If you’re scouting for the best room heater in India to get rid of the chilly winters, look no further. Our experts have reviewed the Top 15 Best Room Heater In India. Take your pick from among them.
To keep things warm as the weather turns cold, you’ll most probably need heating and, if your central heating doesn’t quite cut it – or if you’re in an area with no gas heating – then a portable and efficient room heater is worth considering.
Whether you need one for your home or office, a room heater can be the extra boost your home needs to keep things warm and toasty.
The ideal room heater for you will depend on the size and type of room you want to warm. To help you identify the right room heater for your home, we’ve rounded up reviews of 2020’s very best models.
Whatever your requirement, you’ll find the Top 15 Best Room Heater In India options below.
Best Room Heaters in India – Updated List
Whether you’re looking for a small, portable heater you can move from room to room, or a powerful and effective option for larger areas, you’ll find the best room heater in India here. Read on for the best room heater in India for all spaces and budgets. Click here for the latest Amazon Coupons to earn additional discounts on your purchases.
Best Room Heaters In India – Reviewed
- Orpat Room Heater – Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater
- Usha Room Heater – Usha Quartz (3002) 800-Watt Room Heater
- Bajaj Room Heater – Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater
- Havells Room Heater – Havells OFR 9Fin 2500-Watt PTC Fan Heater
- Warmex Room Heater – Warmex FH 09 1000/2000 Watts Fan Heater
- Morphy Richards Room Heater – Morphy Richards Aristo 2000 Watt PTC Room Heater
- Eveready Room Heater – Eveready QH800 800-Watt Room Heater
- V Guard Room Heater – V-Guard 800 RH2QT-1000 Room Heater
- Maharaja Room Heater – Maharaja Whiteline Quato 800-Watt Quartz Heater
- Oreva Room Heater – Oreva Element Heater
- Orient Room Heater – Orient Electric HC2003D 2000-Watt Fan Heater
- Sunflame Room Heater – Sunflame SF-941 Quartz Room Heater
- Singer Room Heater – Singer HC30T 2000-Watt Heat Convector
- Amazon Brand – Solimo 2000-Watt Room Heater
- Inalsa Blaze 2000-Watt Room Heater
1. Orpat Room Heater – Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater
Notable Features of Orpat Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Room Size: Up to 250 sq. ft.
- Ideal for a small / medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000-watt heat setting
- Makes some noise due to fan
- Body Material: Plastic, Metal
- Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3-pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A convertor but it cannot be used for long time with extension cord
- Stitching type and long-life heating element
- Safety cut-off
- Thermal cut-off for added safety
- Two heat settings-1000 watts and 2000 watts
- Uses a maximum of 2000 watts and requires an operative voltage of 220-240 volts.
- Comes with a non-sagging, cool to touch body.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
Why We Recommend Orpat Room Heater?
Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Element Heater functions as a room heater in cold weather. The heater has the capacity to be on for a considerable time while heating an area at its highest temperature. However, for a comforting equilibrium, it is suggested that the temperature of the heater be turned down in time.
The element heater is a very safe product. It has both a safety as well as a thermal cut out that ensures that the machine stays safe for use for extended periods of time, despite having to work at high temperatures. This ensures that the room remains heated throughout the day or night.
The Orpat element heater is made to have a cool-to-touch exterior to ensure it is safe to be touched or moved even while it is switched on. This in turn makes it more convenient to be placed anywhere in the room as well as to be safely stored when not in use.
The element heater has two separate heat settings, one that uses 1000 watts of power and the other that uses 2000 watts of power while working. The inbuilt handle provides the option of moving the element heater from one place to another with ease, even while it is working. The Heater comes with a one-year warranty and is available in the color white.
Heater from Orpat: Orpat brings to you this fan heater which is white in colour. It has a wattage capacity of 2000 watts and is suitable for a small or medium room with an approximate size of 250 square feet.
Using the Plug-in Socket: Do not plug in the standard 5 A or 6 A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15 A converter but cannot be used for long time with extension cord.
Features 2 Heat Settings: The room heater features two heat settings with 1000 watts and 2000 watts for the right amount of heat intensity that you need for your room.
2. Usha Room Heater – Usha Quartz (3002) 800-Watt Room Heater
Notable Features of Usha Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Room Size: up to 150 sq. ft
- Ideal for a small room only, i.e., up to 120 sq. ft
- Safety tip over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls
- Powder coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption
- There are two heating positions to suit your comfort
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 400 and 800 watts
- Consumes 230 volts
- Comes with a safety switch that automatically shuts of the heater to prevent overheating or in case it falls or tips over
- The heating element used is a quartz tube
- Finished with a powder coating that prevents corrosion
Why We Recommend Usha Room Heater?
The Usha room heater is a that can effectively heat any given surrounding at adjustable temperatures. This product greatly helps to keep you warm during winters.
Economically designed, the Usha room heater consumes 230 volts. To prevent overheating, the heater comes with a switch that automatically shuts it off, before it can overheat. This switch also cuts off the heater in case it falls or tips over. Usha QH 3002 Quartz Room Heater is finished with a powder coating, which prevents it from corroding.
Also, the heater can be positioned in two different ways, depending on your comfort and requirement. It even has hooks at the back, that have been specifically provided to mount the power cord of the heater for easy storage.
3. Bajaj Room Heater – Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater
Notable Features of Bajaj Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Room Size: Up to 250 sq. ft
- 2 heat settings – 1000 Watts and 2000 Watts
- Adjustable thermostat for desirable temperature
- Built in handle
- Compact design
- Neat & Clean Operation since there isn’t any need for refrigerant or oxygen
- Warranty – 2 years on the product
- The motor operates at a maximum power of 50 watts AC, with a 230V power supply, 50Hz, 800 RPM.
- Element requires a maximum of 2000 watts AC.
- Comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Available with a 3-pin power cord having 3 core, 16 A current.
- Auto thermal cut-off feature and Neon indicators provided.
Why We Recommend Bajaj Room Heater?
Two long-running heating elements, each of 1 kilowatt power are incorporated into the heater’s design. It consists of a thermostat, which allows the users to maintain the required temperature by tweaking the average power.
This is achieved by turning off the heater beyond a threshold temperature and turning it back on when the temperature falls back to normal. An additional thermal cut-off switch prevents overheating if the thermostat fails.
The stand is designed to provide both upward and downward flow of warm air. Bajaj Room Heater can be used as a forced air circulator, a drier, or a room heater. Its compact design makes it portable and user friendly. Switching on the fan before turning on the heating element distributes heat quickly over a large area and ensures long life of the product.
Neon Indicator is used to indicate that the heater is on. Two heat setting options enable fixing the operating power of the heating element to 1000 and 2000 watts.
Design and Capacity: The body material of the Bajaj blow hot fan room heater is ABS, which provides high impact resistance and toughness, and its grille material is plastic. The sturdy Bajaj heater’s operation is so noiseless that you will even forget that it exists except for the warm or hot feeling it provides. The Bajaj Product is designed in such a way that it used for easy mobility. The height is also adjustable.
Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater comes in handy during winters. It is economical in its usage. Its sturdy outer body is built with stove-enameled MS sheet. The exquisitely construed control keys can gently dispense cool, warm, or hot breeze.
Two long-running heating elements, each of 1 kilowatt power are incorporated into the heater’s design. It consists of a thermostat, which allows the users to maintain the required temperature by tweaking the average power. This is achieved by turning off the heater beyond a threshold temperature and turning it back on when the temperature falls back to normal. An additional thermal cut-off switch prevents overheating if the thermostat fails. The stand is designed to provide both upward and downward flow of warm air.
Bajaj Room Heater can be used as a forced air circulator, a drier, or a room heater. Its compact design makes it portable and user friendly. Switching on the fan before turning on the heating element distributes heat quickly over a large area and ensures long life of the product. Neon Indicator is used to indicate that the heater is on. Two heat setting options enable fixing the operating power of the heating element to 1000 and 2000 watts.
The well-adjusted motor and blower assembly is shielded by a reflector. This enables ideally regulated air flow and completely noiseless operation. Monthly lubrication of the motor prolongs its lifetime. Bajaj room heater can also be used as a fan during summer. Its multifarious applications and utilitarian build make it a sterling pick for the consumers.
4. Havells Room Heater – Havells OFR 9Fin 2500-Watt PTC Fan Heater
Notable Features of Havells Room Heater
- Cord storage and rear safety cover
- Over heat protection and tilt over switch for safety
- Thermostatic heat control and castor wheels for easy mobility
- Thermostatic heat control. The power consumption is 2000 watts
- PTC heater with fan
Why We Recommend Havells Room Heater?
Get an efficient heating solution: Winter always brings challenges with its chilly winds. To help you face winter with an abundance of warmth, Havells brings you this PTC fan heater. It is equipped with overheat safety protection that prevents the appliance from getting damaged easily. The thermostatic heat control helps to heat up your room in a faster and efficient manner so that you can stay cozy and warm inside your room.
Elegant design: A perfect blend of style and utility is defined in this PTC fan heater presented by Havells. It has an excellent color combination that will go well with a wide variety of room decor.
Thermostatic heat control: It is important to be able to regulate the heat of a room heater to make sure that you feel cozy. This PTC fan heater features a thermostatic heat control that makes it easy to adjust the temperature.
Three different power settings: This amazing Havells PTC fan heater comes with three different power settings. In each power setting, it uses a different wattage, hence you can save energy.
PTC heater with fan: This PTC heater from Havells comes with a fan. The fan plays a crucial role in dispersing the heat equally.
Wheels ensure easy portability: If you are looking for a room heater that you can easily move from one room to another, this Havells product will be a perfect choice. It comes with wheels at the base that make it quite easy to move.
Overheat protection: You do not need to worry about overheating while using this heater in your room. It is built with overheat protection that prevents the appliance from getting damaged.
5. Warmex Room Heater – Warmex FH 09 1000/2000 Watts Fan Heater
Notable Features of Warmex Room Heater
- Rust Free ABS Body
- Vertical & Horizontal Placement
- Power on indicator
- Overheat Protection
- Cool / Warm / Hot Wind Selection
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Automatic Cut-Off
- 1-year warranty & 3 months additional warranty on registration
- Easy to carry
- Powerful motor for quick heating
- Easy to operate
- 1000/2000 Watts
- Voltage: 230 Volts, 50 Hz AC Only
Why We Recommend Warmex Room Heater?
Warmex brings to you this heater which is made from plastic and is white in color. It has a mesh structure which makes the air flow easy across the room and helps in increase in temperature. The Warmex fan heater is a very safe product.
It has both a safety as well as a thermal cut out that ensures that the machine stays safe for use for extended periods of time, despite having to work at high temperatures. This ensures that the room remains heated throughout the day or night.
It comes with adjustable temperature control option which allows you to choose from different heat settings. The material used is one among the highest grade for good quality performance and high efficiency.
6. Morphy Richards Room Heater – Morphy Richards Aristo 2000 Watt PTC Room Heater
Notable Features of Morphy Richards Room Heater
- Power Rating – 2000 Watts
- Power selection knob to set power as required
- Temperature control knob to set temperature as required based on the weather condition
- Indicator light for ease of operation
- Warranty – 2 years on the product
Why We Recommend Morphy Richards Room Heater?
Efficient Heating Solution: Comfortably warm up every nook of your room during winters with Morphy Richards Aristo PTC Room Heater. With an operating power of 2000 watts. The Aristo PTC serves your efficient and reliable solution in protecting you and your living room from the cool temperatures prevailing outdoors.
Power and Temperature Control: The Morphy Richards Aristo PTC comes with a power selection knob that lets you set the room heater at desired level of power. It also features a temperature control knob that allows you the set the heating temperature as desired. The room heater thus makes a cost-effective and convenient buy.
Compact and Mobile: Morphy Richards Aristo PTC comes with a compact design occupying a small space in the corner of your room. Coming with an easy to carry handle, it is conveniently mobile. The overhead protection ensures safe usage of the room heater.
7. Eveready Room Heater – Eveready QH800 800-Watt Room Heater
Notable Features of Eveready Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Safety tip over switch cuts off power to avoid accidents
- Twin quartz tubes for direct heating
- Easy to carry design provides convenience of use
- Heating indicator
- Warranty: 1-year onsite warranty on product
- Power: 800 watts
Why We Recommend Eveready Room Heater?
This room heater from Eveready comes with dual heat settings which lets you control the amount of heat according to your comfort. It is equipped with a safety tip-over switch which gives you a safe and sound room heating experience.
The tip-over switch of this heater is located at the bottom of the unit and must be pressed inward for the heater to function properly. It is equipped with an LED power indicator which indicates you whether the heater is on or off. This prevents you from accidentally touching the interiors of the heater, making it safe for use.
Plastic Body: This room heater comes built in a hard-plastic body which makes it sturdy and durable. It has a steel frame in front of it which gives you an even heat flow and keeps your room warm.
Dual Heat Settings: This room heater from Eveready comes with dual heat settings which lets you control the amount of heat. This dual heat system provides cool air via a variable-speed blower motor that delivers advanced humidity control, high-efficiency cooling and optimal circulation of cooled air.
Twin Quartz Tubes: This room heater comes with twin quartz tubes for direct heating. Quartz tubes have extremely low thermal expansion rate and high tensile strength that makes quartz tubes more robust during cooling/heating process.
8. V Guard Room Heater – V-Guard 800 RH2QT-1000 Room Heater
Notable Features of V Guard Room Heater
- Compact and stylish design
- Easy assemble
- Easy to use
- 1-year warranty
Why We Recommend V Guard Room Heater?
If room heaters are your idea of increasing cosiness and comfort during winters, then look no further than the V-Guard RH2QT-1000. This new kid on the block is elegantly and compactly designed to blend in with your room’s decor.
It has technology that heats the room faster and without noise. Dual heat setting of 400 watts and 800 watts gives you the control to make the right heating choice for your room.
The V-Guard RH2QT-1000 also comes with automatic tip over protection to make sure that the heater turns itself off in case of it tipping over
9. Maharaja Room Heater – Maharaja Whiteline Quato 800-Watt Quartz Heater
Notable Features of Maharaja Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Elegant design
- 2 heat settings: 400/800 watts
- Easy to carry and safe tip over switch
- Quartz tubes
- Designed for low power consumption
- ISI marked
- Power: 800 watts; Operating Voltage: 230 volts
Why We Recommend Maharaja Room Heater?
Smart and compact: This smart and compact room heater warms up an entire room, making it the most versatile heating choice. It is certified by ISI, so you can be sure of its durability.
Portable: One of the advantages of this room heater is its portability because you can easily carry it from one room to another and enjoy customized heating.
Two Heat Settings: This room heater features two heat settings, so you could adjust to 400W for lower and 800W for higher temperature in your room.
Tip over switch: The room heater also does not require any installation, you just need plug-in and it will start working instantly. The tip-over switches allow you to adjust it according to your convenience.
Quartz Tubes: Since this room heater comes with quartz tubes, you need turn it on to get its full effect. The temperature of these quartz tubes is higher than that of other heaters, thus making it a durable option.
Energy-saving: This room heater will not only heat the room but also helps optimize energy consumption.
10. Oreva Room Heater – Oreva Element Heater
Notable Features of Oreva Room Heater
- Long lasting and easy to use
- Element Heater
- Thermal Cut-off for added Safety
- Variable Thermostat Setting
- High-Quality cool touch Body
- Stylish Design
- Stitched type
- Power Requirement: 230 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- 2 Heat Settings: 1000 W, 2000 W
- Long Life Heating Element
Why We Recommend Oreva Room Heater?
Orpat brings to you this heater which is made from plastic and is white in colour. It has a mesh structure which makes the air flow easy across the room and helps in increase in temperature.
The heater comes along with a 2000 watt motor which makes it a suitable heater for your room. A powerful motor is the main component which decides the efficiency of the heater.
The heater is accompanied by regulators which help to control the temperature of the heater quite easily. Do not cover the heater to let the hit air flow comfortably across your room.
11. Orient Room Heater – Orient Electric HC2003D 2000-Watt Fan Heater
Notable Features of Orient Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Temperature control knob
- Adjustable stand
- Two fans for faster heating
- Power: 2000 watts
- Power Supply: 230 V 50 Hz AC with earthing
- Includes: 1 Fan Heater
- Night Light
Why We Recommend Orient Room Heater?
Strong Heating Effect: The Orient HC2003D 2000-Watt Fan Heater keeps you cozy and warm during the chilling winter days. This ISI approved heater produces an impressive 2000 Watt power output for ideal warmth and relaxation. This device comes built-in with two fans that ensure faster heating in a short interval of time so that you would not need blankets any more.
Convenient Usage: This fan heater is accompanied by 3 adjustable heat settings that enable you to operate the heater at 1000 Watts or 2000 Watts. It also features a variable temperature control knob for selecting the optimum level of heating required. You can also set the heater at the desired angle by shifting the stand that is provided at its base.
This device also comes with night light for better visibility at night. Now you don’t have to keep a torch handy for emergencies as this heater serves that purpose efficiently.
Assured Performance: This fan heater from Orient is secured from damage due to over heating by its over heat cut feature. This device is durable and is built for long lasting performance. The fan heater comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty that stands testimony to its dependable reliability.
12. Sunflame Room Heater – Sunflame SF-941 Quartz Room Heater
Notable Features of Sunflame Room Heater
- Quartz elements for efficient heating
- Two heat settings: 400-W & 800-W for maintaining desired room temperature
- Automatic power off in case of tip-over safety, front grill for enhanced safety
- Smart carry handle for easy portability
Why We Recommend Sunflame Room Heater?
A quartz heater is a common type of infrared heater and the creation and subsequent release of heat from the heater is made by the heating element, enclosed in a quartz tube. The purpose of the quartz tube is to protect the heating element and also to stop the escape of convection heat. The Sunflame Quartz SF-941 Room Heater is one of the perfect item which must be present in every home.
Practical Design: The Sunflame Quartz SF-941 Room Heater is equipped with plastic body material. The Grille Material is made of steel. It is equipped with smart carry handle for easy portability and has Rotary type switch. The power requirement ranges from 230-240 Volt.
Adequate Performance: The Sunflame Quartz SF-941 Room Heater comes with Automatic power off in case of tip-over safety, also has front grill for enhanced safety. Maximum power consumption is of 800 Watt. It has power indicator.
13. Singer Room Heater – Singer HC30T 2000-Watt Heat Convector
Notable Features of Singer Room Heater
- 2 heat setting – 1000 watts/2000 watts
- Safety thermal cut-out
- Twin turbo design
- Power on neon indicator
- Large handle for comfortable grip and safety
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power Supply: 230 V, 50 Hz
- Thermostatic Heat Control
- Adjustable Height
- Motor Wattage: 1000 – 2000 W
Why We Recommend Singer Room Heater?
Looking for heating options to help you fight the bitter cold in the comfort of your home? This heat convertor from singer is your best bet. It is built to gradually increase the temperature of the whole room.
This is does by directing the air upwards which slowly with time fills the whole room making it very warm. The thermostat control turns on and off automatically to keep the temperature constant. The convector also has a neon indicator, swing stand, and fan option.
Adapted to heat a space evenly and gradually to avoid any discomfort, it is a smart investment for your home and office needs.
Ease of use, minimalism and efficiency have been at the focus of the design of this product. This room heater will help you stay warm in cold winters. Just plug it in and set it to a comfortable temperature with the adjustable heater watt settings.
Be it your bedroom or your living room, the twin-turbo can raise the temperature and maintain it there so you don’t need to constantly adjust the temperature. It’s portable, so you can carry it around the house too! Don’t let its size fool you, this heater packs quite a punch.
Heat Convector: The HC30T 2000-Watt is a heat convector. It heats air by bringing it in contact with hot coils. This warm air then rises and spreads, which leads to the room’s temperature rising. A big advantage of heat convectors is that it heats a room up evenly. They are also very silent. Heat convectors are ideal for smaller to medium sized rooms.
Working Capacity: The Singer HC30T Has adjustable heater watt settings – set it either at 1000 or 2000 W. It also comes with twin turbo and the temperature increases across the heating space. The inbuilt thermostatic heat control ensures that the temperature stays relatively constant.
Build: This heater is compact and portable, so it doesn’t take up too much space in your room. It comes with a swing stand and adjustable height so you can turn it in the direction and height you desire. To make it easy to carry, it also comes with a sturdy handle. The build also makes this heater easy to maintain – other than keeping it free from dust and dirt, it requires no specific maintenance.
Safety Features: The Singer HC30T also comes with an internal cut-off feature to ensure that the device stops working if the temperature goes too high. This also prevents tripping.
14. Amazon Brand – Solimo 2000-Watt Room Heater
Notable Features of Solimo Room Heater
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty.
- Can be placed both vertically and horizontally
- Lightweight (1.15 kg) for easy portability between rooms
- Plastic body with rust-free metal grill front
- Adjustable thermostat setting for temperature control
- Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting
- Built-in overheating protection
- Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
Why We Recommend Solimo Room Heater?
Engineered For Safety: Solimo Room Heater is equipped to be safe from overheating, designed to automatically switch the motor off if it reaches temperatures of 130° C. Also present is a safety fuse which goes off when the heater reaches temperatures of 126° C. The plastic body of the heater is fire retardant and features a metal grill which keeps the copper element securely locked in, making it a safe option for homes and families.
Optimal Performance: Solimo Room Heater provides effective heating with its copper winded motor which gives 2400 rotations per minute and works on 2000 watts, generating enough heat to keep a small to medium sized room warm. The heater comes with two knobs and variable thermostat settings, allowing you to manage the amount of heat depending on the outside temperature, providing flexibility for day and night usage.
Versatile Function: The dual functionality of the heater allows it to be used as a fan in warmer weather, making it an appliance that you can use all year around. Since it is also wall mountable, it can be easily mounted on a wall, away from the reach of children, in either horizontal or vertical manner.
15. Inalsa Blaze 2000-Watt Room Heater
Notable Features of Inalsa Room Heater
- Cool/Warm/Hot air Selection
- High Velocity Blower
- Adjustable Stand
- Power Indicator Light
- In-built Carry Handle
- Over Heat Protection
- Portable Design
- Cooper Winding Motor
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
Why We Recommend Inalsa Room Heater?
Looking for heating options to help you fight the bitter cold in the comfort of your home? This heat convertor from Inalsa is your best bet. It is built to gradually increase the temperature of the whole room. This is does by directing the air upwards which slowly with time fills the whole room making it very warm.
The thermostat control turns on and off automatically to keep the temperature constant. The convector also has an indicator, swing stand, and fan option. Adapted to heat a space evenly and gradually to avoid any discomfort, it is a smart investment for your home and office needs.
In India, particularly the northern parts, winters are entirely chilly which requires a room radiator to flourish through the season. In the event that you are hoping to purchase a room radiator, look no further. We have recorded and assessed the best room warmers accessible here in India. We have isolated the hunt into different classifications as per a client’s necessities.
Room Heater Buying Guide – How do I choose a room heater?
1. Types of Room Heaters
Heaters can be classified into 4 different categories based largely on portability – personal, smaller, larger and oil-filled heaters. Whichever type of room heater you’re looking to buy, use the latest Flipkart coupons to earn extra discount on your purchases.
a. Personal Room Heater
A personal room heater is a good choice for people who are always cold at their desk or office. They are designed to provide heat to just one person and offer about 200 to 900 watts of heat. They range in price from about 20 to 50 dollars and are small enough to keep in an office cubicle.
b. Small Room Heater
A step-up from personal heaters are smaller units still very portable. These offer more heat than a personal heater for warming up a person or a whole room. You can find this type of heater for as little as 40 dollars to all the way up to 200 dollars depending on the brand and its features.
c. Large Room Heater
Larger size room heaters cost about 100 to 300 dollars and offer about the same amount of heat as smaller units. The difference is, they’re not as portable. Typically, the best ones can heat up a whole room in 15 minutes.
d. Oil Filled Room Heater
There are also oil-filled heaters. Electricity is used to heat the oil inside the heater so you’re never actually burning fuel. They’re a good option if you want to heat a room for a long period of time, but keep in mind they can take twice as long as some other room heaters.
2. Size & Coverage
When deciding upon which type of room heater is right for you, take into consideration what size will suit your needs best. Do you need to heat an office or bedroom, a large family room or great room, or just your feet warm at night? This will give you an idea of what size the space heater will be ideal for your needs. Be sure to buy a room heater that’s appropriate for the dimensions of your space. A room heater that’s too large will consume a lot of energy and lead to higher electricity bills. On the contrary, buying a room heater that’s too small won’t heat your space adequately.
3. Heating Technology
Room heaters use different technologies to heat rooms. While some are great for whole-room heating, others offer direct heat to the people and objects in front of them.
- Convection Heating: Convection heating is the most common type of single room heating technology. They’re known for their ability to heat entire rooms efficiently and for long periods of time.
- Radiant Heating: Radiant heating is best for spot heating because it delivers focused warmth to areas directly in front of the heater.
- Infrared Heating: Infrared heating is similar to radiant heating since it heats the area directly in front of the heater.
- Mica-thermic Heating: Mica-thermic heating combines the processes of convection and radiant heating.
4. Heating Element
You’ll find room heaters that use quartz, ceramic and metallic heating elements; however, our tests find that none of these perform better than the next.
- Ceramic Room Heater: Ceramic heaters use an internal ceramic heating element that’s capable of regulating its own temperature without any wiring and coils to generate heat.
- Oil Filled Room Heater: Oil-filled heaters generate heat using radiant and convection heating. Heat is produced by means of the diathermic oil inside the heater and is dispersed through the heater fins via radiant heating.
- Infrared Room Heater: Infrared heaters use the transfer of energy to heat surrounding objects and people. Most infrared heaters use quartz tubes or tubular heating element.
5. Other features
- Safety: Most room heater models these days come with a sensor that automatically shuts the heater off if it gets too hot or tips over.
- Power Cord Length: Depending on how far you would like to be able to move your heater, the length of the power cord is an important consideration.
- Thermostat: Thermostats allow the unit to maintain the set temperature.
- Timer: Timers are a common feature that will let you place your heater on for a specified amount of time.
- Remote: Like all remotes, the room heater remote allows you to control the heater without walking over to it.
- Mobility: Wheels or a handle will make it easy to move your heater.
- Automatic Oscillation: Automatic oscillation lets your heater evenly distribute heat from left to right.
- Heat-resistant exterior: Room heaters equipped with heat-resistant exteriors can eliminate the risk of burn injuries caused by touching the unit.
- Noise Level: As a general rule of thumb, fan-equipped single-room heaters are noisier than fanless units.
Benefits of Using a Room Heater – What are the advantages of room heater?
Room heaters are reasonably priced and affordable to purchase. Plus, you can save up on installation and electricity costs since room heaters require little or no setup or installation and they can save you money on your current heating bills.
Room heaters are easily portable and can conveniently be carried from one room to another. If you are buying a room heater for your home, you will be able to choose portable models that are really easy to simply pick up and move around.
Room heaters are designed to be safe. Most of them have an anti-tip switch that will cause the heater to turn off if it senses it is no longer upright. If the heater uses fuel for power, it may also have a low oxygen level sensor. This will ensure that the heater turns off if the oxygen level in the room becomes too low.
Most room heaters use convection currents or radiant heat to provide warmth. This ensures that they are almost silent while they are on. This will allow you to use them in your bedroom or anywhere else where you need a quiet atmosphere.
Whether you are looking for a room heater that’s capable of heating a small space or a large room or require an infrared or oil filled room heater, you will always find a heater that is suitable. There is plenty of choices when it comes to the different kinds of heating methods that room heaters use and you can also choose from a diverse range of shapes, sizes, and designs.
Even though room heaters are relatively small, they offer a surprisingly large amount of heat, and you will find that even the most portable of room heaters can be quite effective when it comes to heating your home.
Most room heaters come with a manual or digital thermostat that allows you to control the fan speed, the direction of airflow, heating intensity, etc. This allows you to conserve energy whilst still heating the room to the temperature that you need.
Room Heater Safety Checklist
When you use your room heater, it is important that you follow some basic safety rules.
- Always opt for a room heater with a thermostat to ensure a constant room temperature.
- Choose a room heater that comes with overheat protection. This will ensure that in case the room heater gets overheated, it will cut out automatically. This will improve the durability of your heater.
- When you buy a heater, ensure that it is has been approved by an independent testing lab.
- Ensure that there’s plenty of room around all sides of the room heater to ensure that the heat can be deployed around the room. In order to ensure the best possible clearance, you should leave a clearance of around 3 feet.
- To prevent the heater from being knocked over easily, you should always stand the heater on a flat and stable surface.
- You should always try to avoid using an extension lead with your room heater.
- You should always ensure that your space heater does not obstruct any of the walking areas so that you can safely make a quick exit from a room if required.
- Always supervise small children and pets when a room heater is on.
- Never leave the room heater unattended. If you need to leave the room, you should switch off and unplug the heater.
Tips for Positioning Your Space Heater
When you are thinking of where your heater will go, you should take a few things into consideration. Read on to find out more about positioning your room heater.
- Always keep the room heater on flat and stable surfaces to make sure they don’t get knocked over.
- Ensure that there is plenty of clearance on all sides of the room heater. An area of at least 2-3 feet around the heater should be free for any objects.
- If you have small children or pets at home, opt for mounted room heaters.
- Keep the room heater away from damp and moist areas. Don’t keep it in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Always position the room heater away from the walking path of your home. This will ensure that there is sufficient space to move around.
Frequently Asked Questions About Room Heaters – FAQs
Are room heaters safe?
Yes, room heater are designed and manufactured to be safe. However, to ensure complete safety they need to be used in a safe manner. All points in the room heater safety checklist should be followed. Plus, they need to be properly certified and verified by a product safety organisation. Always purchase room heaters that come with tip over and overload protection.
Can room heaters catch fire?
Yes, if used improperly room heaters can catch fire. To minimize the risk of fire, follow the below-mentioned pointers:
- Always inspect the power cord of the room heater for damage before using it, and never use it with an extension cord.
- If you have anything flammable in your room, keep the room heater away from it.
- Never keep anything on top of the room heater. Also, keep it away from areas where something could accidentally fall on top of it.
- Regularly wipe down your room heater to remove any dust.
- Keep the heater away from damp and moist areas.
Do room heaters create carbon monoxide?
Electric room heaters don’t create carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs from devices that burn fuels, and electric room heaters don’t burn fuels.
Is it Safe to Leave a Room Heater Unattended?
No, never leave your room heater unattended, especially if you have small children or pets around the house. They can accidentally touch it or knock it over. In such cases, always switch off the room heater and unplug it before leaving the room.
Which type of room heater is good for health?
Conventional heaters, like those with red-hot metal rods or ceramic cores inside, can burn up oxygen from the air and are, therefore, not recommended for asthmatic people. They heaters also have other side effects like sleepiness, nausea and headaches.
Halogen heaters, which use the radiation off a halogen light to heat up a space, also have a few side-effects. They give off chemicals that may get into your respiratory passageways and play havoc with your insides, especially if you are asthmatic or allergy-prone.
Even though they are 10 times more expensive, oil filled heaters are best for health.
How can I make my room warmer?
- Once the sun is up, capture as much of that free heat as possible by opening the windows and curtains and letting sunlight into the house.
- Once the sun goes down, keep all that heat from leaving through the windows by closing the drapes.
- Check if your windows and doors have gaps or leaks, that’s causing warm inside air to leak away to the outside and leaving you chilly. Fix these gaps.
- Opt for warmer bedding. You can use flannel or fleece bed sheets and top them with a blanket or down filled comforter. You can even opt for electric blankets if required.
- Cover windows with clear plastic wrap and secure with duct tape. This will reduce heat loss through the windows while allowing sunlight to warm the interior of your home.
- Put on multiple layers of clothing. The extra clothing itself will provide warmth and the air between the layers acts as an insulator. Wool, flannel and synthetics will keep you warmer than cotton or silk.
Are oil heaters dangerous?
If used safety, oil filled heaters are not dangerous. Just ensure that the oil heater you use, comes with overload protection and thermal cutoff. Also ensure that the heater comes with covered fins and a tip-over switch.
Plus, while the heater is working ensure that nothing is covering the vents and there is no oil leak.
It is also advisable to keep your oil filled heater away from water, carpet, rugs and runners.
Can you leave a room heater on overnight?
No, it is not recommended to run a space heater all night while you sleep. While they are designed to automatically shut off in cases of overheating, you don’t want to be asleep should the worst happen.
It’s much safer to switch on the heater and warm up the room before you go to bed. Once you’re ready to sleep, the room will be sufficiently warm and you can switch off the heater.
What are the different types of room heaters?
Portable heaters are used to warm up specific areas of your home or wherever central air is too costly to run. There are two basic types of portable heaters to choose from.
Electric heaters convert electrical energy into heat and require an electrical outlet to operate. Be sure to plug the cord directly into a 120-volt wall outlet to prevent it from overheating.
Gas heaters use fuel to produce heat, such as propane, natural gas, or kerosene. Because it doesn’t rely on electricity, gas heaters can function during power outages. However, they should only be used in a well-ventilated area like a garage. Electric heaters can be used in enclosed areas.
Portable heaters with automatic or programmable thermostats control the amount of energy it takes to heat up a room. With this feature, you can set specific times for your heater to run, a good way to conserve energy. Be sure to follow all the safety and operation guidelines provided by your manufacturer when handling your product.
Conclusion – Which is best room heater?
Right now, we think Usha Room Heater – Usha Quartz (3002) 800-Watt Room Heater is one of the best room heater in India you can buy. It’s affordable, energy-efficient, able to warm rooms quickly, and it’s safe.
Depending on your needs, it is important to look for a room heater that’s powerful but not too noisy, compact and portable so that it can be used in multiple rooms. Most importantly, the safety of the room heater should be the top concern. We picked the above-mentioned room heaters with all of that in mind.
If you’re unable to find the right room heater for your home here, head over to Amazon to browse through the store’s extensive collection.
Loved our blog on the best room heaters in India? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.