
- Digital Display and control panel
- Adjustable Humidistat RH 30% – 90%
- Bucket full indicator
- Filter wash reminder
- 24 hours Timer
- Auto shut-off if bucket is full
- Silent Operation
- 400W power consumption
- 4.5L bucket capacity
- Warranty: 1 Year on product
The dehumidifier is easy to use and attractive. It makes your life easier, simpler and better. The ultra-stylish design adds to the beauty. The unique features and performance make it a quality product with higher stability and durability.
Filter Wash Reminder: It is advanced and smart filter technology reminds filter wash which effectively reduces humidity and takes off all dirt and dust.
Air Flow: It reduces the moisture level in the air making it humidity and dust free with balanced air flow.
5. Pro Breeze PB-02-US Dehumidifier
- Electric mini dehumidifier
- 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft)
- Compact and portable
- Size: 150 sq. ft
- Ideal for home, kitchen, bedroom, basement, caravan, office, garage
- Extracts up to 9 ounces of moisture per day
- Large 18-ounce capacity water tank
- Auto-Off and LED indicator when full
- Energy efficient with low power consumption
- Ultra-Quiet Peltier Technology (Thermo-electric cooling)
- Compact, portable and lightweight moisture absorber
- Ideal for home, office or caravan
- For use in temperatures above 59°F
With Low Energy Consumption & Whisper Quiet Operation: This brand-new mini dehumidifier from Pro Breeze quickly and efficiently removes moisture from the air. It utilizes advanced Peltier technology which is not only extremely energy efficient but whisper quiet too, allowing you to run it all day and night without any loud or disturbing noises.
Large Water Tank & Auto Shut-Off: When the 18-ounce water tank has reached maximum capacity, a convenient indicator light lets you know it is full. The mini dehumidifier will then automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied.
Easy to Dispense Water: When the water tank is full, simply remove it from the dehumidifier, pull the plug out and empty it into a sink or drain via the easy-to-use water outlet. Then, simply place it back into the dehumidifier and switch it on again.
6. ORIGIN Plastic Dehumidifier
- Material: Plastic
- Size: Standard
- Included a plastic mesh pre-filter
- 12 liters/day extraction capacity.
- Recommended Coverage area is up to 1500 cu.ft (industry) / 2500 cu.ft (home)
- 165 watts power consumption
- 2.5 liters tank capacity
- Continuous drainage option available.
- Programmable Timer
- Auto Restart and Auto Resume
- Digital Display to view temperature and set humidity
- Semi Air Purification with HEPA and carbon filter
The Origin O12 Dehumidifier has mighty high extraction rate of 12 Litres per day so you can be sure that your home won’t feel damp and moist and the smell that accompanies such a condition. It offers you a highly efficient power saving performance making sure your pocket doesn’t feel much too light if you invest on this.
Favourable Utilization: The Origin O12 Dehumidifier provides enough extraction and is suitable for up to 1500 cubic feet for industries and 2500 cubic feet for home and 1500 cubic feet for industry.
The accompanying tank has a capacity of 2.5 Litres which needs to be dispensed before using again. It covers a good area of your space and ensures your home is free of any humid.
7. WHITE WESTINGHOUSE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY Plastic Dehumidifier
- Extremely silent
- Air Purifying filter
- Power reciprocating compressor
- Automatic humidistat control
- Auto Defrost control
- Automatic Reset
- Full Water warning signal
- Easier Mobility with convenient wheels
- Keeps your home dry by absorbing the water vapor in the air
- Gives you clean and fresh air by removing dust particles
White-Westinghouse is an American home appliance brand that was created in 1975 when White Consolidated Industries bought the Westinghouse Electric Corporation’s appliance unit.
This 3-in-1 dehumidifier, air purifier and dryer is ideal for keeping your home dry and mold-free. It comes with an air purifying filter that removes dust particles and gives you clean & fresh air.
Equipped with convenient castor wheels, this dehumidifier is extremely portable and can be easily carted from room to room.
8. Decdeal Invitop Mini Dehumidifier
- Effectively helps remove moisture and mold
- Creates a comfortable, no mildew environment
- Designed with plenty of moisture absorbing holes
- Ultra-quiet design
- Automatically shut off when full of water
- 700ml large capacity tank
- Built-in desiccant crystals
- Warranty not applicable for this product
- Plug Type: EU
- Color: White
- Material: ABS
- Power: 23W
- Voltage: DC 9V
- Noise: 33dB
- Cooling Element: Thermo-Electric Peltier Module
- Tank Capacity: 700ml (Max)
- Working Capacity: 300ml/day (at 30℃, 80%RH)
- Coverage Area: 10-15 sq. meters
- Suitable kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, office, basement, closet, wardrobe, cabinet, etc.
This dehumidifier is suitable for small confined spaces such as wardrobe, cabinet, bookcase, clothes organizer, electrical products case, safe, RV, car, inside piano, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and so on.
Designed with plenty of moisture absorbing holes, this product can dehumidify the moisture effectively and prevent goods from being damaged by damp, mold, mildew and excess moisture.
With a maximum water tank capacity of 700ml, it can collect up to 300ml of water/day. Its ultra quiet operation ensures that the dehumidifier can run quietly without disturbing your sleep, work or study.
9. Pure Enrichment Dehumidifier
- Eliminates excess moisture from closets, bathrooms, boats, kitchens and other small spaces
- Advanced humidity control
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Automatic shut-off safety feature
- Transparent water tank
- Swiss compact design
Advanced humidity control: This dehumidifier extracts moisture from the air to reduce your home’s humidity levels and reduce the risk of attracting mold, mildew and other moisture-loving allergens
Whisper-quiet operation: It operates so quietly in the background that it’s perfect for peaceful settings like a nursery or office
Swiss Compact Design: The unit’s sleek, portable design is the perfect size to keep your bathrooms, closets, and other small rooms free from excess moisture year-round.
10. Honeywell Portable AC With Dehumidifier & Fan
- 3-in-1: cooling, dehumidification & fan
- Easy DIY (Do-It-Yourself) installation
- Digital control panel with soft-touch buttons
- Automatic on-off timer & auto evaporation system
- Ideal for spot cooling
- Compact unit
- Cools rooms 350- 450 sq. Ft.
- Thermal overload protection
- Automatic vertical wind motion
- Dual filters designed to protect from dust & hair
- Filters clean easily under a faucet for easy maintenance
- 24-hour energy saving timer & remote control with digital display
Enjoy Peace of Mind: Built-to-last, a Dual Filtration system protects & extends the life of the AC, while thermal overload protection on the compressor and motor, means extra safety precautions for added endurance and peace of mind for you and your family.
A More Breathable Space: The Washable Dual Filtration System filters dust, pet dander and hair from entering the unit. It protects & extends the life of this AC bringing you value, while also helping to reduce impurities in the air and is easy to clean by running the filter under a faucet.
Quiet Operation: Honeywell Portable AC’s dual motor technology means lower noise levels. At the highest speed setting, the Contempo Series portable ACs produce between 49 to 52 decibels (depending on the model BTU). That’s about the sound level of an average conversation between two people in a quiet room!
Dehumidifier Buying Guide
Houses with humidity levels above 60% can become breeding grounds for dust mites, mildew, and mold. A dehumidifier can help to significantly improve your air quality. Here’s what to take into account when you pick a dehumidifier
1. Type of Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are of two types – The Condensation and the Desiccant type.
- If your room temperature is above 10 degrees, we recommend the condensation dehumidifier.
- For the room temperatures below 10 degrees, we recommend desiccant dehumidifiers.
Dehumidifiers are generally classified by the amount of water they can remove in 24 hours.
- Small dehumidifiers are rated take out about 25 to 40 pints of moisture per day from an area between 300 and 500 square feet. Consider this size if you’re putting it in a smaller area with low humidity. A small dehumidifier is a good choice for a bedroom or a living room.
- Medium dehumidifiers are rated to remove between 50 and 60 pints of moisture per day from an area between 700 and 1000 square feet. These are a good choice for an area that feels excessively damp or with walls and floors that are wet from seepage.
- Large capacity dehumidifiers are rated to remove between 70 and 75 pints of moisture per day from an area of around 1,500 square feet. These units are suitable for unfinished basements that are prone to flooding or excessive seepage.
All dehumidifiers take up about the same footprint – around a square foot. Make sure to leave some space around the dehumidifier to allow for airflow – usually about 12 to 14 inches from the wall. There are also whole-house dehumidifiers that claim to handle an area of up to 3,000 square feet. Some are portable while others can be hooked into your central heating or air conditioning system.
4. Integrated air filter
Dehumidifiers with an integrated air filter help clean the air as they dehumidify, creating a healthier atmosphere in your home. They’re great for people who suffer from seasonal allergies.
5. Direct drain option
In humid environments, the bin can fill up in eight to twelve hours and may need to be emptied by hand several times a day. To save you the trouble, you can attach a hose to most dehumidifiers and divert the condensed water directly to a nearby drain. If you don’t have a floor drain consider a model with a pump.
6. Full tank alert
When a dehumidifier reservoir reaches capacity, it shuts off. A full tank alert will let you know when it’s time to empty that reservoir. Some models have an external viewing slot that lets you see the bin’s water level.
7. Digital Display
A digital display lets you program specific humidity levels. It measures the amount of moisture in the air and adjusts the thermostat accordingly letting you dial in a precise and desired humidity level.
8. Multiple fan speeds
Multiple fan speeds let you adjust the operating speed of the unit based on the relative humidity of your space. They allow the dehumidifier to operate more quietly when needed.
9. Auto defrost sensor
Most dehumidifiers have a sensor that automatically turns off the dehumidifier if frost forms on the coils to melt it so as not to cause any damage.
10. Energy Efficiency
Look for an Energy Star rating when you buy a dehumidifier. These models will generally use 15% less energy to remove the same amount of moisture.
11. Quiet Operation
Noise can be a nuisance, especially if the dehumidifier is in or near a bedroom. Dehumidifiers with multiple fan speeds can run quietly when needed. It’s not a bad idea to test a dehumidifier’s noise level before you make your purchase.
Wheels or casters can help you maneuver a heavier model from room to room. A long power cord will also enable you to put the unit anywhere you want it. If your device doesn’t have a long power cord, you can purchase an extension board for the same purpose.
13. Washable Filters
Some models have filters that protect the coils from dirt and dust. Make sure these filters can easily be removed and are washable, a task that should be done about twice a month.
14. Other special features
- Auto-restart: In case of a blackout, auto-restart turns the dehumidifier back on with the same settings.
- Easy-to-Empty Bucket or Tank: Look for a tank that’s easy to slide in and out. A handle makes it simpler to lift one full.
- Timer: A timer allows you to run the unit while you’re not home. You can also set it to run during off-peak hours to save electricity.
- Clean-Filter Alert: Some models have an indicator light to tell you it’s time to clean the filter.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dehumidifier (FAQs):
What is the best setting for my dehumidifier?
Setting your ideal humidity level too low could wear out the dehumidifier because it is always running. The ideal humidity level is around 35% to 45%. Higher than that encourages mold and bacteria to grow, while less than that can draw moisture out of furniture and make it crack.
Anything above 45% to 50% will start to damage materials long term, plus fuel the growth of dust mites, rot and everything else you don’t want.
Why is my Dehumidifier so Hot?
If the unit is hot, it means that there is a fan or another component overheating.
- A lack of airflow can make any motor get hot. Check that you don’t have junk stacked in front of the air intake. Clean the filters and clean the coils.
- Check the condenser. The condenser removes heat generated by the cooling process. It must be kept clean of dust, lint, dirt to ensure proper operation and to prevent compressor overheating.
- Another possibility is that the de-icer is malfunctioning. If you have a basement grade dehumidifier, the unit has a de-icer to melt that initial frost that forms on most dehumidifiers. If the de-icer stays on and gets really hot, you have your cause.
- Ice accumulation on the dehumidifier cooling coil can reduce the unit’s operating efficiency and can cause compressor overheating and compressor failure.
How to calculate which size dehumidifier you need?
To select a dehumidifier model, we need to know the capacity of humidity to be removed from your room. We can calculate the dehumidifier sizing by considering your Room dimensions, Temperature, Humidity. You can calculate the capacity in liter per day, which is the difference between the present humidity and the desired humidity in terms of an equivalent volume of water.
To determine what size dehumidifier you need for your desired area, simply multiply the square footage by the average height. This will give you the cubic footage. Cubic footage is something that is listed with nearly every dehumidifier so you can easily compare to see if it will cover your desired area.
What are the benefits of a dehumidifier?
- Preventing dust mites, mold and mildew growth
- Managing asthma and allergies
- Pest control
- Maintain the structural integrity of your home
- Reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew
- Reduce skin and respiratory system irritation
- Reduces signs of rust or corrosion
- Protect your home from pest infestation
How do you know if you need a dehumidifier?
- Water stains on the walls or ceilings
- High humidity in rooms
- Frequent condensation on walls & windows
- Small black spots (mold spores) growing on the walls or in areas with high humidity
- Musty or mildew smells
- A damp basement
Where can I keep dehumidifiers?
Dehumidifiers can be placed in basements, laundry rooms, crawl spaces, and indoor pool areas since these areas often have moisture problems.
Most manufacturers recommend placing your dehumidifier at least six inches away from walls or any other solid structure that may hamper airflow into and out from the dehumidifier.
Can a dehumidifier cool a room?
While a dehumidifier does not generate cold air, it does help to cool a room. It removes the humidity from the air, leaving the atmosphere cool and comfortable in the home.
If you are looking for a device that can cool your room, either go for a cooler or a portable air conditioner.
Can I sleep with dehumidifier on all night?
The answer to this question is yes, and no. Whether or not you can leave your dehumidifier on overnight will largely depend on what type of appliance you have. All dehumidifiers vary in size and power. As such, there’s really no universal limit on how long to run them.
We strongly recommend buying the Honeywell Portable AC With Dehumidifier & Fan with its amazing features and high accuracy in purification and dehumidification.
The selection of the most suitable dehumidifier for your home may vary based on various factors like the type of dehumidifier, capacity, placement, auto defrost sensor, etc.
We hope our article gives you the relevant information required to make an informed buying. In case you are unable to find the best Dehumidifier for your home here, head over to Amazon India to browse through the store’s exhaustive collection.
In case, you require any further assistance to select the dehumidifier, please comment below and we will get back to you with the best possible solution.
Loved our blog on best Dehumidifier in India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.