Realme, a Shenzhen based Chinese smartphone manufacturer was officially established on 4th of May, 2018 by Li Bingzhong, previously the Vice-President of OPPO Electronics. First appearing in China as “OPPO Real“, Realme has branded itself as an affordable yet feature rich smartphone in India. Realme has amassed a huge Indian consumer market and continues to grow each year. With its tagline “Leap to the 5G era”, Realme introduces a potential Best 5G Smartphone, the Realme X50 Pro, exclusively available on Flipkart.
Vivo, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer is set to debut India’s first 5G smartphone in February 2020. The fifth generation in wireless technology for digital cellular networks began development in 2019. Said to be way more efficient than its predecessors, 5G has already taken flight in multiple countries. Vivo now attempts to launch the exceedingly improved technology in India. Via what critics claim has the potential to be the Best 5G Smartphone, the IQOO 3.
The Best 5G Smartphone : Realme X50 Pro Specifications
With the launch of X50 Pro, Realme has made its mark as one of the first few brands to come up with a 5G compatible smartphone. As soon as the 5G technology rolls in to the world, unreservedly, brands with 5G enabled phones might come into serious consumer consideration. The X50 Pro is set to launch on 24th of February 2020. Mentioned below are the features you could expect from the 5G smartphone.
- Network Capabilities : GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Build : Dimensions : 159 x 74.2 x 9.4 mm | Weight : 207 g | Gorilla Glass 5 Front/Back and Aluminium Frame | Dual SIM (Dual Standby)
- Display : 6.44 inches – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with HDR10+ | Resolution : 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Platform : Android 10.0 (realme UI 1.0) | Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 | Octa-core CPU | Adreno 650 GPU
- Memory : 256GB or 12GB RAM
- Camera : Quad Back Camera (64 MP; wide, 12 MP; telephoto, 8 MP; ultrawide and 2 MP; depth) with Flash and HDR | Dual Front Camera (32 MP; wide and 8 MP; ultrawide) with HDR
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC and Type-C 1.0 reversible connector with USB On-The-Go
- Sensors : Fingerprint (side mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 42000 mAh battery
- Colors : Moss Green, Rust Red
- Price : Rumored to be Rs, 48,999
The Best 5G Smartphone : IGOO 3 Specifications
The Vivo phone, IQOO 3 has come into serious media consideration after its predicted India release on the 25th of February 2020. Mentioned below are the features of the potential best 5G smartphone in the country yet.
- Network Capabilities : GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Build : Dimensions : 158.5 x 74.9 x 9.2 mm | Weight : 214.5g | Glass Front/Back and Aluminium Frame | Dual SIM
- Display : 6.44 inches – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with HDR10
- Platform : Android 10.0 (Vivo Funtouch 10.0) | Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 | Octa-core CPU | Adreno 650 GPU
- Memory : 6GB or 8GB RAM with 128GB Storage | 12GB RAM with 256GB Storage
- Camera : Quad Back Camera (48MP; Wide, 8MP; Telephoto, 13MP; UltraWide, 2MP; Depth) with Flash and HDR | Front Camera (16MP) with HDR
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC and Type-C 1.0 reversible connector with USB On-The-Go
- Sensors : Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 4370 mAh battery
- Colors : Iceland Aurora, Carbon Black and Light Mint
- Price : Rumored to be Rs, 35,990
What is 5G?
The 5th generation in wireless communication standards, 5G has been in production and testing phases since early 2019. Companies were racing towards a faster wireless internet solution and then, 5G was born.
Beginning with 2G, when the mobile web did not exist, 2G was only but a set of standards governing wireless telephone calls. 3G came in next, providing the consumer with the ability to surf the web on their phones. 4G provided consumers with sustained and reliable connectivity, allowing people to stream videos on smartphones.
5G, the latest in revolutionary technologies is said to be 200 times faster than a 4G network. It promises reduced latency, greater stability and the ability to connect many more devices at once. 5G networks have been rolled out in a few countries already, but the amount of 5G enabled smartphones is still limited.
With 5G coming soon to India and the best 5G smartphone, IQOO also launching soon, consumers are expected to start surfing the internet at incredible 5G speeds.
When can I expect 5G?
Technically, 5G is already here. Unless your location, your carrier and your smartphone all can reap the benefits of 5G, it might not be possible for you to avail those incredible 5G speeds. Companies like AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile have already rolled 5G to their consumers, but there are only a handful 5G enabled smartphones in the market. Depending on how long it takes for countries to accept the technology and for brands to dole out 5G enabled phones, it seems 5G will take over regular cellular data by late 2020’s.
With smartphone technology reaching newer heights daily, 5G marks a prominent milestone in the cellular industry. With that in mind, we should remember that there are not a lot of 5G compatible devices in the market. Moreover, 5G is a budding technology and its services are not readily available yet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about IQOO 3 and 5G
When is IQOO 3 going to launch?
The Vivo built smartphone, IQOO 3 is officially going to enter the Indian market on the 25th of Feb 2020. Debuting as the first 5G smartphone in India, the phone has already gained a lot of traction since its reveal.
When is Realme X50 Pro going to launch?
The Realme X50 Pro is set to launch on the 24th of February 2020, exclusively on Flipkart. One of the few brands that are launching the new 5G enabled smartphones in India, Realme is now tied with the Vivo IQOO 3 as the first few brands to launch 5G into the mainstream.
What can 5G be used for?
5G is faster than 4G and provides reduced latency and greater stability. Said to be around 200 times faster than its counterparts, 5G will provide the ability to connect much more devices than previously possible. Moving data will be easier due to faster speeds.
Can a 4G phone be upgraded to 5G?
No, you will have to invest in a new smartphone that is 5G enabled. If you enable 5G plans on a 4G phone, internet surfing will still be brought down to 4G speeds.
As 5G is being rolled out in our country, Indian consumers can expect to enjoy 5G speeds sooner than they think. Vivo and Realme has stepped in and gives wind to the Indian 5G dream. It is essential to understand that 5G is a relatively newer technology and has to establish itself before it reigns as the primary functioning, wireless digital cellular internet.
Loved our blog on Best 5G Smartphone? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.