Healthy skin is the key to looking better, feeling better and having a positive approach towards physical health. Khojdeal lists 8 Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy.
There are ways you can easily keep your skin healthy and promote new cell growth right at your home, without the need for visiting salons and clinics regularly. Though it is recommended to visit skin experts once every three months or so, it is not absolutely necessary and you can do a lot for your skin with a few tips and tricks.
Types of Skin
1. Normal skin
You’re a lucky person you probably have nothing to worry about when buying a new bar of soap. You do not fear irritation and you do not run the risk of clogging your pores with the wrong type of product.
2. Dry skin
If you notice that the skin on your elbows, knees and toes is always cracked, then you have dry skin. You can benefit from soaps with glycerin, which cleanse but leave the skin soft.
3. Oily skin
It’s true, with a simple wash you can get rid of that unpleasant greasy feeling, after a few hours it comes back. In this case it is good to buy a soap that acts deeply and removes the formation of sebum thoroughly, leaving your skin smooth and pleasantly dry.
4. Mixed skin
It can also happen that you have greasy and dry skin at the same time. In this case it is advisable to seek the opinion of a dermatologist to evaluate possible remedies.
5. Sensitive skin
This is the case when your skin proves to be particularly defenseless from the attacks of atmospheric agents, such as the wind and the sun. As it irritates easily, you need to protect it with a moisturizing soap to restore the correct balance.
📌Recommended For You: Best Soap For Women in India
8 Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy
From home, you can indulge in a few things that can keep your skin healthy. The regular stuff, like eating healthy, exercising and cleaning up regularly is certainly going to help, but there are some other factors we don’t seem to take into consideration.
Here are 8 Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy, listed by Khojdeal.
Maintaining Healthy Skin
- Avoid Smoking : Habitual smoking isn’t good for you or your skin. Smoking leads to all sorts of issues like breakouts, premature aging and dryness.
- Stress Management : Stress is a great factor in causing breakouts. Managing stress levels maybe the best way to keep your skin bubbly and in perfect condition.
- Eat Healthy : Oily food, junk, excessive meat products also cause major breakouts. Add some greens and yogurt to your diet to combat any harm that might come to your skin.
- Clean and Moisturize Often : Washing up removes excess oils from your skin. Though, some oils are actually good for your skin, they protect from dust and dirt and keeps your skin in good condition. Moisturizers often contain a mixture of oil and water that locks in the moisture content in your skin, keeping it soft and supple/
- Sleep Well : Sleeping enough can in itself help with a lot of skin issues. When sleeping new skin cells form and help with oil and moisture control.
- Exfoliate and Facials Regularly : Once a week, or once a month it is necessary to exfoliate your skin thoroughly. This creates a balance of necessary oils and moisture in your skin, cleans up dead skin cells and helps with healthier skin.
- Exercise : Adding physical activity to your daily routine can immensely help with skin health. Exercise cleans blood and eventually shows in your skin.
- Minimize Makeup : Makeup is not really good, they trap dust and dirt, which sit on your face for as long as you don’t wash it off. Minimize the use and quantity of makeup for a more healthier skin.
The Differences Between The Skin of Men And Women
While women and men both need to take care of their skin, their skin characteristics are not exactly the same. Obviously, the result is that male and female skin should not be treated in the same way. Let’s see together the peculiarities of male skin and how to take them into account.
First is the thickness which is multiplied due to the action of testosterone. Yep, male skin is around 20% thicker than female skin! This parameter is linked to collagen, an essential protein in the structure of the skin. Men have more collagen, which makes their skin firmer and thicker.
Second differentiation criterion is that men’s skin tends to be much oilier because of its higher number of sebaceous glands, and therefore of pores. This constitution generates in the male individual a sebum production twice that of women. It is therefore also a brighter skin and more prone to acne and various impurities. The good thing, however, is that we suffer less from dry skin in adulthood.
As far as aging is concerned, it is more complicated. The signs of aging appear later in men, but they develop faster and lead to more visible and deeper wrinkles. In addition, the phenomenon of loss of muscle mass is more pronounced in men.
Finally, as you may know, shaving is not without consequences on our skin. Repetitive shaving causes additional stress that exacerbates skin sensitivity. More precisely, the irritations to which men are entitled are related to the elimination of a protective layer on the surface of the epidermis caused by the razor blade. In addition, it goes without saying that the snags and cuts that no one escapes install lasting imperfections on the face.
Staying physically fit is something most people aspire to be. Most however forget to give the same amount of notice to their skin. Spending a little time focusing on your skin is a great way to bring in some positive impact in your life. Physical activity is also quite necessary for maintaining healthy skin, along with a few other things.
- Remedies For Aged Skin – 14 Natural Antidotes For Youthful Skin
- Top 11 Best Anti Aging Creams in India
- 13 Easy Tips to Take Care of Yourself
Loved our blog on 8 Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.