A recent technological wonder just hit our households. The wireless iron or the cordless iron considered a revolutionary product is here but pretty misunderstood. We at Khojdeal are here to explain how and what to look for in these no cord irons. The best cordless irons in India will have to be taken a look at.
If you love to look dapper and proper, you probably own an iron. I know I cannot go a day without an iron. That is probably because I wear trousers only, so I end up using the iron everyday. When I heard about this innovation – this cordless iron, I was pretty much confused and skeptical. I want to help you understand much better the workings of this device. Read on to figure out how a cordless iron works and is it better than a generic corded iron or not.
Best Cordless Irons in India – Reviewed
Nobody likes the damned iron cord getting stuck on something or not being long enough. The cordless iron is the ultimate solution to the issue. Khojdeal experts looked and looked until they found the best products online.
1. Black-Decker Cordless Iron : BD BXIR2201IN – Steam Iron
- Cord and cordless convenience for easy and hassle free movement.
- Ceramic coated sole plate – even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes.
- 30 g/min continuous steam output and 100g/min steam boost.
- Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test.
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the sole plate in case the steam level is not reached.
- 350 ml water storage tank and Cord length : 1 m
- Vertical steam : Ideal for all fabrics and saves time.
- Steam burst function and spray function
- Self clean feature to clean the scales build up.
- Warranty: 2 years on product.
- Power: 2200 watts and Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts.
2. Panasonic Cordless Iron : NI-100DX – Seterika Tanpa Kord
- 220/240 Volt 50hz and 1000 Watts of Power
- Non-Stick sole plate and an ergonomic grip handle
- Cordless for best mobility with 6 Temperature Settings; Base with built-in holder.
- 1.4 kg Light Weight
- No steam option.
3. Syska Cordless Iron : Steam Iron
- Cordless steam iron.
- Ceramic sole plate
- Self cleaning function
- Anti drip function
- 1250 Watts of Power
- Smaller build but heavier than most.
4. Skyline Cordless Iron : VTL-7025 – Steam and Spray Iron
- 1200 Wattage of power
- Non Stick Sole Plate.
- Steam Spray Function.
- Thermostat Control.
- Transparent Water Tank.
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Automatic shut off and adjustable temperature control.
5. Prestige Cordless Iron : PSI 11.0 – Steam Iron
- Steam Burst Mode
- Cordless with Temperature Control
- Power base and non-stick sole plate
- Water spray available
- Adjustable Thermostat Control
- ISI certified Safety
- Shock proof Plastic handle
- Warranty: 2 years warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- Power: 1200 watts , Voltage(V) :230 Volts
How to Choose Best Cordless Irons: Buying Guide
Most people know how corded irons work – yes, but cordless irons in India are newer in the market and subject to a lot of confusion. Cordless irons are much like their cousins – the corded iron, but essentially different.
The Parts in a Cordless Iron
The cordless iron product comes with the iron, the charging base and a rechargeable battery inside the iron. When needed, sit the iron on the base, switch it on and wait for the iron to charge and heat up. The battery provides enough energy to iron out one or two shirts maximum then needs to be plugged back onto the base for further use. Some cordless irons also come with steam options, automatic shut off feature and adjustable temperature settings.
Charging and Ease to Use
The cordless iron, since it needs to be put back on the charging base regularly sounds like quite the hassle. Since you would have to adjust your clothes while ironing anyway and put the iron back in the charging base, it is made so to charge pretty quickly. The design is such that you will not have to worry or wait for the charging process.
The soleplate of the iron can reach its maximum temperature faster if it has a higher wattage. For example, an iron with a 1200 wattage will take longer to heat than an iron with 2400 wattage. Its necessary to buy a higher wattage iron if your ironing load is generally pretty high.
Cordless irons come with steam options to make ironing easier and more wrinkle free clothes. The steam output is generally given in terms of grams of steam per minute. Look for a higher steam output for crease free ironing experience.
Water Tank Capacity
Pretty self explanatory, water tank capacity refers to the amount of water your cordless iron will hold. Higher capacity will result in longer usage without the need to refill.
Price and Warranty
Cordless irons are generally more expensive than its counterpart – the corded iron. Their warranty period is much like the corded one though – around a year.
Looking to buy a steam iron too? Look no further. We have complied THE list for you. Click here now!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Cordless Irons:
1. How does a cordless iron work?
A cordless iron – not to be confused with battery powered irons, come with a base for them to heat up on. The base is connected by a cable to the power supply – yes. The iron is rested upon the base and there it stays and heats up for use.
2. Why use a cordless iron instead of a corded iron?
Cordless irons, since they do not have a cord or a cable to be attached to a power output, can be moved around with freely. The point of a cordless iron is to be maneuverable. You do not have to worry about a cable bothering you while ironing. I know I hate when I have to move further away from the output and it eventually pops out. If your laundry is sizable, you really need to keep putting the iron back on the base as it cools quicker and has no other way to heat other than on the base it comes with.
3. Is there a cordless iron?
I know – believe me, it is surprising, but cordless irons are all the rage now. A new technology – cordless irons are gaining a lot of momentum. The best cordless irons in India are mentioned below. Read through to find out more about these devices.
4. Which is the best cordless iron?
Qualities that make cordless irons gain credibility are mentioned in the buying guide. A few to look out for are – the wattage possible, steaming options, water tank capacity and quick charging facility.
5. How does a cordless iron work?
A cordless iron comes with a charging dock. The absence of a cord in the iron itself is compensated by the need to connect the dock to a power outlet. When not in use, the iron is set upon the dock to gain enough charge to iron out one or few clothes. It needs to be put back on the dock to charge if further use is required.
6. What’s the best iron to buy?
The cordless iron can be a viable choice, given you have something against corded irons. We will not blame you, even I do not like the cord getting stuck somewhere or not being long enough. The generic corded iron can be used consistently though, since it is continuously getting power from the outlet. The cordless irons only needs to be put back in the dock – it does not really take long for it to build up enough charge to get the perfect ironing experience. Khojdeal has researched and prepared buying guides for you to look for the best cordless irons in India and its regular steam counterparts.
7. How do cordless steam iron work?
Cordless irons with steaming option – much like its counterpart, the normal steam iron, has a water container that is heated up by filaments and is punched out from the holes in the soleplate while ironing to give you a wrinkle and crease free ironing experience.
8. How to use cordless steam irons?
A cordless iron differs from the generic iron only because of the fact that it has a rechargeable battery that gains charge when put upon its charging dock. When you are not using the iron, or adjusting the piece of cloth you are ironing, the cordless iron can be put back on the dock to recharge. This must be done continuously because a full charge on the cordless iron lasts for not more than 3-5 minutes – enough to iron out one or two pieces of clothing.
9. Where to buy a cordless iron?
The best of the cordless irons in the market are mentioned below. Let experts at Khojdeal pick you out from the best – bringing you only the most reliable in the market.
If you are conflicted on whether to buy a cordless iron over the corded iron – the difference between the two is very subtle. Noticeable difference is that cordless irons need to be put back on the dock from time to time, whereas corded irons need a power output nearby. These handicaps essentially cancel each other out and end up being similar products. The cordless irons mentioned above are worthy of a trial run.
At Khojdeal we only bring you the best in the market. The best cordless irons in India were quite difficult to list out – given the new technology has not been properly used or gained enough momentum. We rather you give one a go – and see which one suits you, the cordless or the generic corded iron.