Kitchen Ingredients in India famously contain helpful chemicals. Some of which don’t rot easily. Here are 11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad.
Keeping some of these ingredients in your pantry is essential. In times of lockdowns, some of these foods and ingredients can provide a lot of help.
The expiration date on some products can be confusing. Some of the foods in your pantry might have an expiration date, but actually never go bad, ever. For example, the expiration date on water bottles is usually for the bottle itself, not the water inside.
11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad
Making sure you buy the right products and ingredients is necessary in times of lock downs. We often check expiration dates on medicines, but not often on foods and ingredients. Well, in some cases you can totally not care about that since some ingredients never spoil. The Best 11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad and can be used indefinitely.
📌Check Also: Best Non Perishable Foods for People with Diabetes
Best Kitchen Ingredients That Never Spoil
- Honey : Honey notoriously never spoils and has an indefinite shelf life. It is susceptible to bugs though, so keep the lid on.
- Salt : Salt never ever spoils and is used literally every time you cook.
- Dried Beans/Pulses/Legumes : They will take longer to cook and soften up than fresher, moisture laden beans, but you can easily store them for a very, very long time.
- White Vinegar : Vinegar is also a great ingredient to have in your kitchen, for it never spoils and provides a lot of help while cooking.
- Sugar : The only problem with storing sugar is it either getting rock hard, or a bug infestation. Both are easily prevented by just locking sugar in an airtight container.
- Real Vanilla Extract : Real Vanilla Extract has a high alcohol content and obviously acts as a strong preservative, allowing you to store it for a long period of time.
- White Rice : White rice also has a super long shelf life. Just wash any dust or dirt on it and you’re good to go. Brown rice has a higher oil content, so doesn’t prove to be a good long time food.
- Soy Sauce : Containing huge levels of salts acting as natural preservatives, soy sauce is good to use for a very long time.
- Cornstarch : Store it away from light and heat, and in an airtight container and you can use this powder whenever you want.
- Hard Liquor : Hard liquor only gets better with age and you can use it in baking and in lots of different kinds of cooking as well.
- Instant Coffee : Storing instant coffee in a fridge can help increase its shelf life, or fridge life my a long, long time.
- Maple Syrup : Again, refrigerating maple syrup can help with keeping it safe to eat indefinitely.
Some of these ingredients you might need to refrigerate, some you have to keep in airtight containers. These 11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad are truly essential and you must keep some stacked in your pantry.
The ingredients mentioned above can provide your pantry with supplies that never go bad and can be used indefinitely. They do require proper storage though. You should not just throw them in and wait for its apparent use. Keeping them in an airtight container is suggested.
Listed above are the 11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad. They are a staple of the Indian diet and commonly found in every household.
Loved our blog on 11 Kitchen Ingredients That Never Go Bad? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.